What can the NHL do to become dominant in the USView previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsgod
Beginner

Post Posted: 12/15/07 11:05 pm    Post subject: What can the NHL do to become dominant in the US Reply with quote
What is up with the NHL in the US market? Why do their franchises struggle? Is it because of their not so loyal fan base?
sportsmind
Beginner

Post Posted: 12/22/07 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With an administration that only cares about making their pockets fat, it is of no surprise that many NHL franchise struggle. To be successful, they should of not introduced so many expansion teams into the mix (its like shooting a new born baby into a swimming pool. Whats the result of that) Harsh example but look whats going on with the Nashville predators, exactly that they are drowning. And they aren't the only ones. It's as simple as the basic laws of economics. SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!! Unfortunately the NHL in my opinion hasn't perfect their supply and demand of their product. With a quality product you attract a loyal clientele. The American consumer would rather drive 2 hours to a successful club then watch a local team fail year after year. Its a none fact. Just cause one city is successful doesn't mean you have to smother the market.
quickfox
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/04/08 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I've noticed as the NHL seems to expand everywhere is that there are a few at least northern cities that I would have thought would be large enough for NHL teams but have been overlooked. For example, Phoenix Arizona has an NHL team but Seattle Washington does not! Nashville Tennesee has an NHL team but Milwaukee Wisconsin does not! Miami Florida has an NHL team but Cleveland Ohio does not! You could also mention Salt Lake City, Cincinnatti, Indianapolis. Not that every northern city should have a team and I know the NHL is working to not seem like a northern only league and has been successful but still, omissions like Seattle and Cleveland kindof makes me wonder.
paramount
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/04/08 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI You forgot two even more deserving northern cities: Winnipeg and Quebec!!!!! Nashville was about to be bought to be moved, but a local group stepped in and bought the team. Carolina is doing very well and Tampa is in the top three in attendance in the league. Seattle does need a team, I agree. however, there is already a team in Ohio. Cleveland does not need a team, Columbus already has one. Not every city can ave a team. The NHL does not determine the location of teams either- teams move, and the NHL does not have power over where they move. It does decide where to grant expansion, but we don't need anymore of that anytime soon.
________
Return Of Premium Life Insurance Forum

Last edited by paramount on 02/24/11 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
MisanthropyPure
Beginner

Post Posted: 07/10/08 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The main reason the sport isn't very popular is because the average person watches hockey and doesn't know what's going on. They see guys chasing a puck, running into eachother, fighting, shooting, passing, and that's it. They don't see strategy, they don't see set plays. I hear so many people say they don't like hockey because there's no strategy. That couldn't be further from the truth. It just happens fast and if you don't know the game you don't see the strategy, unlike in football when there's always more than enough time for the announcer to tell you every single thing that happens in every single play.
mo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/19/08 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MisanthropyPure wrote:
The main reason the sport isn't very popular is because the average person watches hockey and doesn't know what's going on. They see guys chasing a puck, running into eachother, fighting, shooting, passing, and that's it. They don't see strategy, they don't see set plays. I hear so many people say they don't like hockey because there's no strategy. That couldn't be further from the truth. It just happens fast and if you don't know the game you don't see the strategy, unlike in football when there's always more than enough time for the announcer to tell you every single thing that happens in every single play.

makes sense, what do you think they can do to make more people aware?

I find the NFL is doing an amazing job gaining more dominance. Due to the fact they are testing the toronto market.
monk3y
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/20/08 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the NFL has it on LOCK DOWN
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> General Off Topic (New)

Jump to: