World Baseball Classic 2017View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/14/17 6:21 pm    Post subject: World Baseball Classic 2017 Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm pretty stoked about the World Baseball Classic. I saw on Instagram, that the Korea team will be wearing the New Era Caps for the tournament. They also aren't wearing the ones listed on Lids. Their hats have a dark blue color, similar to the Cubs or Blue Jays' hat color.

Anyone know when they'll be releasing the official Korean caps?

PS it only took 3 tournament for Korea to finally wear New Era Caps. The small rewards for waiting.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/14/17 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i like the light blue one. the logo is fantastic. ima big fan of collecting the wbc caps. im not sure which ones on lids etc are the on field offical ones,im guessing its the ones with the rubber flag patch and not the sewn on flag patches. i kind of like the previous year caps better than the new ones. i think the dr with red crown and blue bill is no where near as nice as the ones they wore last time around...same with venezuela,they went with their flag colors rather than the maroon one they wore last time. it seems most other teams this time around went with a two tone look(china,australia,pr,etc)
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/25/17 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lids has the darker blue Korea caps up. They look to be DE as well.

Post Posted: 02/25/17 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the DR one is my favourite wish they stuck with the other colours
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/08/17 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone found a correct version of the USA WBC cap?
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/08/17 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:

Was wondering this myself
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/10/17 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any USA made versions of these caps? Specifically the USA one. Thanks.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/11/17 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
Are there any USA made versions of these caps? Specifically the USA one. Thanks.

Look to be all Chino made from what I gather.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/11/17 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Tubby34 wrote:

Was wondering this myself

They were wearing the lids version tonight vs Colombia
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 03/11/17 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:

Doubtful. I bought some of these from Lids clearance after the 2013 WBC (USA, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Chinese Tapei, Germany, Dominican Republic).

Only one arrived MUSA made -- DR.

This year, players even look like they're wearing China-made, at least to me. The crowns are pretty bubbled and the poly looks second tier.

It's too bad. Some of the logo designs are totally sharp. I particularly like Australia and Canada.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 03/11/17 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I know this isn't exactly what was asked re: MUSA, specifically Team USA, but I recently had the same question and emailed The US baseball shop - I was told only two US hate are MUSA guaranteed (neither a WBC cap), here's what I heard:

Thank you for reaching out! Our Navy Home Game Cap and our Military Camo Cap are both always made right here in the US.

https://usabaseballshop.com/collections/mens-59fifty/products/home-game-cap-59-fifty?variant=6949628292

https://usabaseballshop.com/collections/mens-59fifty/products/military-camo-59-fifty?variant=6949690692

Should you decide to purchase, please feel free to use the code USAGOLD at check out to receive free ground shipping.

Thank you for your support of Team USA!
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/12/17 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
So I know this isn't exactly what was asked re: MUSA, specifically Team USA, but I recently had the same question and emailed The US baseball shop - I was told only two US hate are MUSA guaranteed (neither a WBC cap), here's what I heard:

Thank you for reaching out! Our Navy Home Game Cap and our Military Camo Cap are both always made right here in the US.

https://usabaseballshop.com/collections/mens-59fifty/products/home-game-cap-59-fifty?variant=6949628292

https://usabaseballshop.com/collections/mens-59fifty/products/military-camo-59-fifty?variant=6949690692

Should you decide to purchase, please feel free to use the code USAGOLD at check out to receive free ground shipping.

Thank you for your support of Team USA!

The Camo billed one would be Derby too.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/13/17 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
It's too bad. Some of the logo designs are totally sharp. I particularly like Australia and Canada.

I love the Mexico colorway and find the logo inoffensive so that's the winner for me. I like the incorporation of the Southern Cross into the Australia cap as well.

I generally prefer the unis over the caps. I'd love it if the O's would bring back the sixties vests that Holland has essentially stolen. Bogaerts looks awesome in them with his high socks. I'd like to see what their set would look like with royal blue rather than black however. Japan's pinstripe uni looks great too, very timeless. I even like the black on black version; reminds me of the Bonds-era Giants alt.
OzYankee

Post Posted: 03/14/17 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hate to say it, being an Aussie, but Australia's is by far the worst looking hat. Green and yellow is also, in my opinion, a terrible colour combination.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/21/17 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a little follow up on USA made 2017 WBC caps, I ordered a team Japan 59fifty off of mlb shop and it came USA made. The weird thing about it is that the tag says it's 100% poly but it's most definitely not. The fabric is thicker than poly, it sort of reminds me of the USA made wool customs Hat Club was doing for awhile
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: