NPB authenticsView previous topic :: View next topic  
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/15 9:08 am    Post subject: NPB authentics Reply with quote
Does anyone here own one? They're really pricey.....anyplace have them for a reasonable price?
CapOfTheWeek

Post Posted: 10/19/15 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
Does anyone here own one? They're really pricey.....anyplace have them for a reasonable price?
As in Nippon Professional baseball new era caps? I've always tried to find one, even on japanese teams' sites, but to no avail.
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/15 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
As in Nippon Professional baseball new era caps? I've always tried to find one, even on japanese teams' sites, but to no avail.
I found some......the cheapest one is 109.00 shipped the one I like is 162.00 lol.....and it's a 2 month wait because they're made to order......
CapOfTheWeek

Post Posted: 10/19/15 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
I found some......the cheapest one is 109.00 shipped the one I like is 162.00 lol.....and it's a 2 month wait because they're made to order......
Well, if you're interested in a Yomiuri Giants cap, Ideal Cap Co (former cooperstown ball cap co) makes an awesome cap for around $55. Leather sweatband and thick wool, might be a cheaper alternative!
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/15 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
Well, if you're interested in a Yomiuri Giants cap, Ideal Cap Co (former cooperstown ball cap co) makes an awesome cap for around $55. Leather sweatband and thick wool, might be a cheaper alternative!

I don't even think they offer their on field.....just the replica.....I got beat on a nice new era 80s one recently.....I may have went higher if I knew.....
CapOfTheWeek

Post Posted: 10/20/15 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:

I don't even think they offer their on field.....just the replica.....I got beat on a nice new era 80s one recently.....I may have went higher if I knew.....
Nice! I saw that one on ebay too and thought of bidding, was curious to see if New Era would make tags in Japanese but sadly no Sad
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:

Nice! I saw that one on ebay too and thought of bidding, was curious to see if New Era would make tags in Japanese but sadly no Sad
it's crazy, their snapback replicas cost more than our authentics......
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:

I own a replica from Japan. My friend went in 2010 and brought me one back. Not too sure how much they cost over there.

seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:

I own a replica from Japan. My friend went in 2010 and brought me one back. Not too sure how much they cost over there.

I believe like 54 for the new eras, slightly less for the snapbacks.....though the snapbacks are more like a zipper pull......the tigers was actually the team I liked most......162 bucks and 2 months to make it for the on field......
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://store.japan-zone.com/hanshin-tigers-model-fitted-p-249.html
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:

So New Era does not make the on-fields in the NPB?
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
XclickX wrote:
seawolf wrote:

no it's Mizuno.....
CapOfTheWeek

Post Posted: 10/20/15 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
XclickX wrote:
seawolf wrote:

no it's Mizuno.....
There might not be a league-wide exclusive contract. I've seen Giants caps made by nike, so maybe they change from year to year, like how it was in the US before the 80's and 90's. I kinda like it better when different uniform providers were in the league at once, competition helps acceleration of innovation...WHAT MONOPOLY?
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/15 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CapOfTheWeek wrote:
seawolf wrote:
XclickX wrote:
seawolf wrote:

no it's Mizuno.....
There might not be a league-wide exclusive contract. I've seen Giants caps made by nike, so maybe they change from year to year, like how it was in the US before the 80's and 90's. I kinda like it better when different uniform providers were in the league at once, competition helps acceleration of innovation...WHAT MONOPOLY?
the authentics seem to be mizuno atm.....I think maybe majestic and Adidas may have made them as well......i'm not sure the giants even offer an on field, but it's hard to find info.....but the "snapbacks" are pretty cool with the zipper closure......
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/24/16 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: NPB authentics Reply with quote
CapOfTheWeek wrote:

Thanks a ton for linking this! I've been looking for a Yomiuri Giants cap for a while and getting one with thick wool would be too good to be true. I think I'll send them an email to ask whether they'd be allowed to do a reproduction of Selleck's Chunichi Dragons cap from Mr. Baseball.

That company is going to do serious financial damage to me though: the YG cap, Springfield Isotopes cap Bad News Bears cap are all must-haves. Then there's the NY Knights and Rockford Peaches caps that'll make great gifts. Must start saving...
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: