Nu-Cap Shape liquid?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1760
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 12/20/15 2:29 pm    Post subject: Nu-Cap Shape liquid? Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the liquid is? Is it just starch? I've already gone through half a bottle and I don't feel like shelling out $8 for another 8 ounce bottle. I was hoping there was a cheaper option out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1387

Post Posted: 12/20/15 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nu-Cap Shape liquid? Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Does anyone know what the liquid is? Is it just starch? I've already gone through half a bottle and I don't feel like shelling out $8 for another 8 ounce bottle. I was hoping there was a cheaper option out there.


Yep, it's starch. Have you tried just using water? I've found that to work just as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1760
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 12/20/15 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nu-Cap Shape liquid? Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:
Does anyone know what the liquid is? Is it just starch? I've already gone through half a bottle and I don't feel like shelling out $8 for another 8 ounce bottle. I was hoping there was a cheaper option out there.


Yep, it's starch. Have you tried just using water? I've found that to work just as well.


No, I haven't. I've only had it a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1387

Post Posted: 12/20/15 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem. I've found their reshape spray to be a big mess at times. Plus, after long periods without using the spray, the bottle becomes clogged up. Water will definitely work with wool hats, and I've had success with the poly hats too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict


Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Posts: 3125
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post Posted: 12/20/15 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just use warm water
_________________
Visit my blog @ http://neweramlb.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1760
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 12/20/15 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, man.

I just did the water with my teal Marlins DC. We'll see how it looks in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1387

Post Posted: 12/20/15 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Thanks, man.

I just did the water with my teal Marlins DC. We'll see how it looks in the morning.


If it is a DC cap, the water will work perfectly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum