NPB authenticsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
Well, if you're interested in a Yomiuri Giants cap, Ideal Cap Co (former cooperstown ball cap co) makes an awesome cap for around $55. Leather sweatband and thick wool, might be a cheaper alternative!

Thanks a ton for linking this! I've been looking for a Yomiuri Giants cap for a while and getting one with thick wool would be too good to be true. I think I'll send them an email to ask whether they'd be allowed to do a reproduction of Selleck's Chunichi Dragons cap from Mr. Baseball.

That company is going to do serious financial damage to me though: the YG cap, Springfield Isotopes cap Bad News Bears cap are all must-haves. Then there's the NY Knights and Rockford Peaches caps that'll make great gifts. Must start saving...

Springfield Isotopes would be sweet!
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
Well, if you're interested in a Yomiuri Giants cap, Ideal Cap Co (former cooperstown ball cap co) makes an awesome cap for around $55. Leather sweatband and thick wool, might be a cheaper alternative!

Thanks a ton for linking this! I've been looking for a Yomiuri Giants cap for a while and getting one with thick wool would be too good to be true. I think I'll send them an email to ask whether they'd be allowed to do a reproduction of Selleck's Chunichi Dragons cap from Mr. Baseball.

That company is going to do serious financial damage to me though: the YG cap, Springfield Isotopes cap Bad News Bears cap are all must-haves. Then there's the NY Knights and Rockford Peaches caps that'll make great gifts. Must start saving...

The NY Knights hat was on ebay recently. New Era made too I believe.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure if the 'Topes cap is 100% accurate unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any stills from the show that have the cap looking like the version they sell.

And I think the Knights cap is popular with unlicensed cap makers. I've seen quite a few available on various sites. The promise of thick wool and an attractive leather band elevate this particular one IMHO.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
I'm not sure if the 'Topes cap is 100% accurate unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any stills from the show that have the cap looking like the version they sell.

And I think the Knights cap is popular with unlicensed cap makers. I've seen quite a few available on various sites. The promise of thick wool and an attractive leather band elevate this particular one IMHO.

The Isotopes cap they wore on the show was red crown with a white rail if that helps any.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
The Isotopes cap they wore on the show was red crown with a white rail if that helps any.

I'm showing my cap ignorance here but: white 'rail'? Not familiar with that term in this context.

They seem to have changed the cap as the series progressed. Dancin' Homer from S2 has a solid royal blue cap, Lemon of Troy from S6 has a solid red cap and later episodes (not worth naming) have a red cap with white front panels. I can't find the two-tone they're selling in any episode. All I could find was this picture from a Simpsons wiki and even it has different colored eyelets than what ICC is selling:

And yes, before anyone else feels the need to point it out: I am a massive Simpsons geek. Laughing

Also an FYI for people considering the Yomiuri Giants cap: I think they get the logo a bit wrong. All of the classic photos I've seen have the G on top of the Y whereas ICC's is the reverse.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
LEROY712 wrote:

I'm showing my cap ignorance here but: white 'rail'? Not familiar with that term in this context.

They seem to have changed the cap as the series progressed. Dancin' Homer from S2 has a solid royal blue cap, Lemon of Troy from S6 has a solid red cap and later episodes (not worth naming) have a red cap with white front panels. I can't find the two-tone they're selling in any episode. All I could find was this picture from a Simpsons wiki and even it has different colored eyelets than what ICC is selling:

And yes, before anyone else feels the need to point it out: I am a massive Simpsons geek. Laughing

Also an FYI for people considering the Yomiuri Giants cap: I think they get the logo a bit wrong. All of the classic photos I've seen have the G on top of the Y whereas ICC's is the reverse.

The rail is the front panels. I remember homer having the blue cap when he was the mascot and the team having the white rail. Wonder why Simpsons wiki has that.
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: