Ebbets Field Flannels HatsView previous topic :: View next topic  
codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/07/13 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
codyb619 wrote:
Finally placed my order yesterday and just my luck, both hats were back ordered.

Bummer. The good news is that the wait usually isn't as long as they say (if they gave you an estimate of when they would be in stock). I recently ordered a shirt that they said would take 3-4 weeks for production but it shipped after a week and a half.

I hope it ships earlier. But I did e-mail them asking if they were in stock before ordering last week and they said they were getting more inventory last Monday, so if its already sold out it probably won't be early.
codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/16/13 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I got my 1905 Brewers pillbox in the mail today, just waiting for the Atlanta Crackers hat to ship now.
MadHatta
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/16/13 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
codyb619 wrote:
Well, I got my 1905 Brewers pillbox in the mail today, just waiting for the Atlanta Crackers hat to ship now.

Proooove it. Hahaha just messin but let's see some pics
codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/16/13 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my usual size of 7 1/4. Fits a little tight, but my hair is a bit longer than I usually have it so when I get a cut it will fit perfectly.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/17/13 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very cool! Is that flannel like that used in jerseys or a different material?
codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/17/13 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
Very cool! Is that flannel like that used in jerseys or a different material?

I don't own any of their jerseys, so I'm not sure. The grey panels don't feel thick like a flannel shirt, it is thinner material. It feels more like a flannel sheet. But the blue stripes and M are like a thicker wool. It's a little weird looking to me since I'm used to wearing 5950's but I like it a lot.
MadHatta
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/18/13 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got off the phone with Tim, he's great, made the order quick and easy. Just put in my order for my 67 El Paso Sun Kings!! That's my Christmas gift to myself. Haha I wish I had it for when I go back to El Paso (2 weeks) oh well though! Can't wait
codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/19/13 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got an e-mail from EFF saying my Atlanta Crackers hat won't be here by xmas, but they could swap it out for one in stock or take a rain-check. I guess I'll see if they have either the SF Seals of Los Barbudos in stock in my size. Is the Los Barbudos hat a darker blue or more like a royal blue? Can't tell from their picture.

EDIT: Just called them to swap out the Crackers hat. Getting the Los Barbudos and the guy said they would do what they can to get it to me by Tuesday. Hoping it all works out.
blueturf
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/20/13 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
codyb619 wrote:
Is the Los Barbudos hat a darker blue or more like a royal blue? Can't tell from their picture.

EDIT: I have the Los Barbudos hat. It looks a little darker than a royal blue but is no where near close to a dark navy color. Here is a photo of part of my EFF collection [bottom row]that shows its color in relation to other blue hats.

codyb619
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/27/13 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my Los Barbudos hat today. Love the quality and feel. The only thing I don't like is what someone stated before, when you wear the 6 panel hats, it sticks up in the three places in the front. It will just take some time to get used to wearing a hat with a loose buckram.

'74 Twins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/20/14 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got me an 8-panel Almendares cap for $26 (incl. shipping)...that's almost giving it away.

Does anyone else wonder where EFF gets its research pics from? I sometimes google a team whose cap EFF is selling and I rarely get visual evidence that the team wore that cap. I know there is more to research than Google but it would be nice to have a pic alongside the cap to show authenticity.

The dugout memories website did this, and I thought it was a nice touch.
MadHatta
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/27/14 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I ordered a custom cap right before Christmas and I understand that these things take time but do they usually give you an update on when the hat will be ready? I called last week and asked if they could give me an update an they said they had no information for me which is understandable but I would just like a heads up as to when I can expect 100 dollars to be take from my account
blueturf
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/08/14 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MadHatta wrote:
So I ordered a custom cap right before Christmas and I understand that these things take time but do they usually give you an update on when the hat will be ready? I called last week and asked if they could give me an update an they said they had no information for me which is understandable but I would just like a heads up as to when I can expect 100 dollars to be take from my account

Any update on this hat - I would love to see how different customs turn out.
MadHatta
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/08/14 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
blueturf wrote:
MadHatta wrote:

Any update on this hat - I would love to see how different customs turn out.

Yeah sorry I was getting a little impatient. Couple days after I posted that^^ Tim called me up and straightened some things out and it was on it's way

It's awesome. I love my city and the baseball history that goes along with this hat made it worth the wait.
blueturf
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/08/14 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! That turned out great. I would buy that hat if EFF released it.
Page 4 of 8   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: