Lids.com has the MLB retro classicsView previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/11/17 4:13 pm    Post subject: Lids.com has the MLB retro classics Reply with quote
https://www.lids.com/new-era/style_mlb-retro-classic-59fifty-cap

these caps look so nice!
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/11/17 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Except the ones that are wrong.
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/11/17 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

So many New Era hype beasts blindly going all in on these...we should keep track of all the errors that have been made this far.

Angels "Disney" cap is the wrong navy. Should be lighter not "Yankee".
Dodgers royal is incorrect. They seemed to have used Blue Jays royal and not Dodgers royal.
Padres navy is incorrect should be light navy like...well...the Padres. Plus missing white squatchee.
Indians never had a red squatchee on the roads...and WTH is up with the outline?
Rangers...really??? How could you mess the size of the "T" up?? Same logo they use now...

Not sure if this is a New Era problem or a Lids problem, but someone isn't doing their job right (something tells me it's whoever the buyer for Lids is). A great idea that's been kicked around for a long long long time that is finally getting used and incorrectly so. Luckily the rest of the caps are correct....in this batch.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/11/17 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

So many New Era hype beasts blindly going all in on these...we should keep track of all the errors that have been made this far.

Dodgers royal is incorrect. They seemed to have used Blue Jays royal and not Dodgers royal.
Padres navy is incorrect should be light navy like...well...the Padres. Plus missing white squatchee.
Indians never had a red squatchee on the roads...and WTH is up with the outline?
Rangers...really??? How could you mess the size of the "T" up?? Same logo they use now...

Not sure if this is a New Era problem or a Lids problem, but someone isn't doing their job right (something tells me it's whoever the buyer for Lids is). A great idea that's been kicked around for a long long long time that is finally getting used and incorrectly so. Luckily the rest of the caps are correct....in this batch.

Angels uses the wrong button too.

Dodgers, Rangers & Padres look like they are using the kids hat logos.

If you are going to chest thump on accuracy it probably helps to be you know...accurate.
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/11/17 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone try Pepsi Fire yet?

Hat Guru wrote:
LEROY712 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

If you are going to chest thump on accuracy it probably helps to be you know...accurate.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/11/17 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No Red Sox cap in this line?
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/11/17 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:

Hat Guru wrote:
LEROY712 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

Tastes like some of these look.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/11/17 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Phils cap Lids just listed (7 1/4 only as of now) is reminding me how angry I was about over-shrinking my nearly mint '07 poly version. Love that colorway.

https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-phillies-new-era-mlb-retro-classic-59fifty-cap/20942532
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/12/17 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:

Hat Guru wrote:
LEROY712 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:

I tried the Slurpee at 7-11
djtdawg

Post Posted: 07/12/17 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:

It tastes like somebody spiked a Pepsi with Fireball.

Not a fan.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/12/17 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:

Lids didn't put them all up at once. And there are definitely others from a linked photo in another thread that still aren't up; don't think the Red Sox were among those however.

Still, if they thought that Phils alt would sell maybe they'll put out one of the Red Sox alts from the late nineties as well.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/12/17 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
soxkrazy wrote:

Lids didn't put them all up at once. And there are definitely others from a linked photo in another thread that still aren't up; don't think the Red Sox were among those however.

Still, if they thought that Phils alt would sell maybe they'll put out one of the Red Sox alts from the late nineties as well.

Hope you're right, Guy. I'd probably buy 3 or 4 of the white crown alt. if that happened.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/12/17 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
soxkrazy wrote:

Hope you're right, Guy. I'd probably buy 3 or 4 of the white crown alt. if that happened.

I want one of those. I stupidly let my original go years ago.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/13/17 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm waiting for my red visor Cubs road cap...
Ronnieb
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/13/17 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:
I'm waiting for my red visor Cubs road cap...

Me too. I'm wondering about sizes/true fit since they're musaWIM.....ordered Yankees cap since I've never purchased a wool one of those.
Page 1 of 29   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: