2017 MLB Spring TrainingView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/17 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
I like it. It looks like the Washington Senators caps from '63-'67.

http://www.mlbcollectors.com/WASenators2caps.php

I missed the two of the three 'lines' on the rear of the cap and figured they had botched the recreation. A top view would be helpful with this design. But you're right, now that I see what they were going for it's not bad. I still prefer their white logo with red outline myself as the red logo/white outline look is fairly common. Lose the 'lines' (do they have a more technical name?) and this looks very similar to the Cards navy road cap.

It's also my understanding that any special features like these 'lines' mean the cap is 100% done in China. This is just a DE that's always gonna be Chino anyway of course but it's a shame to think that it could never get a proper poly release.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/17 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Yet another poor Nats cap. All they need to do is bring back the solid navy and carbon copies of the old Stars and Stripes designs for special dates and they'd have a nice set. No idea why they're making things so difficult for themselves.

The Nats have all sorts of uniform problems. Like the team and stadium, their branding is just soooo generic.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/04/17 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Yet another poor Nats cap. All they need to do is bring back the solid navy and carbon copies of the old Stars and Stripes designs for special dates and they'd have a nice set. No idea why they're making things so difficult for themselves.

The Nats have all sorts of uniform problems. Like the team and stadium, their branding is just soooo generic.

Yeah , Nats park is weak.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/04/17 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't really fit with the rest of the set, like a lot of the Nats pieces, but I LOVE that new BP with the piping. That's beautiful.
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/04/17 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fiddy Sicks wrote:
It doesn't really fit with the rest of the set, like a lot of the Nats pieces, but I LOVE that new BP with the piping. That's beautiful.

I love it. That was one of my favorite Senators caps and it is a nice nod to them.
capsthetics

Post Posted: 02/05/17 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
does anyone know if the Spring Training designs are on the insides of the this years caps like last years?

Guru, any idea on this?
DGP2005
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/05/17 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are not designs on the inside this year. I grabbed a Cubs one a few days ago. On the plus side they removed 2 of the 3 inside tags, which is a definite upgrade since the outline of the tags can show through on the DE material. The authentic logo and size are printed onto the sweat band.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/05/17 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
capsthetics wrote:
does anyone know if the Spring Training designs are on the insides of the this years caps like last years?

Guru, any idea on this?

They are not. Normal inside. Well besides the tags which are heat pressed on.
capsthetics

Post Posted: 02/05/17 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DGP2005 wrote:
There are not designs on the inside this year. I grabbed a Cubs one a few days ago. On the plus side they removed 2 of the 3 inside tags, which is a definite upgrade since the outline of the tags can show through on the DE material. The authentic logo and size are printed onto the sweat band.

XclickX wrote:
They are not. Normal inside. Well besides the tags which are heat pressed on.

Thanks! That sucks as I was a fan of that. Added so much more to the cap last year. Separated it from the BP caps besides having the patch
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/05/17 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do little cool things your customers like when you can cheap out, iron a patch on and still sell them out? It's the NE way
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/06/17 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

youre already tired of seeing the logo around town? hahaha. im not a fan of it either,the most boring in mlb i think.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/06/17 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i noticed lids an some other places had last years de caps on clearance ...with that being said,it seems some of those are still in use(dodgers,pirates,jays). i was wondering,besides the nats,yankees,braves and m's anyone else getting new de bp caps this year? i take it the yanks,m's and braves will wear them sans st patch during the season?

ps that braves cap is fantastic.

Post Posted: 02/06/17 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
i noticed lids an some other places had last years de caps on clearance ...with that being said,it seems some of those are still in use(dodgers,pirates,jays). i was wondering,besides the nats,yankees,braves and m's anyone else getting new de bp caps this year? i take it the yanks,m's and braves will wear them sans st patch during the season?

Yankees, Mariners, Cubs, Braves, Rays, Indians, and Mets all got new designed caps this year.

Can read more here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/02/03/mlb-unveils-2017-spring-training-uniform-designs/
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/06/17 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
capsthetics wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Yankees, Mariners, Cubs, Braves, Rays, Indians, and Mets all got new designed caps this year.

Can read more here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/02/03/mlb-unveils-2017-spring-training-uniform-designs/

Thanks man. As a Mets fan I should know ha. I also follow sportslogos,I guess I missed that post.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/06/17 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nm. I realize now the clearance caps were due to the fact the new ones have the ne logo. Still learning over here,it's only my 2000 something post. Sorry guys.
Page 5 of 6   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: