Orange Caps - Marlins & AstrosView previous topic :: View next topic  
djgcue

Post Posted: 05/09/13 10:57 am    Post subject: Orange Caps - Marlins & Astros Reply with quote
Do the Marlins or Astros ever wear their orange caps. I think I've only seen the Marlins wear their orange caps once last year. I would like to get some on field pics of the caps.
'74 Twins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/09/13 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
To my knowledge the Marlins have not worn their orange caps...but the Astros seem to wear them for every Saturday home game. And they look great doing so!
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/09/13 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Orange Caps - Marlins & Astros Reply with quote
djgcue wrote:
Do the Marlins or Astros ever wear their orange caps. I think I've only seen the Marlins wear their orange caps once last year. I would like to get some on field pics of the caps.

Yes, both teams have worn them...
teael952

Post Posted: 05/10/13 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't speak for the Astros, but as a Marlins fan (woe is me), I know of only two occasions/series in which the Marlins wore their orange caps.

During Spring Training of 2012, they paired the orange hats with the black jerseys and white pants; personally speaking, it wasn't a very cohesive combination.

The orange hats did not see another appearance until the regular season; they wore them with their white jerseys, white pants, and orange socks for a single game on May 15th, 2012; IMO it actually worked pretty well.

To date, I don't believe (and PLEASE, anybody correct me if I am wrong) that the Fish have worn the orange hats with the red-orange jerseys or the gray away jerseys, spring training, regular season, or (obviously) otherwise.

As a sidenote, I don't believe that the Marlins have EVER worn their orange batting helmets. Even during the regular season game mentioned above, they wore their regular black batting helmets.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/10/13 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
teael952 wrote:
I can't speak for the Astros, but as a Marlins fan (woe is me), I know of only two occasions/series in which the Marlins wore their orange caps.

During Spring Training of 2012, they paired the orange hats with the black jerseys and white pants; personally speaking, it wasn't a very cohesive combination.

The orange hats did not see another appearance until the regular season; they wore them with their white jerseys, white pants, and orange socks for a single game on May 15th, 2012; IMO it actually worked pretty well.

To date, I don't believe (and PLEASE, anybody correct me if I am wrong) that the Fish have worn the orange hats with the red-orange jerseys or the gray away jerseys, spring training, regular season, or (obviously) otherwise.

As a sidenote, I don't believe that the Marlins have EVER worn their orange batting helmets. Even during the regular season game mentioned above, they wore their regular black batting helmets.

They wore the helmets in one of the Exhibition games with the Yankees.

The Marlins at least last season had their daily unis selected by the front office and when players came to the park there was a mannequin dressed in the uni the players were to wear for that game.

It's really a shame about the orange hats and helmets...and the Marlins in general...
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/10/13 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The really bad thing about the Marlins' orange caps is that you *knew* as soon as they were unveiled that the team would wear them like once and they would never be seen again. I was worried the same thing would happen with the Orioles' panel caps, but luckily I was wrong Very Happy
teael952

Post Posted: 05/10/13 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
teael952 wrote:

They wore the helmets in one of the Exhibition games with the Yankees.

The Marlins at least last season had their daily unis selected by the front office and when players came to the park there was a mannequin dressed in the uni the players were to wear for that game.

It's really a shame about the orange hats and helmets...and the Marlins in general...

Ah! You are correct! My mistake. And yeah, it's not an easy team to follow....
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/11/13 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Serves Loria right for dissing the teal.

Astros are wearing their orange caps as we speak vs. Rangers...
djgcue

Post Posted: 05/13/13 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Serves Loria right for dissing the teal.

Astros are wearing their orange caps as we speak vs. Rangers...

Yup, watched the game after 74 Twins said the Astros wear it on Sat home games. I like the combo for the Astros.
Thanks everyone!
'74 Twins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/17/13 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really like the Marlins orange cap & their new design in general...I have been wanting to buy one of their orange caps for a while, but my brain interferes and says "Don't give Loria any money or credit for this." Loria apparently had a major hand in the new design. I say, the only good thing he's done.

So, I bought an orange 'Stros cap instead. When paired with the orange undershirt and high navy-blue socks...it's a magic look.
'74 Twins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/17/13 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a pic...

EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/17/13 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
'74 Twins wrote:
Here's a pic...

The navy socks look great with the orange cap. Magic indeed...
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/21/16 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found this thread while googling the orange Astros cap. Just received mine from eBay and I love it. I went back to see it in action on MLB.tv and it looks great on the field. Can't believe the Astros stopped using them. These should be their home primaries coupled with the shooting star jersey.

Keuchel wears the orange well (I might need to track down a bright blue star version; looks good in this shot):

CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/21/16 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Love that Miami look with the oranage hat and socks. That should be a staple.
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/21/16 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well at least the Astros kept their Orange crown with their new Alt (Blue Brim)
The Marlins only used 4 times their orange alt from 2012-2015. Samsom said on radio that their Orange cap was their best seller back in 2012, and it's still very popular in the stadium. I hope the Marlins would bring it back
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: