Is this Jays '08-'10 alt legit?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 3:50 pm    Post subject: Is this Jays '08-'10 alt legit? Reply with quote
Sorry for the large photos but I think they're necessary in this case.

I just received a Jays cap I got off eBay. The seller had no sales which is obviously the first clue to expect issues. I bought anyway.

Photo 1 shows what looks like sloppy text for the 'The Official Cap of MLB' logos on the underside of the cap. It's basically a run-on scrawl of text and the font is taller and thinner than usual.

Photo 2 shows baggy fabric between the tags at the rear of the cap. Not sure how well this comes through in a photo but it's immediately noticeable when wearing the cap.

Photo 3 shows (or tries to show anyway; not sure how well it comes through in a photo) that the cap polyester has virtually no 'fuzz'. It feels more like a canvas tote bag than an AC poly. Doesn't have the Chino grease or smell btw. Never had a cap feel this and this was the first thing I noticed was 'off' with this cap.

Cap was advertised as 'new with tags'. Any thoughts on whether it's legit? If not, any suggestions on a course of action. Thanks for any help, guys.

Photos below:

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3
Neweracapguyer
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have similar Blue Jays cap, which I believe to be a fake, would you mind showing the logo and sweat band for further comparison?
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys take a pic of the front logo and MLB batterman for further review I do own a fake blue jays and I could compare it to yours
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Logo, batterman, front and rear sweatbands plus a closeup of the buckram below. I'll take or retake any photos if it helps.

XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fake. Get a refund from PayPal. Tell them seller sold you a counterfeit item. Or just ask the seller for your money back.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Logo looks odd, no nose on the batterman, floppy sweatband ..totally fake.
do as XclixkX says also if seller ask for his cap being returned , remind him is a federal crime to ship counterfeits and illegal stuff . You'll get your money back and use this crap for yard work or to light up the grill
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help click and gmac. I've gone ahead and requested a refund with the threat that I'll report him if he doesn't do the right thing. The seller is 'arhatguy' btw. His eBay page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/arhatguy?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

This is the second failed try I've made to get a quality '08-'10 Jays alt. Doesn't seem to be meant to be. Laughing
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the kind of seller that makes you a bit more careful when buying on eBay. His latest message:

'I'll kindly disagree with you on these points. Furthermore, I sent you pictures you requested. Not sure why you would still buy it after the pictures if you were concerned of authenticity. Your best bet is to go to a retail store if you're that concerned. Again, it's okay to disagree, I'll gladly refund'

I like that he seems to feel that buyers on eBay shouldn't be that concerned about authenticity. Laughing He also claimed in an earlier message that the guy he gets these from has a distributor contract with NE. I told him the cap hasn't been sold for several years but that didn't seem to register with him.

Never requested any photos btw. Should have but I'm not sure I would have known the signs yet anyway.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All you need to look for on these poly fakes is the batterman. They all seem to have the same batterman as this one.
Neweracapguyer
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/09/16 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the EXACT same blue jays cap, it's defenitley a fake but I like the Jays logo too much to get rid of it lol.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, click.

Neweracapguyer, I also love the logo. I honestly wouldn't care that it was fake if the poly was better. I might not have even known.

Seller refuses to acknowledge any wrongdoing btw. I'm gonna have to eat return shipping just to make this go away without a back and forth with eBay (haven't heard back from them yet) and even that's not a done deal. Serves me right for buying from someone with zero feedback.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Thanks for the tip, click.

Neweracapguyer, I also love the logo. I honestly wouldn't care that it was fake if the poly was better. I might not have even known.

Seller refuses to acknowledge any wrongdoing btw. I'm gonna have to eat return shipping just to make this go away without a back and forth with eBay (haven't heard back from them yet) and even that's not a done deal. Serves me right for buying from someone with zero feedback.

I have been burned twice with fakes, but both times I've got full refund ,open a case through ebay they will settle this for you, make sure to mention that you're a cap collector and you know your shizzle
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/09/16 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
I have been burned twice with fakes, but both times I've got full refund ,open a case through ebay they will settle this for you, make sure to mention that you're a cap collector and you know your shizzle

The seller's response to me telling him this and laying out my evidence was to call me a 'know it all'. Just an infuriating seller.

But thanks, gmac. I've opened the case and am waiting for a reply. I've given the seller one last chance to cancel payment and let me return the cap tomorrow at my own expense but he's resisting even that since tags have been removed. The COUNTERFEITER started reciting eBay policy to me on that. I'd laugh if I wasn't so pissed off.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/10/16 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
el_gmac wrote:

The seller's response to me telling him this and laying out my evidence was to call me a 'know it all'. Just an infuriating seller.

But thanks, gmac. I've opened the case and am waiting for a reply. I've given the seller one last chance to cancel payment and let me return the cap tomorrow at my own expense but he's resisting even that since tags have been removed. The COUNTERFEITER started reciting eBay policy to me on that. I'd laugh if I wasn't so pissed off.

Did you leave negative feedback already?

Edit: It looks like you already did. Good job.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/10/16 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Did you leave negative feedback already?

Edit: It looks like you already did. Good job.

I gave him plenty of opportunity to avoid the negative feedback too. He's either ignorant enough to actually believe that he's selling an authentic 5950 or he simply doesn't care about his feedback for whatever reason. I suspect it's not the latter because he tried to force me into removing the negative feedback in order to accept a return with no tags.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: