HatClub CustomsView previous topic :: View next topic  
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 06/19/17 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Just tried out a Hat Club I didn't know existed (at a Jersey mall across from Manhattan) and had a question for those used to buying from them out west: do they all tend to be high pressure? I had a guy hovering over me the whole time insisting on taking perfectly reachable caps down and telling me that I looked good in this or that cap. Didn't make me too interested in returning any time soon.

One thing that I found funny is that they have one of the new Snakes customs (black/teal) but theirs is a wool blend or something and clearly inferior. Has the pin and everything, the guy said they designed it at the store. Kind of curious that they'd put out two caps that are so similar to one another.

I used to work there, I know exactly what you're talking about. They kind of forced that upon us to be on every customer. I'll admit I did it most of the time because most people are idiots and screw up the size order of the hats.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/21/17 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Just tried out a Hat Club I didn't know existed (at a Jersey mall across from Manhattan) and had a question for those used to buying from them out west: do they all tend to be high pressure? I had a guy hovering over me the whole time insisting on taking perfectly reachable caps down and telling me that I looked good in this or that cap. Didn't make me too interested in returning any time soon.

One thing that I found funny is that they have one of the new Snakes customs (black/teal) but theirs is a wool blend or something and clearly inferior. Has the pin and everything, the guy said they designed it at the store. Kind of curious that they'd put out two caps that are so similar to one another.

I used to work there, I know exactly what you're talking about. They kind of forced that upon us to be on every customer. I'll admit I did it most of the time because most people are idiots and screw up the size order of the hats.

I hate it when salespeople are all over me. There are already a few stores that I avoid for just that reason.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/21/17 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:

Figures that it probably wasn't the guy's idea to be hassling me. Businesses probably have their research saying it pays off to be aggressive with customers but I absolutely hate it.

As for the size order, just yesterday I found myself trying to fix a shelf at Lids. Gave up because it was so messed up. lol And the Locker Room at this particular mall is even worse in that regard. Doesn't bother me too much since I'll be digging anyway.

lhg39 wrote:
I hate it when salespeople are all over me. There are already a few stores that I avoid for just that reason.

Yeah, it's a big no-no for me. I used to occasionally buy from Teavana for example but actively avoid the place now because they simply won't leave customers alone. They even put people at the entry of the store so there's no way to avoid them.

To be honest though, I don't even really like friendly salespeople trying to strike up a conversation while I'm browsing. I find small talk in those situations exhausting and breaking free is always awkward. lol
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/31/17 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Had to scroll a bit to find this thread...but with the Firebirds hats being posted, GURU, is this the start of the onslaught from HC that you hinted at? Should we expect that Jax Expos hat to be similar and soon? Will this performance poly release be similar to Retro classics (all MLB) or to Hometown Collection (MILB)?!?!?!? OR BOTH?

Well, if the Firebirds was just done for proximity reasons (Phoenix), then ignore all of the above.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/31/17 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
Had to scroll a bit to find this thread...but with the Firebirds hats being posted, GURU, is this the start of the onslaught from HC that you hinted at? Should we expect that Jax Expos hat to be similar and soon? Will this performance poly release be similar to Retro classics (all MLB) or to Hometown Collection (MILB)?!?!?!? OR BOTH?

Well, if the Firebirds was just done for proximity reasons (Phoenix), then ignore all of the above.

The band's just getting tuned up.

There will be both MLB & MiLB releases.

Releases will generally be HC style with tonal flags and trying to do the best on things like battermans and underbills.

Buckle in, it's going to be a fun ride.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 08/31/17 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Releases will generally be HC style with tonal flags and trying to do the best on things like battermans and underbills.

Hatguru

Do u know if theres any blue jays, devil rays and O's in this batch of hat club exclusives?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/31/17 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Hatguru

Do u know if theres any blue jays, devil rays and O's in this batch of hat club exclusives?

Juan Guzman era Jays MiLB affiliate hat will be coming, not 100% if it is this batch. Going to see some Jays customs and maybe a retro over the next few months.

Devil Rays you say? Well....

Nothing off the top of my head for the O's in terms of retros.
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 08/31/17 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shout out to Guru and Leroy on the heads up on these!

USA-made and "as good as good poly we can expect these days" Phoenix Firebirds at Hat Club.

Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 09/04/17 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Any Seattle Mariners news?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/04/17 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dinsmore16 wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
shane618 wrote:

Any Seattle Mariners news?

Well, HC has a Seattle location so...
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/05/17 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Phoenix Firebirds 2Tone HatClub Reproduction (USA Poly W/Imported Materials) by Brett Swartz, on Flickr
Was going to wait until next Friday to grab this one, but I saw it in person and caved...
Hard to pass up on decent Navy poly these days!
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/06/17 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guru, can you either deny or corroborate? Thank you!
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/06/17 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
Guru, can you either deny or corroborate? Thank you!

HC Twitter likes to go off on frolic of it's own.

There have been some Red Sox ideas kicked around more in the custom realm than TBTC though.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/08/17 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It has begun
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/08/17 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
It has begun

I think the majority of those are TBTC repeats, hence the non-tonal flags and black underbrims.

And I got the last 7 1/2 Phils burgundy right after midnight EST (I had been trying for four). They must have lasted like twelve hours tops. lol
Page 4 of 58   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: