Diamond Collection hats (dead stock) that didnít pass QC???View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnieb
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/28/17 9:25 am    Post subject: Diamond Collection hats (dead stock) that didnít pass QC??? Reply with quote
Fitted family,

Thereís a seller who advertises through IG (everything_vintage) who sells what appear to be authentic diamond collection dead stock that have tags cut. I am assuming the tags are cut due to not making past Derbyís or Alabama (now closed) factory quality control. So I took a chance and bought one from him and the one I got was legit (compared against other models from same year). It only needed some minor tag surgery to replace cut tag. Wondering (Guru), or anyone else who might be in the know, what happens to hats when they didnít pass QC, if anything at all.
Ronnieb
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/06/18 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Diamond Collection hats (dead stock) that didnít pass QC Reply with quote
Ronnieb wrote:
Fitted family,

Thereís a seller who advertises through IG (everything_vintage) who sells what appear to be authentic diamond collection dead stock that have tags cut. I am assuming the tags are cut due to not making past Derbyís or Alabama (now closed) factory quality control. So I took a chance and bought one from him and the one I got was legit (compared against other models from same year). It only needed some minor tag surgery to replace cut tag. Wondering (Guru), or anyone else who might be in the know, what happens to hats when they didnít pass QC, if anything at all.

Any of our senior members/experts have ideas on how people come across these Ďrejectsí or DC wool caps that didnít pass QC, but this guy seems to find in bulk??? Just trying to ensure Iím not being scammed.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/06/18 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Youíre not being scammed. Heís 100% legit. Some of the hats are indeed seconds while other are perfectly fine. His source is very very legit. He lives in Buffalo if you catch my drift.
Ronnieb
Gold Member

Post Posted: 01/06/18 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="LEROY712"]Youíre not being scammed. Heís 100% legit. Some of the hats are indeed seconds while other are perfectly fine. His source is very very legit. He lives in Buffalo if you catch my drift.[/quote

😂 didnít catch that he lived in Buffalo during our interactions. Definitely understand as to how he comes across them now, although years and years of dead stock??? Wow, fair enough just great knowing heís legit. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Quality Review

Jump to: