Sizing on post-Cool Base caps with boxed size tag?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1815
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 07/11/17 11:39 pm    Post subject: Sizing on post-Cool Base caps with boxed size tag? Reply with quote
So Cool Base caps have a boxed size tag and Cool Base tag whereas later caps have an unboxed size tag and 'Fly Your Own Flag' tag. The Cool Bases are almost all a size smaller but what about the rare caps with a boxed size combined with the 'Fly Your Own Flag' tag? Do those generally have the old sizing or the new one? Or is there no pattern to them?

I do know that I've picked up some older caps with 100% new tags that still fit like Cool Base so I'm assuming these mixed tag caps are likely old stock and thus run small.

I can add a photo tomorrow if I'm not being clear. Thanks for any help guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
XclickX
Legend/Addict


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 2911
Location: PA

Post Posted: 07/12/17 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sizing on post-Cool Base caps with boxed size tag? Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
So Cool Base caps have a boxed size tag and Cool Base tag whereas later caps have an unboxed size tag and 'Fly Your Own Flag' tag. The Cool Bases are almost all a size smaller but what about the rare caps with a boxed size combined with the 'Fly Your Own Flag' tag? Do those generally have the old sizing or the new one? Or is there no pattern to them?

I do know that I've picked up some older caps with 100% new tags that still fit like Cool Base so I'm assuming these mixed tag caps are likely old stock and thus run small.

I can add a photo tomorrow if I'm not being clear. Thanks for any help guys.


Any hat( In my experience) with the boxed tagging fits true to size (pre 2012). New era did something with their sizing in 2012 that made all the hats a little bit bigger. I've noticed in the last year that the sizing is more inline with the pre-2011 sizing. I'm buying way more 7 1/4 than 7 1/8 now. From like 2000 until 2012 I only bought 1/4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1815
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 07/12/17 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Click. Needed to clarify this before potentially picking up a cap on Ebay.

I've seen quite a bit of size irregularity during the past year. The entire stock of 7 1/2 Mets road alts were too big on me (and the 7 3/8's were too small). This was after receiving a 7 1/2 in the mail that was too small. Then there's my '67 O's TBTC from last year, which is the only 7 3/8 in my collection(fits perfectly too). My '17 Rockies road OTOH is slightly oversized. So far I haven't detected a pattern.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2031
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 07/15/17 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't guide myself with the size diff. it's been the same some run small ,some run normal, and some run big. I buy my size regardless of the year or material.
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baby dhibs
Platinum Member


Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 601
Location: Beaverton, OR

Post Posted: 07/16/17 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only have one cap like this (Mariners teal bill alt) but it fits snug with a crown that's almost low crown. Fits great after a haircut, unwearable after a month, haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1815
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 07/16/17 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
I don't guide myself with the size diff. it's been the same some run small ,some run normal, and some run big. I buy my size regardless of the year or material.

Really? I've seen sizing variations on my '07-'11 caps but all tend to run small relative to their listed size compared to today's caps. Perhaps your true size is exactly halfway between the available sizes? I know that most post '12 7 1/2's fit me very well so NE seems to have a sweet spot for me these past few years.

baby dhibs wrote:
I only have one cap like this (Mariners teal bill alt) but it fits snug with a crown that's almost low crown. Fits great after a haircut, unwearable after a month, haha

Funny, I've seen more than one boxed post-Cool Base M's alt on Ebay. Must have been tagged around the same time. I've considered getting one as I was hoping initial runs might have used the nineties shade of teal for the brim (you can never tell from the photos due to lighting).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum