Re-Cap / Nu Cap ?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacobson

Post Posted: 07/03/17 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re-Cap / Nu Cap ? Reply with quote
I've been trying to find a New Era Re-Cap Kit or Nu Cap online anywhere but haven't found one. Anyone got any pointers? I have a few caps I'd like to restore. Thanks!
Ronnieb

Post Posted: 07/04/17 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-Cap / Nu Cap ? Reply with quote
jacobson wrote:
I've been trying to find a New Era Re-Cap Kit or Nu Cap online anywhere but haven't found one. Anyone got any pointers? I have a few caps I'd like to restore. Thanks!

Everyone says eBay and amazon but I've been looking for months with no luck.
Ronnieb

Post Posted: 07/04/17 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Re-Cap / Nu Cap ? Reply with quote
Ronnieb wrote:
jacobson wrote:

Everyone says eBay and amazon but I've been looking for months with no luck.

Oh and don't waste your time asking at Lids....I've been to several and not a one knew what I was talking about.
Big Cappi
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/04/17 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Save yourself some money and get a medium vinyl ball at Wal-Mart. You can deflate and inflate just like the Recap does using a cheap bicycle tire pump. I use it. I think the ball is under 3 bucks.
to stiffen the buckram just buy a little extra hold hair spray. I use the Suave extra hold and it works just fine. (Don't spray the whole hat or it will all be stiff just the buckram)
Don't use the ball to full inflation because it will make your hat look round. Just enough to fit the hat and get wrinkles out of the buckram.
a Recap last time I remember cost about 40 or 50 bucks.
ocandstiggs

Post Posted: 07/04/17 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jacobson and Ronnieb, I bought a Re-Cap last year from ECapsUnlimited.com and I've used it successfully and like it. ECapsUnlimited is sold out but I located a company that has them online called Jimmy Jazz:
http://www.jimmyjazz.com/mens/accessories/new-era-recap-cleaning-kit/10050035?gclid=CPuyycS48NQCFdgBgQodO-4OYg
They're on sale for $35. The inflatable mold is worth the price alone but you get cleaner, starch, and a brush. If you don't want to jury-rig something it's the way to go. Good luck!
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/04/17 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ocandstiggs wrote:
jacobson and Ronnieb, I bought a Re-Cap last year from ECapsUnlimited.com and I've used it successfully and like it. ECapsUnlimited is sold out but I located a company that has them online called Jimmy Jazz:
http://www.jimmyjazz.com/mens/accessories/new-era-recap-cleaning-kit/10050035?gclid=CPuyycS48NQCFdgBgQodO-4OYg
They're on sale for $35. The inflatable mold is worth the price alone but you get cleaner, starch, and a brush. If you don't want to jury-rig something it's the way to go. Good luck!

I, too, have been looking for Recap, and I tried Jimmy Jazz, but it is actually sold out. When you try to check out, it says it is no longer in stock.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/10/17 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I understand, some of these are still floating around Las Vegas. I'd send a PM to Fraser.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: