Whos the best b-ball player in the nba right now in 2008?View previous topic :: View next topic  
quickfox
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/03/08 7:57 pm    Post subject: Whos the best b-ball player in the nba right now in 2008? Reply with quote
Whos the best b-ball player in the nba right now in 2008?

My opinion is for All around player, all things considered, I say LeBron. Close Seconds are Nash, Kobe, TD. What you guys think?
jrock
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/03/08 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow thats a tough question. Right now, Id say LeBron barely (and i do mean BARELY) over Kobe. His mere prescence draws the double and triple teams. Hes very explosive. He has range. But what separates him is his ability to get that triple double every time he plays. Kobe is in a CLOSE CLOSE second.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA

Last edited by jrock on 02/25/11 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
seth

Post Posted: 01/03/08 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is this even a question?

kobe no doubt, followed by A.I... Man no one is at kobe's level!!!!! Not even MJ in his prime!!!!!
kdog
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/04/08 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im sorry I dont give a crap about individualism........ THE PISTONS are on an 11 game winning streak... And by the way the celtics record as of right now is 28-3........ Forget about the best player, Its a team sport people, TEAM!!!
thegraduate
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/06/08 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love Steve Nash cause he's one of the very few successful canadians in the league.I hate to say this but Kobe Bryant is one of the best in the league.. All time Michael Jordan!
NASH
Rookie

Post Posted: 01/06/08 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to agree with you "graduate." I agree with you that steve nash is a really good player. his passes remind me of jason's kid's passes. he is really fast and he knows to how make plays on the court...right now though, it has to be kobe bryant. he may be a cocky, selfish person but the way he plays is just amazing. his ability to dominate around the court and make impressive moves makes him a really good player. he can do anything and everything jordan ever did. he makes the most points in the NBA right now and he's on his way to becoming a legend. he did score 81 in a game, and then last year he scored atleats 50 points 5 games straight....but the greatest player of all time has to be michael jordan...he invented so many moves around the court and it was just the way he played that amazed everybody...jordan is the only jordan, and not evevn kobe can replace him
Easy E
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/06/08 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league right now... I truly believe Kobe is the most difficult player to guard. The man possess a wide arsenal of shots. Without taking a dribble the man can hurt you with long range bombs from 30 feet...thats insane. Just because he's got that shot working you have to step up on him and he's superb at driving to the hole strong so there's another part of the game that you have to look out for...if you try to play him too close he'll just zip by you. If you contest his dribble, he'll just pull up and knock down a mid range jumper...dude's got that in his bag too. He's got a very good post up game too and he'll hurt you with an array of spin moves and fadeaways. This guy is the complete package...he can drive strong and finish with his left and right hand equally well, without taking a dribble he can drill jumpshots with guys on his grill about 30 feet from the basket and he can take a driblle or two insde the 3 point line and pull up for jumpers.... HE IS THE HARDEST GUY TO GUARD IN THE LEAGUE He demands a triple team 25-30 feet from the basket...dude is that good and explosive. His scoring streaks are amazing to watch.. Also: He is a beast on the defensive end...did you see him shut down Leandro Barbosa, the leading scorer of the FIBA tournament last night??? He didn't earn like 7 ALL-NBA defensive team selections for nothing you know... For me the greatest player of all time would be Bill Russell...he won 8 straight championships in the late 50s/early 60s when Wilt Chamberlain was ruling the league with his scoring performances
TheMisfit305

Post Posted: 01/04/09 7:54 pm    Post subject: LeBron James Reply with quote
Easy E wrote:
Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league right now... I truly believe Kobe is the most difficult player to guard. The man possess a wide arsenal of shots. Without taking a dribble the man can hurt you with long range bombs from 30 feet...thats insane. Just because he's got that shot working you have to step up on him and he's superb at driving to the hole strong so there's another part of the game that you have to look out for...if you try to play him too close he'll just zip by you. If you contest his dribble, he'll just pull up and knock down a mid range jumper...dude's got that in his bag too. He's got a very good post up game too and he'll hurt you with an array of spin moves and fadeaways. This guy is the complete package...he can drive strong and finish with his left and right hand equally well, without taking a dribble he can drill jumpshots with guys on his grill about 30 feet from the basket and he can take a driblle or two insde the 3 point line and pull up for jumpers.... HE IS THE HARDEST GUY TO GUARD IN THE LEAGUE He demands a triple team 25-30 feet from the basket...dude is that good and explosive. His scoring streaks are amazing to watch.. Also: He is a beast on the defensive end...did you see him shut down Leandro Barbosa, the leading scorer of the FIBA tournament last night??? He didn't earn like 7 ALL-NBA defensive team selections for nothing you know... For me the greatest player of all time would be Bill Russell...he won 8 straight championships in the late 50s/early 60s when Wilt Chamberlain was ruling the league with his scoring performances
Well Lebron James is to me the best NBA player because if you look at his body and height, his 6`9 or 6`8 and his body weight is about 250 or 260. But he moves like a small point guard but is built like a power forward. If you try to guard him with someone his height he'll shoot over him with his mid range shot or his 3 point shot.. And if you put a shorter defender he'll just run past him. James drives into the paint and everyone bounces off him. James is just to good and too strong. James can play 1 thru 4 easily. Kobe isn't that good to play a 3 or a 4 good as how James does it. Plus James is still young his only been in the leauge since 03. And straight out of highschool St. Vincent St Marys.
Easy E
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/08/09 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
fair enough! both of em' are next level athletes. Cavs have a realy great shot this year at winning!

Cavs vs. Lakers finals
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> General Off Topic (New)

Jump to: