Panel switchingView previous topic :: View next topic  
capsthetics

Post Posted: 03/16/16 9:39 pm    Post subject: Panel switching Reply with quote
not sure if this is the right place to post this, feel free to move it if not.

i know this is most definitely the wrong thing to do but was curious to know; has anyone ever taken a smaller cap, say a size 7, and switched out the the back panels from the same styled cap (different team) that is larger, say size 7 1/2, to make the smaller bigger?

this would mean cutting the original stitching, removing the two back panels from both caps and replacing the larger ones on the smaller sized cap.

probably impossible and will definitely ruin the quality of the cap, but again just curious.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/16 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel switching Reply with quote
capsthetics wrote:

i know this is most definitely the wrong thing to do but was curious to know; has anyone ever taken a smaller cap, say a size 7, and switched out the the back panels from the same styled cap (different team) that is larger, say size 7 1/2, to make the smaller bigger?

this would mean cutting the original stitching, removing the two back panels from both caps and replacing the larger ones on the smaller sized cap.

probably impossible and will definitely ruin the quality of the cap, but again just curious.

I have no info about that but what I do know is that even if you did make the hat bigger with the switch, you still will look bad in the cap. The reason is that New Era does not make the two front panels the same size on every hat. The difference between a size 7 and a 7 1/8 is even so much that when I stretch a 7 to fit me perfectly it looks weird because the front panels on a 7 are so small.

I assume people who wear a 7 1/2 will not look right in a 7 1/4 even if the hat was stretched and fit them perfectly. My personal experience is just with size 7 , 71/8 and 7 1/4 caps.

Last edited by XclickX on 03/16/16 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/16/16 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel switching Reply with quote
capsthetics wrote:

How are you planning on dealing with the hatband?
newyorknets
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/16/16 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds like a heck of a lot of work
capsthetics

Post Posted: 03/17/16 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Panel switching Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
I have no info about that but what I do know is that even if you did make the hat bigger with the switch, you still will look bad in the cap. The reason is that New Era does not make the two front panels the same size on every hat. The difference between a size 7 and a 7 1/8 is even so much that when I stretch a 7 to fit me perfectly it looks weird because the front panels on a 7 are so small.

I assume people who wear a 7 1/2 will not look right in a 7 1/4 even if the hat was stretched and fit them perfectly. My personal experience is just with size 7 , 71/8 and 7 1/4 caps.

the 7 cap's front panel doesn't look smaller at all actually. but i could see where it would be.

Hat Guru wrote:
How are you planning on dealing with the hatband?

plan on removing it from the back panels of the caps and reattach it to the other cap.

not sure if i'll even go thru with it, but was very curious it the caps can basically be deconstructed in a clean manner.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/16 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Believe me size 7 has a way smaller two front panels than 1/8 or 1/4. What size are you?
capsthetics

Post Posted: 03/17/16 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
Believe me size 7 has a way smaller two front panels than 1/8 or 1/4. What size are you?

i am size 7 1/2, so they're even smaller.
i'll have to double check and maybe submit a photo later, i swear they look the same lol
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/17/16 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
capsthetics wrote:
XclickX wrote:

i am size 7 1/2, so they're even smaller.
i'll have to double check and maybe submit a photo later, i swear they look the same lol

I'll do the same . Lol.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: