Worst Fake's you ever seen...View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 05/14/16 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
funny this is some nasty fake
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALTIMORE-ORIOLES-All-black-NEW-ERA-FITTED-Cool-Base-HAT-MLB-BASEBALL-/272242314875?var=&hash=item3f62e80e7b:m:mhv71x6ZcWgKxvrdF-b3Zdg
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1419

Post Posted: 05/14/16 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
funny this is some nasty fake
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALTIMORE-ORIOLES-All-black-NEW-ERA-FITTED-Cool-Base-HAT-MLB-BASEBALL-/272242314875?var=&hash=item3f62e80e7b:m:mhv71x6ZcWgKxvrdF-b3Zdg


Haha, nice! Looks like it is made out of shark skin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 08/24/16 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfi
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 914

Post Posted: 08/24/16 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz


That one looks OK to me. What is the telltale sign?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 08/24/16 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz


That one looks OK to me. What is the telltale sign?

r u serious? or you're pulling my leg
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfi
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 914

Post Posted: 08/24/16 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz


That one looks OK to me. What is the telltale sign?

r u serious? or you're pulling my leg


No, I'm serious. It doesn't look as outlandish as the other fakes I have seen. Sorry if I am missing something obvious... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 08/24/16 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz


That one looks OK to me. What is the telltale sign?

r u serious? or you're pulling my leg


No, I'm serious. It doesn't look as outlandish as the other fakes I have seen. Sorry if I am missing something obvious... Very Happy

Oversized logo, no silver trim. Pale orange fabric, no face batterman
here's both logos so you can see them side by side


_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seawolf
Legend/Addict


Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 1932
Location: Nu Yawk

Post Posted: 08/24/16 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:
Another Gem, first time I've seen a fake Marlins
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Reyes-Autographed-Miami-Marlins-Fitted-Hat-Cap-Free-Shipping-/142096751441?hash=item2115a05b51:g:xsUAAOSw9NdXvhrz


That one looks OK to me. What is the telltale sign?

r u serious? or you're pulling my leg


No, I'm serious. It doesn't look as outlandish as the other fakes I have seen. Sorry if I am missing something obvious... Very Happy

Oversized logo, no silver trim. Pale orange fabric, no face batterman
here's both logos so you can see them side by side

the thing that stood out for me was the tail of the marlin going behind the M
_________________
My Stuff - https://www.flickr.com/photos/138833604@N04/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfi
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 914

Post Posted: 08/25/16 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, guys. I totally missed the lack of silver trim! I assumed the color difference was due to lighting being used...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 09/08/16 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
another fake gem
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-New-Era-Black-San-Francisco-Giants-Authentic-59FIFTY-Fitted-Hat-/182264885415?hash=item2a6fd570a7:g:3hEAAOSwRoxXnkP6
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 12/19/16 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
can anyone confimr if this is fake, To me it is fake but I haven't seen a fake with a chromaflex patch usually fakes have a regular patch instead.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MLB-Chicago-Cubs-59Fifty-Fitted-Hat-Sz-7-1-4-World-Series-Patch-Xmas-Deliver-/272490276448?hash=item3f71afa660%3Ag%3AWl8AAOSwJ7RYVtiS&nma=true&si=fILOSbcz4dxqn4LFyWlOzFzZx1M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict


Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Posts: 3125
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post Posted: 12/21/16 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
can anyone confimr if this is fake, To me it is fake but I haven't seen a fake with a chromaflex patch usually fakes have a regular patch instead.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MLB-Chicago-Cubs-59Fifty-Fitted-Hat-Sz-7-1-4-World-Series-Patch-Xmas-Deliver-/272490276448?hash=item3f71afa660%3Ag%3AWl8AAOSwJ7RYVtiS&nma=true&si=fILOSbcz4dxqn4LFyWlOzFzZx1M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's real, just Chinese. But China vs. Fake is really no difference.
_________________
Visit my blog @ http://neweramlb.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 08/05/17 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh god
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-METS-HAT-MLB-Authentic-New-Era-59FIFTY-7-3-8-Fitted-On-Field-Cap-/182699475173?hash=item2a89bcc0e5:g:O4sAAOSwsXFZM2Qu
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict


Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 2084
Location: NE Ohio

Post Posted: 08/05/17 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
oh god
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-METS-HAT-MLB-Authentic-New-Era-59FIFTY-7-3-8-Fitted-On-Field-Cap-/182699475173?hash=item2a89bcc0e5:g:O4sAAOSwsXFZM2Qu


That is brutal
_________________
IG: erie_warrior19
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142626324@N08/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LEROY712
Legend/Addict


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 1395
Location: PHX via LA

Post Posted: 08/05/17 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
By far one of the worst fakes I've seen...

https://www.lids.com/arizona-diamondbacks-new-era-mlb-retro-classic-59fifty-cap/20942483
_________________
My collection.... https://www.flickr.com/photos/adamleroy/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 14 of 16   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum