SIGNS OF A FAKE NEW ERA FITTEDView previous topic :: View next topic  
Capstyle
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/20/08 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks great
Capstyle
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/20/08 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i donīt know if these caps are legit, i bought them on ebay, some weeks ago an they are a lil bit strange!
look at the sticker

the material is strange too, what do you think?
tre

Post Posted: 04/20/08 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the first one is forsure fake... Im not sure about the others
Fresco
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/19/08 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Capstyle wrote:
i donīt know if these caps are legit, i bought them on ebay, some weeks ago an they are a lil bit strange!
look at the sticker

the material is strange too, what do you think?

Braves fitted not legit, the astros I have to say looks legit
and Im torn on the last one
Capstyle
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/19/08 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i guess the all are fake Crying or Very sad
cahp1979

Post Posted: 03/23/09 12:54 am    Post subject: Just Curious !!! Reply with quote
I hate NY caps but one good day i found one, it happened too many years ago guys ,when fake stuff wasn't really easy to find im talking about 11 years ago or maybe more anyway i still keeping that piece of crap i don't know why ...
Now reading your posts i felt really curious to know if that Sh1t is legit or not, the cap now looks quite old and the inside tags infolike size almost dissapears actually it says Diamond Authentic iand if you guys remember MLB caps used to be Diamond, what does not make sense is that it says 80% Acrylic and 20% Wool it supposed to be 100% wool isn't it?

Tomorrow ill post some pics and i hope guys can tell me your opinions about it, i don't even care if it is legit or fake but maybe we are talking about an old relic NE piece.

Cheers! Very Happy
GB

Post Posted: 03/23/09 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
post when u get a chance
Doolox
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/23/09 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Just Curious !!! Reply with quote
cahp1979 wrote:
I hate NY caps but one good day i found one, it happened too many years ago guys ,when fake stuff wasn't really easy to find im talking about 11 years ago or maybe more anyway i still keeping that piece of crap i don't know why ...
Now reading your posts i felt really curious to know if that Sh1t is legit or not, the cap now looks quite old and the inside tags infolike size almost dissapears actually it says Diamond Authentic iand if you guys remember MLB caps used to be Diamond, what does not make sense is that it says 80% Acrylic and 20% Wool it supposed to be 100% wool isn't it?

Tomorrow ill post some pics and i hope guys can tell me your opinions about it, i don't even care if it is legit or fake but maybe we are talking about an old relic NE piece.

Cheers! Very Happy

I think there may be some bogus custom retailers in the Toronto Area, Cahp..I have become suspicious of some caps I have now as well that I bought @ a weekend market. Although I am not sure how some retailers got their hands on these potentially 'fake' Jays customs. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow if I get a chance..
cahp1979

Post Posted: 03/23/09 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Curious !!! Reply with quote
cahp1979 wrote:

Cheers! Very Happy

Here they are guys remember it has 11 or more years of age.

/ / / / /

So? What you think?
Doolox
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/24/09 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48379503047

CAP #1 - This pic came from the above Facebook group advertising the selling of these caps.

CAP #2

I think Cap #1 is a fake.. These caps are sold in flea markets and by stores that don't appear to have a New Era license in the Toronto area. I have one of these in a different colorway and the Cooperstown patch inside has a logo that's a little different that the ones I have inside caps from Ecap, Myfitteds.com, etc.. I'm certain these caps are bogus! Any other opinions?
hehsy5sy5
Rookie

Post Posted: 04/10/09 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i dont think the stickers can be used much to judge if fake or not i went to lids and champs, and they sell legit caps there but the stickers are sometimes placed awkwardly to the right or left, and some scratched off or messed up, and there are some that are wavy or half way put on and stuff...duno what the people in management do there. some dont have stickers either cuz ppl steal em. same with the hologram sh*t on the bottom
Doolox
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/23/09 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48379503047#/group.php?gid=48379503047

More fake looking Toronto New Era caps.. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Evil or Very Mad

They can't even get the color schemes right..
613mike
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/23/09 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
man, some of the stitching on those, ouchhhhhh.
Zrules
Rookie

Post Posted: 06/18/09 12:04 am    Post subject: I really don't know Reply with quote
I guess it is person fulfillment if you got authentic hat, but it really shouldn't matter that much because it is just a hat and people wear it to look nice. But if the fake part is really noticeable, then I guess get a new one in lids or champs.
g12528
Beginner

Post Posted: 07/28/09 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone know if myfitteds or drjays or fitted gear sell fake hats??
Page 2 of 5   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: