Legit Check on New Era LA Dodgers On Field CapView previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/10/15 9:48 am    Post subject: Legit Check on New Era LA Dodgers On Field Cap Reply with quote
Just got this from ebay from seller 2000bestdeals who claims that its authentic. But the prints inside the cap is sloppy and messy compared to the ones I got from actual NE shop and the stitches inside the cap are messy too. Even though these are made in USA and ones I got are made in China.

I hope you guys could help me out here. Here are the pics:

Thanks.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/10/15 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks legitimate to me.
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/10/15 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even with the sloppy and messy prints on the New Era lining inside the cap?

These are the made in USA ones, and if this is legit then i think the China ones are better made than the USA ones. Stitches and prints are all clean, bold and symetrical.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/12/15 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hydeous wrote:
Even with the sloppy and messy prints on the New Era lining inside the cap?

These are the made in USA ones, and if this is legit then i think the China ones are better made than the USA ones. Stitches and prints are all clean, bold and symetrical.

Yes. I have a handful of legit New Era's that have worse print than this. New Era is not the poster for perfection or consistency. Everything that is important, looks spot on with this cap.

And i'll be honest, even if there was dog crap smeared inside the hat and stayed there permanently, USA made would still be better than Chinese. I too thought for about a week that Chinese made seemed better than USA until I realized that everything that mattered was so much better with USA made than Chinese. China can keep the crisp lettering inside the hat. I'll take the fit and structure of the USA made. Not to mention the fact that I can pick up a black USA made cap a year after buying it and it looks great. Try that with Chinese and it'll look like you're wearing a dead cat on your head. They collect dust and lint like nobody's business and look TERRIBLE.
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/12/15 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the info guys. Really appreciate it as I'm a pretty new when it comes to new era and I wouldntfeel right giving a negative to the seller before doing my research.

The made in China raiders cap that I got from new era retail shop in Japan seems thicker and sturdier than this one, that's why I thought these looks 'off'. But yeah, it seems to pick up dust easier than these.

Looks like I'll be buying more from the seller then. Thanks again for the help guys. Smile
bobsbargains
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/13/15 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just be careful buying from 2000bestdeals as i reckon some of the hats they sell are fakes.

I was looking at an old Red Sox on field hat that was supposed to be a wool, made in the usa pre 2007 that they were selling and i decided to have a look at the feedback and there was a lot of negative feedback about these particular hats being fakes.

Not just Red Sox ones but other teams, the Yankees was another.

I'm not saying your Dodgers hat is fake in any way, looks good to me too.

Just exercise caution with this seller.
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/14/15 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobsbargains wrote:
Just be careful buying from 2000bestdeals as i reckon some of the hats they sell are fakes.

I was looking at an old Red Sox on field hat that was supposed to be a wool, made in the usa pre 2007 that they were selling and i decided to have a look at the feedback and there was a lot of negative feedback about these particular hats being fakes.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'm on the market for Yankee cap now. Is this seller legit :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Era-New-York-YANKEES-GAME-Hat-On-Field-59FIFTY-CAP-All-Sizes-NAVY-/281106245517?pt=US_Hats&var=&hash=item41733ce78d
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/15/15 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or could anyone recommend where I can get legit, made in USA, wool on field NY Yankees cap?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/15/15 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobsbargains wrote:

I have bought a number of wool authentics from 2000bestdeals and never had an issue. They have all been the real deal...
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/17/15 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so are his NY Yankees On Field cap legit?
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/18/15 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wool ones I have bought in recent years have been legit.
Hydeous
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/18/15 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have any links of the current auction by any chance?
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: