Odd requestView previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 04/23/17 12:36 am    Post subject: Odd request Reply with quote
Would someone be willing to ask this seller for a photo of the tags under the sweatband of this Tigers cap so I can determine if it's made in the USA? He says he'll provide photos on request but after three attempts to get him to simply confirm whether the cap is MUSA by looking himself, I seem to have worn out my welcome with him as I got a blow off in my last response. This is even after I explained where to look and said I'd pay immediately. Don't really understand a seller who isn't committed to selling his item, but whatever. He seems to believe all 'standard' (his word) NE caps are made in China and refuses to entertain the possibility that this one might not be.

And feel free to bid if you want it too. At this point I'm just really curious to know whether I'm correct in believing this is MUSA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262948801424?_trksid=p2055119

Thanks for any help here, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tubby34
Platinum Member


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 568

Post Posted: 04/23/17 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat material and construction looks MUSsa to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 217

Post Posted: 04/23/17 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Odd request Reply with quote
I messaged him. I'll let you know if he replies.



Guy Gadbois wrote:
Would someone be willing to ask this seller for a photo of the tags under the sweatband of this Tigers cap so I can determine if it's made in the USA? He says he'll provide photos on request but after three attempts to get him to simply confirm whether the cap is MUSA by looking himself, I seem to have worn out my welcome with him as I got a blow off in my last response. This is even after I explained where to look and said I'd pay immediately. Don't really understand a seller who isn't committed to selling his item, but whatever. He seems to believe all 'standard' (his word) NE caps are made in China and refuses to entertain the possibility that this one might not be.

And feel free to bid if you want it too. At this point I'm just really curious to know whether I'm correct in believing this is MUSA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262948801424?_trksid=p2055119

Thanks for any help here, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sneakerhead42
Gold Member


Joined: 10 Jun 2014
Posts: 166

Post Posted: 04/23/17 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Odd request Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Would someone be willing to ask this seller for a photo of the tags under the sweatband of this Tigers cap so I can determine if it's made in the USA? He says he'll provide photos on request but after three attempts to get him to simply confirm whether the cap is MUSA by looking himself, I seem to have worn out my welcome with him as I got a blow off in my last response. This is even after I explained where to look and said I'd pay immediately. Don't really understand a seller who isn't committed to selling his item, but whatever. He seems to believe all 'standard' (his word) NE caps are made in China and refuses to entertain the possibility that this one might not be.

And feel free to bid if you want it too. At this point I'm just really curious to know whether I'm correct in believing this is MUSA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262948801424?_trksid=p2055119

Thanks for any help here, guys.



Made in USA for sure
_________________
@ATLFITTEDS ---> LSU & BLUE JAYS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 04/23/17 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Odd request Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
Hat material and construction looks MUSsa to me.

Sneakerhead42 wrote:
Made in USA for sure

I think so too but it's hard to pull the trigger when the seller is adamant that it's Chino. Again, I don't understand a seller who doesn't double check something when he's looking at a potentially guaranteed sale to a 100% buyer. Confused And the first auction already ended so I might as well wait for confirmation at this point.

m_y_t_h wrote:
I messaged him. I'll let you know if he replies.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It took two messages from me to get a response so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get back to you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 217

Post Posted: 04/24/17 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No reply yet...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 04/24/17 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
No reply yet...

What a great seller. lol

Thanks for the update, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dinsmore16
Junior Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2014
Posts: 146
Location: WSU

Post Posted: 04/25/17 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like that classic USA structure. Can't beat it
_________________
Follow me on Instagram @509fitted!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 217

Post Posted: 04/26/17 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, he replied! The bad news is that he says the hat is made in China. Sad


Guy Gadbois wrote:
m_y_t_h wrote:
No reply yet...

What a great seller. lol

Thanks for the update, man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict


Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 394
Location: CA-AZ

Post Posted: 04/26/17 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
m_y_t_h wrote:
Well, he replied! The bad news is that he says the hat is made in China. Sad


Guy Gadbois wrote:
m_y_t_h wrote:
No reply yet...

What a great seller. lol

Thanks for the update, man.

Did he show the tags? Many sellers are adamant that ALL caps are chinese made, others are adamant that ALL are usa made.
_________________
Follow me on IG: @Fittedguy16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dinsmore16
Junior Member


Joined: 11 Oct 2014
Posts: 146
Location: WSU

Post Posted: 04/26/17 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
m_y_t_h wrote:
Well, he replied! The bad news is that he says the hat is made in China. Sad


Guy Gadbois wrote:
m_y_t_h wrote:
No reply yet...

What a great seller. lol

Thanks for the update, man.

Did he show the tags? Many sellers are adamant that ALL caps are chinese made, others are adamant that ALL are usa made.


for real, I had someone say "my boyfriend says all hats are made in china". I was like really... your boyfriend must be the leading cap expert.
_________________
Follow me on Instagram @509fitted!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 217

Post Posted: 04/26/17 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
He did not show the tags.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m_y_t_h
Gold Member


Joined: 11 Sep 2016
Posts: 217

Post Posted: 04/26/17 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just asked him for a pic...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 04/26/17 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
Did he show the tags? Many sellers are adamant that ALL caps are chinese made, others are adamant that ALL are usa made.

I don't understand this at all. I explained to him that that's not true and specifically told him where to check so he could confirm. Why wouldn't you bother listening to a potential buyer? It's not like he's a huge seller with a ton of listings to keep track of.

m_y_t_h wrote:
Just asked him for a pic...

Thanks a lot, man. Even if I don't get it confirmed, I'm thinking about buying just so I can take a pic to show him that it's MUSA. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1419

Post Posted: 04/27/17 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Purchasing a hat out of spite... Could be a first for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum