Lids turn ahead the clock hatsView previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/15/18 5:51 pm    Post subject: Lids turn ahead the clock hats Reply with quote
LOL, any see these on Lids markies instagram account?

https://www.instagram.com/lidz_markie/?hl=en
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's the deal with the Rays hat? Is that something they just made up?
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/15/18 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
What's the deal with the Rays hat? Is that something they just made up?

yeah that hat looks like most garbage Lids puts out!
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/15/18 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This whole freakin' line is a joke- itís be great if some of these people he slurps w free s called him out. Culture over club, we do research.

I got news for you Markie Doziel, you appropriate culture about as properly as Malibuís most wanted. Iíve seen kindergarten students use wikipidia and turn out more research projects.

Take your mariners crap and cram it. Take your bobo ass dodgers cap and cram it too. The dodgers never would rock that much red, even in a what if. The angels are next door for fucks sake.

Your entire line this year have been based on a concept a competitor championed and got right, and anyone who questions you block. Those who slurp you get a gift basket like Derek jeters whores.

You didnít research the mariners, you copied and pasted. You didnít research any of these.

I canít wait until you turn the Mercury Mets into the prince symbol and champion how you got it done, in the correct colors and all (mind you itíll be black and white).

Gtfoh.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So they're like 4 months behind HC and now two releases behind them with that maroon ball crap logo (of which HC fixed the second time) .

Congratulations Lids. Lol
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The best is he says MLB wouldnít approve the Rays TATC so his solution was to invent one? LOL

The other funny part is gonna be when theyíre selling a truly accurate on field poly since the Mariners are doing a 20th anniversary of TATC and wearing them his year.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
This whole freakin' line is a joke- itís be great if some of these people he slurps w free s called him out. Culture over club, we do research.

I got news for you Markie Doziel, you appropriate culture about as properly as Malibuís most wanted. Iíve seen kindergarten students use wikipidia and turn out more research projects.

Take your mariners crap and cram it. Take your bobo ass dodgers cap and cram it too. The dodgers never would rock that much red, even in a what if. The angels are next door for fucks sake.

Your entire line this year have been based on a concept a competitor championed and got right, and anyone who questions you block. Those who slurp you get a gift basket like Derek jeters whores.

You didnít research the mariners, you copied and pasted. You didnít research any of these.

I canít wait until you turn the Mercury Mets into the prince symbol and champion how you got it done, in the correct colors and all (mind you itíll be black and white).

Gtfoh.

All of this.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
The best is he says MLB wouldnít approve the Rays TATC so his solution was to invent one? LOL

The other funny part is gonna be when theyíre selling a truly accurate on field poly since the Mariners are doing a 20th anniversary of TATC and wearing them his year.

Or the accurate one from Hat Club last Dec...

As for the Rays, as much as I enjoy bashing the clownshow that is Lids and Trent, he is likely correct in NE/MLB approvals shutting it down.

Certain hats they insist on being "True to OG Specs" if you want to do it. On the Rays the TATC had the flipped bill and I believe black under and NE/MLB would have wanted it to have the normal bill and grey under making it the retro on field not the TATC.

Navigating the approval process can be strange, confusing and highly frustrating.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/15/18 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just mean thereís a good possibility Lids will be selling their wrong ďclassicĒ version next to an accurate version.

And I believe him about the approval I just love that from there they decided to make some dumb custom and still try to brand it in whatís supposed to be an authentic line.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/16/18 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
I just mean thereís a good possibility Lids will be selling their wrong ďclassicĒ version next to an accurate version.

And I believe him about the approval I just love that from there they decided to make some dumb custom and still try to brand it in whatís supposed to be an authentic line.

Expect more of those customs as he already posted an awful Dodgers one and he is doing all the teams that didnít have a TATC.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/16/18 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know what line I thought had a good chance at success? The alternate collection from lids. If they can't get close to TATC, Why not switch up some colors for an alternate reality. But still grounded in time. Dodgers will never wear a script on their game caps.

Or go what many other teams did and just have a shiny silver bill on a regular on field cap ie phillies/Indians etc. I know the dodgers '99 alternate basically did that and lids tried to make a retro classic. Seems like a 'what if tatc' cap isn't needed for some teams. They should all have a purpose. A shiny silver bill on a TB rays on field wouldn't look half bad.

I see that HC did a Rockies TATC back in '13. A silver bill and overlapping brim collection would be 100 times better than giving someone free reign to make these travesty of designs.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/16/18 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope they do a TATC Indians with the correct Wahoo.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/16/18 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lids decided to make a TATC what if for teams that did not participate originally. Could have been a cool idea but Lids is putting it out so expect utter crap. I really love how this Fitted Markie guy tries to toot his own horn claiming that he is making Fitteds Great Again blah blah blah. He puts out stuff while on paper are sometimes good ideas but follows them up with piss poor execution. He fucked up the damm near whole Retro Collection.
How many were actually correct? Between his piss poor research and New Era gonna New Era this caused the whole release to be hot garbage.
IA_MN_Fan
Gold Member

Post Posted: 02/17/18 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the original Twins BP caps have a red bill?
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/17/18 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

Expect more of those customs as he already posted an awful Dodgers one and he is doing all the teams that didnít have a TATC.

Serious question.

What is his job title and description. Just discussed this w a manager and he says Lids just buys from NE and NE designs em all. Figured Iíd save my breath but Iíd love to know the correct answer.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: