2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadm

Post Posted: 09/04/17 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I much prefer this way. So easy to get rid of that NE flag

soxkrazy wrote:
NE gonna NE! 9/11 caps for 2017 have US flag on the left and NE flag on right. So much for any hope of consistency!
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/05/17 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dang, I was just about to post about this, haha. Maybe New Era heard our complaints and made one small good step? Push the New Era logo to the right side of the cap. I like it!
el_gmac
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/05/17 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
all you guys are naive thinking New Era will move their logo for a patch, pretty sure the 9-11 US flag patch will be the only exception.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/10/17 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could be very much alone on this, but the Postseason patches are awesome this year. By far the best since MLB and NE decided we needed Postseason on-field caps. Wonder what this means for the World Series?

http://www.mlbshop.com/Washington_Nationals_Gear/Mens_Washington_Nationals_New_Era_Red_2017_Postseason_Side_Patch_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/10/17 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
all you guys are naive thinking New Era will move their logo for a patch, pretty sure the 9-11 US flag patch will be the only exception.

With this being the only on-field with the flag on the wearer's right hand side, is it fair to think that all these US flag hats are made in the US? Curious on others' thoughts...
ay
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/11/17 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:

With this being the only on-field with the flag on the wearer's right hand side, is it fair to think that all these US flag hats are made in the US? Curious on others' thoughts...

No, they say "imported" on mlb shop
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/11/17 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ay wrote:
jfi wrote:
el_gmac wrote:

No, they say "imported" on mlb shop

Utterly meaningless.
donkeydrop

Post Posted: 09/12/17 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
I could be very much alone on this, but the Postseason patches are awesome this year. By far the best since MLB and NE decided we needed Postseason on-field caps. Wonder what this means for the World Series?

http://www.mlbshop.com/Washington_Nationals_Gear/Mens_Washington_Nationals_New_Era_Red_2017_Postseason_Side_Patch_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

I really like this year's patch too! Definitely want to pick up at least one cap!
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/12/17 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
donkeydrop wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:

I really like this year's patch too! Definitely want to pick up at least one cap!

I like this patch too, but starting last year - I had THE WORST time trying to find any postseason hats MUSA. This goes for both Os and Nats hats. This was the first time I'd really encountered this, as in 2012 and 2014, all stock I found of each were MUSA for the playoff patch hats. However, last year I ordered Orioles from both Lids and MLB Shop and what came were some of the worst hats I've ever gotten. For the Os it was so bad, that the hat itself wasn't even correct. The front panel on the home hat lacked the black stitching, which always makes it look like an awful chinese custom. The brim on the road hat looked like something Jesper Parnevik wore in the late 90s.

As for the Nats, I didn't order any, but they've been incredibly hard to find ACs MUSA for the last couple of years, let alone playoff patch hats. So lat year I went through all the stock in the Stadium and all was Chinese. Maybe other folks have had better luck, but I wouldn't get hopes up for MUSA on these, even with a great patch.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 09/12/17 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
donkeydrop wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:

I like this patch too, but starting last year - I had THE WORST time trying to find any postseason hats MUSA. This goes for both Os and Nats hats. This was the first time I'd really encountered this, as in 2012 and 2014, all stock I found of each were MUSA for the playoff patch hats. However, last year I ordered Orioles from both Lids and MLB Shop and what came were some of the worst hats I've ever gotten. For the Os it was so bad, that the hat itself wasn't even correct. The front panel on the home hat lacked the black stitching, which always makes it look like an awful chinese custom. The brim on the road hat looked like something Jesper Parnevik wore in the late 90s.

As for the Nats, I didn't order any, but they've been incredibly hard to find ACs MUSA for the last couple of years, let alone playoff patch hats. So lat year I went through all the stock in the Stadium and all was Chinese. Maybe other folks have had better luck, but I wouldn't get hopes up for MUSA on these, even with a great patch.

For what it's worth, last fall, I snagged an AC Indians World Series patched hat from Lids that was MUSA w/imported materials. Maybe it was an outlier, but it's a great hat.

Gotta say, though, the low-grade poly on the MUSA Players Weekend hats has me very pessimistic about the quality of the Postseason hats.

(Btw, that Jesper Parnevik reference is absolutely hilarious!)
Segal27
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/12/17 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
shane618 wrote:
donkeydrop wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:

For what it's worth, last fall, I snagged an AC Indians World Series patched hat from Lids that was MUSA w/imported materials. Maybe it was an outlier, but it's a great hat.

Gotta say, though, the low-grade poly on the MUSA Players Weekend hats has me very pessimistic about the quality of the Postseason hats.

(Btw, that Jesper Parnevik reference is absolutely hilarious!)

I'll add on to this as well, the past summer I worked at a sports apparel store so I had access to a very large back stock of playoff/world series Cubs hats. While most were made in China, a few were MUSA. I don't know about the other teams but I would suspect if there were some MUSA of the Cubs, there would be the others too.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/23/17 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know why the reds wore their st patricks day hat and uniform today??
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/23/17 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Anyone know why the reds wore their st patricks day hat and uniform today??

Per their promotional schedule it was Irish Heritage Day. Nats used to do something similar around this time of year for halfway to St Paddy's day or something. Doesn't make too much sense.
benpc21

Post Posted: 09/27/17 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know of a place to the 2017 (or even better, 2016 w/o flag) Red Sox Hanging Sox logo cap that's not made in China? Lids out on the west coast seems to be all China and I'm guessing that MLB shop is as well? Any insight would be great, thanks!
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/27/17 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
benpc21 wrote:
Anyone know of a place to the 2017 (or even better, 2016 w/o flag) Red Sox Hanging Sox logo cap that's not made in China? Lids out on the west coast seems to be all China and I'm guessing that MLB shop is as well? Any insight would be great, thanks!

I might have one- Pm me your size and I'll start digging.
Page 62 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: