Does complaining ever do any good?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/21/16 2:26 pm    Post subject: Does complaining ever do any good? Reply with quote
Hi gang,

I've made numerous posts - both in this thread and others lately - complaining about QC issues. In the end I've got to say this is borderline affecting my ability to enjoy these caps (that I did so much as a kid) at all anymore. Some of you are adamant that MUSA caps are of better quality. While I would admit to agreeing with that notion on the whole, in truth I have found plenty of QC issues on all New Era caps lately. Again recently I went to two different Lids stores in my local mall - and was surprised at the frequency of things like crooked logos and visors, inconsistent sizing, obviously cheap poly,...the list goes on.

My question at this point stops short of actually trying to solve these problems to ask - does anyone have any positive experience being a squeaky wheel with New Era? Sometimes writing excessive letters of complaint gets you something. But I have no idea in this case and wouldn't really be interested in wasting my time. New Era obviously has the market on the products they supply cornered pretty well at this point. Not sure they would waste their time on a peon like me, but you never know.

Just curious if anyone has any experience in complaining directly to them on quality.

Thanks,
-John
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/21/16 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I snail mailed a letter to multiple people and addresses back in maybe 2012ish complaining about the poor quality of Chinese caps and got nothing back, which stunned me. Most companies would at least send a "thanks for your note" even if they don't say anything of substance.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/21/16 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
I snail mailed a letter to multiple people and addresses back in maybe 2012ish complaining about the poor quality of Chinese caps and got nothing back, which stunned me. Most companies would at least send a "thanks for your note" even if they don't say anything of substance.

Worth a shot. I've got my letter printed, right now only with the CEO's name on it. I've noticed a lot of their other executives names are all over LinkedIn, however.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/21/16 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's no way that NE can't already know that they're putting out a lot of garbage. All that would work to change that is people refusing to buy said garbage.

I'm a believer in contacting companies in order to provide feedback but NE is way beyond the point where that kind of thing can make a difference. It'd be like writing Budweiser to let them know all the reasons their beer is awful. They know, they just don't care. Many companies take no pride in their products today and NE is clearly one of them.
caplover83

Post Posted: 11/22/16 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
There's no way that NE can't already know that they're putting out a lot of garbage. All that would work to change that is people refusing to buy said garbage.

I agree with this. They probably have an acceptable level of "errors" i.e.: crap and are ok with it as it's not affecting their profit.

Just my two cents.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/22/16 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NE's quality control has always been terrible. I still can't believe how many crooked bills I have over the years. That applies for both US and Chino made hats.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Quality Review

Jump to: