Does NE make any wool or cotton fabric in the US anymore?View previous topic :: View next topic  
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/22/15 11:41 pm    Post subject: Does NE make any wool or cotton fabric in the US anymore? Reply with quote
Any made in USA wool or cotton hat i've seen recently is always Made in US with imported materials. Does this mean they no longer make the wool or cotton for hats in the US anymore? Combine this with NE not being able to make certain hats in the US because they simply don't stock color fabric in the US and it is really sad. Soon the poly they use in the US hats will be Chinese made as well.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/23/15 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Does NE make any wool or cotton fabric in the US anymore Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
Any made in USA wool or cotton hat i've seen recently is always Made in US with imported materials. Does this mean they no longer make the wool or cotton for hats in the US anymore? Combine this with NE not being able to make certain hats in the US because they simply don't stock color fabric in the US and it is really sad. Soon the poly they use in the US hats will be Chinese made as well.

HatClub gets USA made wool caps made up for them, they definitely exist. Trevor Hoffman caps at Petco Park are USA made wool too, I miss that material; but I definitely prefer USA made poly.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/23/15 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Does NE make any wool or cotton fabric in the US anymore Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
bamahater wrote:

HatClub gets USA made wool caps made up for them, they definitely exist. Trevor Hoffman caps at Petco Park are USA made wool too, I miss that material; but I definitely prefer USA made poly.

I know New Era still makes wool and cotton USA hats but they all list "made in US with imported materials" on the tagging. I was just assuming they stopped all production of the fabric in the US and just go cheap with foreign materials with US assembly.
southpaw33
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/23/15 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually picked up a few months ago a USA made cotton cap. I'll send a picture when I can.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/23/15 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The material could be readily had if NE wanted it, it's not as if they had to go overseas because domestic supply dried up. It's just NE trying to drive costs down while increasing margins, because the retail cost of the hat sure as hell hasn't decreased.

Scary to think how cheap the material must be to make it cost effective to ship it over from China...
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: