Before and afterView previous topic :: View next topic  
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 10:27 am    Post subject: Before and after Reply with quote
Before

After

Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice! The magic of nu cap.
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
Nice! The magic of nu cap.
it really is great having one
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They look brand new, good work.

You would be Nu cap-ing the hell out of my regular crown poly's if you bought 'em used. I actively work to get a broken down crown.
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
They look brand new, good work.

You would be Nu cap-ing the hell out of my regular crown poly's if you bought 'em used. I actively work to get a broken down crown.
but not wrinkled up like those.....I don't mind if it's lower......i'd actually like to shrink the thunder bay one a bit
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
another job well done
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
another job well done
thx bro
Gadm

Post Posted: 04/04/16 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone can tell me if this cap is original and if there is a way to restore it without the nu cap?

seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Gadm"]Does anyone can tell me if this cap is original and if there is a way to restore it without the nu cap?

It is original, but it looks pretty perfect....what's wrong with it?
Gadm

Post Posted: 04/04/16 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="seawolf"][quote="Gadm"]Does anyone can tell me if this cap is original and if there is a way to restore it without the nu cap?

It is original, but it looks pretty perfect....what's wrong with it?[/quote]

It has like "wrinkles" in the back outside part of the crown, the last photo shows it a little. Maybe I am being just too OCD but I think the shrinking over the years caused that because it know fits like a 7. 1/2
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Gadm"]
seawolf wrote:
Gadm wrote:
Does anyone can tell me if this cap is original and if there is a way to restore it without the nu cap?

It is original, but it looks pretty perfect....what's wrong with it?

It has like "wrinkles" in the back outside part of the crown, the last photo shows it a little. Maybe I am being just too OCD but I think the shrinking over the years caused that because it know fits like a 7. 1/2
If you're planning on wearing it that should fix it
Gadm

Post Posted: 04/04/16 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="seawolf"][quote="Gadm"][quote="seawolf"][quote="Gadm"]Does anyone can tell me if this cap is original and if there is a way to restore it without the nu cap?

It is original, but it looks pretty perfect....what's wrong with it?[/quote]

It has like "wrinkles" in the back outside part of the crown, the last photo shows it a little. Maybe I am being just too OCD but I think the shrinking over the years caused that because it know fits like a 7. 1/2[/quote] If you're planning on wearing it that should fix it[/quote]

Thanks man
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
but not wrinkled up like those.....I don't mind if it's lower......i'd actually like to shrink the thunder bay one a bit

I'm thinking my boiling water and hair dryer method might lead to wrinkling on the crowns of regular crown polys. It works perfectly on LC poly's and all wools but the new higher crown caps have so much freaking material that some wrinkling might be inevitable for those of us who like the crown to basically hug the forehead. I don't mind a few wrinkles though so it doesn't bother me personally.

Gadm wrote:

That's a beautiful cap and totally authentic. If you like a snug fit you could put some hot water on the back of the cap and then wear it. That could take care of the wrinkles. Otherwise, do what seawolf said and just wear it.

Btw, I see that that cap is a USA DC with imported materials. Do you have any other DC's and if so, how does this one's wool and brim compare to the others? I ask because I have a DC with that 'imported materials' tag as well and I love its wool and brim, especially compared to my other DC's. I'm wondering if these 'imported materials' DC's are worth seeking out.
Gadm

Post Posted: 04/04/16 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Guy Gadbois sorry for long post and bad English

Thanks for the tip, I don't plan on wearing it at the moment so I am going to wait a few months to see if more wrinkles appear to apply your suggestion.

I started getting into baseball like 3 years from now and really liked it a lot to the point that I started to play it and to collect caps. I live in Mexico and all NE caps here are Chinese Made, so sadly like 5/8 of my collection is Chinese.

I started to hunt USA Made caps thanks to this forum and that when I saw a USA made the first time the difference was remarkable.

As for the DC's wool and brim, this is my only DC cap. I have some HatClub MLB Cooperstown USA made 100% wool caps, and I have to say that I prefer the feel of my DC's wool rather than HatClubs, but my DC's brim is too pliant for my test in comparison to the stiffer brim of HatClub's caps. But definitely both wools are better than my Chinese wools.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/04/16 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gadm wrote:
@Guy Gadbois sorry for long post and bad English

Thanks for the tip, I don't plan on wearing it at the moment so I am going to wait a few months to see if more wrinkles appear to apply your suggestion.

I started getting into baseball like 3 years from now and really liked it a lot to the point that I started to play it and to collect caps. I live in Mexico and all NE caps here are Chinese Made, so sadly like 5/8 of my collection is Chinese.

I started to hunt USA Made caps thanks to this forum and that when I saw a USA made the first time the difference was remarkable.

As for the DC's wool and brim, this is my only DC cap. I have some HatClub MLB Cooperstown USA made 100% wool caps, and I have to say that I prefer the feel of my DC's wool rather than HatClubs, but my DC's brim is too pliant for my test in comparison to the stiffer brim of HatClub's caps. But definitely both wools are better than my Chinese wools.

Great hat! In time you will realize the older, wool hats are superior and should be the staple of your collection Smile
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: