SIGNS OF A FAKE NEW ERA FITTEDView previous topic :: View next topic  
Doolox
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/28/09 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
g12528 wrote:
does anyone know if myfitteds or drjays or fitted gear sell fake hats??

Myfitteds.com is a premier store.. Only legitimate caps there..

Dr. Jays, never shopped there...
lu
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/28/09 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
both are legit
Obertor

Post Posted: 09/12/09 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, you guys better check your facts on the fake hats...

http://www.neweracaptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=855&highlight=hatland+sells+fakes

The 59at50 sticker doesn't make a hat a fake. That sticker was to commemorate 59 Fifty's 50 year anniversary or something.

Not new era's anniversary, but the 59 Fifty anniversary.
lu
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/15/09 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
really??

sucks for all the ebay sellers with old ass stock with those stickers hehehe
Ge0rge

Post Posted: 09/20/09 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My two new era caps dont have the logo imprinted into the metal cirlce inside the hat, but i know theyre real because i bought them from new era, so i dont think all new era hats have them imprinted.
empire_376

Post Posted: 09/27/09 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://picasaweb.google.com/henglicap

http://picasaweb.google.com/aaa185trade

I plan on buying these and I would like to if they are indeed real authentic 59fifty New era hats.
rorodabluman
Beginner

Post Posted: 10/03/09 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ge0rge wrote:
My two new era caps dont have the logo imprinted into the metal cirlce inside the hat, but i know theyre real because i bought them from new era, so i dont think all new era hats have them imprinted.

Only the newest verision of the 'on field official' hat have the logo imprinted. Any other model of New Era doesnt.
*MonsterOf*DC
Beginner

Post Posted: 10/13/09 9:09 pm    Post subject: Man, I screwed up. Reply with quote
Okay, I was at a Local festival the other day and I went to one of the vendors, he had these awesome FOX new era hats. I bought one, I haggled him to give it to me for $7, pretty good deal, right? No. I later found out it was fake.

I now know what to look for and how to find out if it's the real deal. But this thing is SO fake, I don'[t even know how I didn't notice it. It's nice looking though. But still, I'll probably end up giving it to one of my friends. I'll try to upload a pic later on.

- Big Ben
Miregoji
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/13/09 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My friend got me a yankee hat from HK and naturally i assumed it was fake cuz ya....it's from HK no offense but ya it was very poorly made. The back MLB logo was oversized. On the inside, it doesnt the stitchings are over all the place and it doesnt even have that little tag that says the size/material made/where it's made.
-capcrazy-
Rookie

Post Posted: 12/14/09 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: SIGNS OF A FAKE NEW ERA FITTED Reply with quote
troop wrote:
This is a pic of a fake NEW ERA

it's actually not fake ...it's the fifty year anniversary edition sticker . look it up
-capcrazy-
Rookie

Post Posted: 12/14/09 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ge0rge wrote:

only on-fields have that
HatGuy
Rookie

Post Posted: 12/20/09 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I wanna waste 10 or 12 bucks to show you guys the stupidest fake ever, you'll laugh at the back MLB guy logo.. uber crap.
Zidail
Rookie

Post Posted: 03/02/10 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here we go! Proof that the 59Fifty At 50 stickers are real!

http://neweracaptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16597#16597

well... should you choose to believe it or not since it is in a foreign language Wink
sovabrat

Post Posted: 08/18/10 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Doolox"][quote="g12528"]does anyone know if myfitteds or drjays or fitted gear sell fake hats??[/quote]

Myfitteds.com is a premier store.. Only legitimate caps there..

Dr. Jays, never shopped there...[/quote]

I registered for this forum just to address the topic of fake new era hats. I found a sweet hat that I just had to have. I did so much research online to try and figure out if this store was legit or not. I have purchased an authentic Blackhawks new era hat here in Chicago so I have a comparison.

The "legit" hat I got from myfitteds.com is so fake its unreal. I have reached out to customer service by email and phone and have not received a single response back. The quality of the stitching on my hat is so poor, the new era stitched tags dont even have the TM logo on the corner... its so small that you cant even read it. Any real product would have the trademark logo displayed. Same goes for the logo on the front which is a picture of Brutus the Buckeye. The R on the bottom corner, or should I say where the Registered logo should be is so small it isnt legible.

The button on the top of the hat came off when I tossed it onto my dresser.. I could go on forever.

My Point is that myfitteds is not a 100% legit seller of New Era Hats. Myfitteds is nothing more than a mom and pop shop in NY that sells online.

Here is the hat I am talking about btw.
[url]http://www.myfitteds.com/ohstbubrbune.html[/url]
eclectic
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/18/10 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what you just said pretty much points to new era's crappy quality control. not all hats have the TM on the inside NE tag, some have TM and some just have the R (newer ones have the R). new era doesnt have to display any trademarks on the outside that arent their own. they just try to reproduce the logos they are given with their machines and sometimes it us just too small. with the button falling off it really does sound like you got a lemon, a really bad one. doesnt change the fact that myfitteds should have contacted you though,

looking at the buckeye logo they used, i dont see how the TM could possibly be visible with stitching unless they blew up the logo to take up the whole cap.

can you post some pictures? maybe you're right but from what you described it sounds like the crappy quality control over at new era, nothing new. also remember that you purchased a custom cap, that isnt part of any authentic line.
Page 3 of 5   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: