Flag ship stretchingView previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck_Righteous

Post Posted: 02/19/12 10:51 pm    Post subject: Flag ship stretching Reply with quote
Ive seen the machines at the flagship store. Has anyone had their cap stretched a whole size bigger? How much does it cost and how was the outcome?
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/19/12 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe they'll do it for free, but I have never had it done before so I can't say.
vindini
Beginner

Post Posted: 02/20/12 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stretching normally costs $5 per hat unless you are purchasing an item but I believe all flagships are running a promo for free cap blocking(don't hold me to it). The stretch will normally work for 1 size ( i.e. 7 3/8 to 7 1/2). It does not always work for two sizes but there are some instances where it does.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/20/12 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vindini wrote:
Stretching normally costs $5 per hat unless you are purchasing an item but I believe all flagships are running a promo for free cap blocking(don't hold me to it). The stretch will normally work for 1 size ( i.e. 7 3/8 to 7 1/2). It does not always work for two sizes but there are some instances where it does.

Does it work on polyester caps?

Also, I have a cap that had some water shrinkage in the crown, will the blocking stretch the cap at all to reshape it?
vindini
Beginner

Post Posted: 02/20/12 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only hats that don't work are leather because of the extreme heat of the blocking system (450+ degrees). I've had hats that were 10 years old, crushed, shrunk from sweat, etc. and they have all been shaped back to the shape it was the day it was bought. It is the best way to get your hat back in shape. If I had to rank them I would say 1) Blocking Machine 2) Wooden block from New Era 3) re-cap system 4) Never wearing the hat ( Very Happy )
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/20/12 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vindini wrote:
The only hats that don't work are leather because of the extreme heat of the blocking system (450+ degrees). I've had hats that were 10 years old, crushed, shrunk from sweat, etc. and they have all been shaped back to the shape it was the day it was bought. It is the best way to get your hat back in shape. If I had to rank them I would say 1) Blocking Machine 2) Wooden block from New Era 3) re-cap system 4) Never wearing the hat ( Very Happy )

Will you guys fix up the caps if I mail them to you? I have several that I definitely want to get stretched and reshaped.
Kool Herc
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/20/12 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the info vindini, almost want to take a trip to NYC or Chicago just to get some hats stretched Laughing

oh and if the boss of bosses comes in tell them to open a store in Dallas already Evil or Very Mad Wink
lalakerspurpyellow
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/20/12 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
vindini wrote:

wooden block from new era?
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/20/12 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lalakerspurpyellow wrote:
vindini wrote:

wooden block from new era?

I think they sell real wood blocks which are the shape of the cap, I saw them at the flagship store in NYC back in January 2011.
vindini
Beginner

Post Posted: 02/20/12 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah I don't think you could send us the hats for stretching. My advice, if you have serious hat issues, is to call the New Era Flagships (ATL, CHI, BUF, LA) and see if they have the Wooden Cap Block. It is basically a hunk of wood set to a specific size. I know at our store in NyC we knly a 7 3/4 left If any of our other Flagships have it in your size I highly recommend it. If I'm not at the store I use the wooden block because it works the best at stretching the hat a little bigger than the size it says so it fits perfect. If I have a hat that doesn't fit on the cap block, like a small 7 3/8 that I used to wear I use the recap system first to loosen it up and then it will fit on the wooden block and that basically makes it a 7 1/2.
Chuck_Righteous

Post Posted: 02/20/12 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys, next time I hit up the flagship I will try it.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/21/12 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wooden block doesn't sound very permanent.
Patman
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/21/12 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to the Flagship Store in Berlin on 06.Mar. and will let you know about the stretching machines and results.
OldEra
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/10/12 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe the stretching service at New Era Flagship stores is now free. But per customer it's 2 hats that can be stretched (2 per day). So if you bring a bunch they won't do it.
Patman
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/10/12 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OldEra wrote:
I believe the stretching service at New Era Flagship stores is now free. But per customer it's 2 hats that can be stretched (2 per day). So if you bring a bunch they won't do it.

Couldn`t make it to the flagship store this time, because our headoffice created such a chaos with our booth at the trade show that we didn`t have a free minute.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: