What's the deal with Ti$A?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rewind
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 10:28 am    Post subject: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
I just joined Solecollector recently and have been lurking around hypebeast, never been a member. Why're so many people into those things and knock on New Era? They seem pretty overpriced and ugly for crap that's so simple to me.
harp22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
Rewind wrote:
I just joined Solecollector recently and have been lurking around hypebeast, never been a member. Why're so many people into those things and knock on New Era? They seem pretty overpriced and ugly for crap that's so simple to me.

Is expensive for only have embroidered TI$A on the side Confused That sucks!
DBlock72
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/02/11 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They are really overpriced. The only thing I can think of that could sort of justify the high price is if they are actual vintage snapbacks from 10-20 years ago. Other than that, I don't get it.

Last edited by DBlock72 on 12/02/11 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
cburm
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
harp22 wrote:
Rewind wrote:

Is expensive for only have embroidered TI$A on the side Confused That sucks!

You can paint a turd gold, but it's still a piece of sh*t.

Last edited by cburm on 12/02/11 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DBlock72
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
cburm wrote:

You can paint a turd gold, but it's still a piece os sh*t.

Joogiee
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its a popular brand amongst the kids. I see tons of high school students wearing those. There really isnt even anything fancy about the caps to warrant the high price tag.
cburm
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
DBlock72 wrote:
cburm wrote:

Now stitch "TISA" in a goofy ass font on that turd, and then try to sell it for way more than its worth and your golden...literally.
Rewind
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the deal with Ti$A? Reply with quote
DBlock72 wrote:
cburm wrote:

Hahaha right on, it does look like worthless junk to me. I just don't get it, back in the day coppin' stuff meant you liked it. Now it's all about showing who's loaded or who's all about hype. I don't feel it at all, it's a shame that we got more sheep than shepherds nowadays.
B18c_tuner
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its crazy how these snap-backs are priced way over fitteds. Y would you pay more to downgrade? Hypebeast=fail!

B18: +1
sutocorp: -1 Surprised
Ducis36
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/02/11 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
From the little I do know they are actual vintage snapbacks... but even that does not warrant the insane price. Good for the guy whose brand it is ( i cant think of his name) but that is about it.
john_doe
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 12/04/11 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still don't get what this TISA is about...is this just a company re-branding vintage caps?

From their Facebook:

"brand TI$A..

Moving between realms, designer Taz Arnold touches on life with a distinct sense of elegance and sophistication to become the bearer of a new creative force within the world. The TI$A brand provides an unparalleled experience that has never been seen before, utilizing color with intelligence and great detail to form a unique and innovative approach to style. The brand effortlessly combines mediums of art, design and fashion creating a place where love, global harmony and oneness can be the new vogue."

That explains absolutely nothing.

John

Rewind
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
john_doe wrote:
Moving between realms, designer Taz Arnold touches on life with a distinct sense of elegance and sophistication to become the bearer of a new creative force within the world. The TI$A brand provides an unparalleled experience that has never been seen before, utilizing color with intelligence and great detail to form a unique and innovative approach to style. The brand effortlessly combines mediums of art, design and fashion creating a place where love, global harmony and oneness can be the new vogue."

What a load of hot air and crock haha, thanks for sharing John; that was funny. They sure think real highly of themselves.
Ducis36
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It explains Taz Arnold though which is still not much to go off of. The guy is quite a character to say the least.
iMKnownAsRNGD
Beginner

Post Posted: 12/04/11 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most of them are "vintage" reproductions, such a waste of money but a good way to hustle teens that want to be the freshest at their school.
Joogiee
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 12/04/11 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blown away by this. They charge $100.00 for a cap that just says "WEED" on it. Its plain black and has nothing else on it and its still SOLD OUT. People will buy anything with a brand name these days.

http://shop.tisavision.tv/product/ti-a-weed-cap
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: