NFL 2016 SidelineView previous topic :: View next topic  
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/25/16 6:47 am    Post subject: NFL 2016 Sideline Reply with quote
Just noticed these on lids.

https://www.lids.com/indianapolis-colts-new-era-2016-official-nfl-sideline-59fifty-cap/20840319
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/25/16 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought they weren't doing 59fifty's anymore? Not bad, probably won't pick any up though.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/25/16 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Patriots Pro Shop has the 5950s pictured with LC stickers.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/25/16 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't like them. They aren't horrible, but not great either.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/25/16 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mixed feelings. On one hand I'm thrilled they're still 5950 but on the other hand, this makes me curse Reebok for creating a culture of cheesy sideline cap designs.
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/25/16 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Mixed feelings. On one hand I'm thrilled they're still 5950 but on the other hand, this makes me curse Reebok for creating a culture of cheesy sideline cap designs.

I came here to say they looked like a Reebok hat and you beat me to it. If they didn't have the oversized logo behind the normal logo I would be happy.
rhinogonzo08
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/26/16 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't get why the NFL felt like they had to make new sideline hats for every season. I know when they had about 5 hats coming out a season with Reebok, but I feel like there's a much simpler solution to their lack of sells: Playoff patches.

MLB as we all know, the other sport that New Era makes On-Field hats for, does a Postseason patch on top of a World Series patch now. Reebok, the NFL's old supplier, does Playoff patches for the NHL and then a brand new patch for the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's an easy money maker as many fans eat up anything that says Playoffs on it with their team. If it works for MLB and NHL, you know it would work for the NFL just as easily. Instead we're going to get crappy sideline hats all the time again...
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/26/16 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't understand the situation with the NFL hats at all. Everyone I know who is an NFL fan had their needs covered between the 5950's, 3930's, and knits. And all were considered official sideline wear. So why not keep the 5950's classy and allow the knits and 3930's to be the more "Reebok-esque" designs?

I know people will say the 5950's weren't selling, but I see them everywhere and I'd always see people drawn to them at all the retail stores I'd visit. Besides that, the MLB hats are wildly popular and they are the simple, clean design like they went with for the NFL 5950's. Seems like most people are fans of multiple sports and I can't see people who like baseball and football absolutely LOVING their St Louis Cardinals cap and despising the NFL 5950's.
Engine74
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/26/16 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far this is not a full on Reebok (draft, sideline, BCA, second season, SB/next years draft). New Era hasn't changed the basic sideline hat since it came out in 2012. And they haven't been wearing it too much on the sidelines the last two years with a month for BCA in October and then the StoS in November and last year with Chapionship gold hats. When is the New Era contract up for sideline hats? I have seen some Nike NFL hats on Nike's site last year and the are still there this year. No NFL shield on them. I am sure it all comes down to New Era and the NFL getting more money.
The NFL basic hats last longer I think since they are worn in cooler times. They are not sweat in as much as an MLB hat is over the summer so the take longer to look bad and people want to replace them as often as an MLB after two summers
D LOCK
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/28/16 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Engine74 wrote:
So far this is not a full on Reebok (draft, sideline, BCA, second season, SB/next years draft). New Era hasn't changed the basic sideline hat since it came out in 2012. And they haven't been wearing it too much on the sidelines the last two years with a month for BCA in October and then the StoS in November and last year with Chapionship gold hats. When is the New Era contract up for sideline hats? I have seen some Nike NFL hats on Nike's site last year and the are still there this year. No NFL shield on them. I am sure it all comes down to New Era and the NFL getting more money.
The NFL basic hats last longer I think since they are worn in cooler times. They are not sweat in as much as an MLB hat is over the summer so the take longer to look bad and people want to replace them as often as an MLB after two summers

New Era did do the SB/Draft hat this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a second season hat hit the market this year or next.
rhinogonzo08
Rookie

Post Posted: 12/01/16 12:50 am    Post subject: Playoff Patches? Reply with quote
Guru, you'd probably be the best person to answer this question. Do you know if they will be making any NFL caps with Playoff Patches on them this season? I know with New Era wanting to boost NFL sales, I could see this being a logical step they'd take.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/01/16 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Playoff Patches? Reply with quote
rhinogonzo08 wrote:
Guru, you'd probably be the best person to answer this question. Do you know if they will be making any NFL caps with Playoff Patches on them this season? I know with New Era wanting to boost NFL sales, I could see this being a logical step they'd take.

You might be on to something... Wink
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: