Just when you thought Lids couldn't get any worseView previous topic :: View next topic  
ocandstiggs

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:19 pm    Post subject: Just when you thought Lids couldn't get any worse Reply with quote
I just went to my Lids bookmark and it defaulted to a new home page that says "Welcome to the new look of Lids." Based on the layout and functionality of the website (or lack thereof), it appears that Lids has been bought by Fanatics. Has anyone heard that this was happening? Again, I am basing this solely on the layout and functioning of the website but I can't imagine any other explanation.
ocandstiggs

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know how I missed this in December.

https://www.retailtouchpoints.com/features/news-briefs/genesco-sells-lids-for-100-million-fanatics-takes-minority-stake-in-buyer
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. I can't even sort searches properly. What a mess.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This must've just happened in the last hour or so. I'm not even seeing new eras pop up. Just a bunch of apparel and crap.
ocandstiggs

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it definitely happened in the past hour or two because I checked the website this morning. I found a long time ago the best way to get to the newest caps was to click 'men' and 'fitteds' and then sort by 'latest.' Now I can't even get to the latest caps that were shown this morning. Ugh...I LOATHE Fanatics...their biggest scam is their "sales" in which the discount code excludes 95% of the items on the site.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i went to the milb section as i was just checking out the new layout and it looks like those new custom mesh bp milb hats are not there. is lids now out of the custom hats game?

this is interesting for sure.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I knew about the sale but there wasn't really.any indication that this would be happening.

Reading some articles, it looks like fanatics wanted to be the e-commerce hub for lids. But again, I never saw that they really wanted to just make it a fanatics based website. Big surprise

The last few 20-25% off codes said it excluded on fields but I was able to add the code. And with shoprunner, I was looking at $56 shipped for two on fields.

Assortment, pricing, and variety is crap on fanatics though. For all gear and apparrel. Such a terrible website to search for items.
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This site is terrible! I don't know if I can even use my access pass.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks like the free shipping over a certain amount spent is gone now.

sad day
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In other slightly related news, just shop at 'fanatics'. Free shipping and %off deals once in awhile. Sometimes mlbshop will have its own codes too

Right now, Macy's has 30% off fan gear. They are/were supplied by lids, so take advantage. Tons of caps for $10.50. Throw in a Ebates cashback for 3-6% more.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i cant even log into lids to redeem my loyalty points lol
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't use your access pass,points are gone etc. They said since they got bought out you have to create a new account, everything from lids is gone. Kinda bs. I'm on the phone with them now .
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do mlbshop and fanatics use the same username and account? I can log into fanatics but not use that at lids. It seems the same umbrella should have the same account bases.

What a sneaky mess. I had $10-$20 reward credit that went missing about a month back. I should've known something was up.

And social media is still posting stuff as if it's everry thing is normal.

Or it's a ghost town. Really bizarre stuff.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm on my 4th call with them now. They are now 2 separate things,I've been told points and accounts are gone...then someone said no you still have them. Then was told I would get a gift card for my troubles,then they hung up on me. I've talked to about 20 people so far . No one knows what's happening. No one really cares to be honest. To me it's the principal of it....just tell me my points and membership are going away,I mean I paid for it...at least offer me something ya know?
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally got a hold of someone that could explain. Accounts should be ok,they are just working on getting everything going. Should be back to normal soon. Hevsaue they have had 100s of calls about it today. In the social media world we live in today....all they had to do was put out a tweet,Facebook post or even a wuphf! Letting people know...or hell,even an old fashioned email. I just don't get it.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> General Off Topic (New)

Jump to: