New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
More Dbacks Rolling Eyes
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
More Dbacks Rolling Eyes

I don't really like a single one of their current caps besides the classic purple that they don't even bother selling for some reason. Hopefully they discontinue a few of their current abominations and bring out something decent. More copper and/or teal (not together) could help. I was surprised that I actually didn't mind their current uni set with the copper prototype design.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
More Dbacks Rolling Eyes

Hoping they get rid of the gradient and the regular sedona red cap. It would be cool if they add a two tone teal alt
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
CMPunk wrote:
More Dbacks Rolling Eyes

Hoping they get rid of the gradient and the regular sedona red cap. It would be cool if they add a two tone teal alt

No, maybe and no.

Teal = Chino.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Azfan wrote:
CMPunk wrote:
More Dbacks Rolling Eyes

No, maybe and no.

Teal = Chino.

Well i was thinking more along the lines of one of Hatclub's customs they did with the teal A and sedona red brim. Any insight on if they're still keeping the Throwback Thursdays promotion?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well...the hat will be those colours.

Not sure what is the plan on the Thursday promos, NE wasn't supplying those hats last year so the team used a mix of deadstock. Aside from last year's unveiling they normally make up their mind on the throwbacks in the spring.
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/16/16 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dinsmore16 wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:
what are the royals doing?

They posted on their Facebook a teaser video, looks like a non-World Series tweak to their Gold alternates. Including the Gold batterman!

I've heard it is the navy cap with white 'KC' outlined with gold piping. I have also heard the batterman being gold. The other option is a tweak of the last alternate they wore - a royal blue crown with that light blue/baby blue for the brim(this rumor is based on recent advertisements for the Royals kids club, which has them wearing those hats - I find it to be quite a stretch but worth mentioning regardless).

The D-Backs adding or tweaking a cap? Surprised this wasn't mentioned in the article describing the recent changes for 2017 to the uniform. Guessing teal is part of that since the uni's added more teal. Also maybe the sublimation being removed, since it has been from the uniforms. Actually, with the purple throwback removal it's probably just the addition of another throwback. With teal back perhaps we see the old black crown/teal brim return?

Padres I feel are going to bring back the navy away caps but instead of a sand 'SD' in a white outline, it will be navy with yellow outline. The other option is some tweak to the brown cap(perhaps removal of the panel and a change to the cap logo colors). It's too bad that the popularity of the ASG BPs had no sway on ownership opinion here(I guess the ASG gear and other specials like Memorial Day are co-designed by New Era and MLB, with the host team getting very little to zero say in the matter - with some exceptions) since adopting those would have been amazing(with a tweak to the cap that substitutes another color for the white panel).

I have zero ideas about the Rockies. Gutting a BP and adding an element from that to compliment the 'CR'? Changing the color of the 'CR'?

I've heard several mention the Angels bringing navy back in some capacity, but no real evidence of any kind to back up these claims. Also I've read that the Reds are tweaking something but it may be non-cap related and only jersey/pants.

Are the Brewers doing anything - I've heard they may tweak something(making the alternate the main cap)? Again, could be false or non-cap related.

Anyways, can't wait to see what actually comes out and compare them to my theories.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not quite on Royals and I assume you mean royal not navy.

I guess you could say Dbacks are tweaking and adding. No teal.

No on Padres, unless there are some late changes yet to be delivered to NE the "changes" will be very groan inducing. Padres gonna Padres.

Rockies will technically be replacing all 3 of their AC's.

Nothing yet on Angels or Brewers and you missed the Pirates.

Keep in mind this is the AC list, the ST list is a different one then you have the SE/TBTC one, the Holiday program ones and on and on....
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/16/16 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

No on Padres, unless there are some late changes yet to be delivered to NE the "changes" will be very groan inducing. Padres gonna Padres.

Keep in mind this is the AC list, the ST list is a different one then you have the SE/TBTC one, the Holiday program ones and on and on....

Oh I was aware it was the AC list. I figured TBTCs for D-Backs and Pirates since for the past several seasons they along with CSW have used for Sunday games uniforms from the past for a solid year(listed as part of the main uni lineup rather than throwbacks), which I don't count even though they are technically TBTCs.

Wow, Padres gonna Padres? Jesus...

Other than that, hoping for good stuff.
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:

Any way you can give us some info on who's changing for ST? Just a few teams (like Det, LAD) would be appreciated Very Happy
MinnyHatter
Beginner

Post Posted: 11/17/16 12:01 am    Post subject: rockies Reply with quote
Rockies AC's all changing to Diamond Era material like the Mets did with two of their AC caps? Just a guess
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/17/16 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Royals alts. I absolutely LOVE them. This one is so much better than their championship cap that had the totally unnecessary white outline around the KC. I love the unis, too. Personally, I would've swapped the colors on the numbers, but adding gold to their set is just what they needed to set themselves apart from the Dodgers a bit more.

Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/17/16 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MinnyHatter wrote:
Rockies AC's all changing to Diamond Era material like the Mets did with two of their AC caps? Just a guess

That would be awful. I wasn't happy about them getting rid of their old batting helmets either. I loved the subtle transition between black and purple depending on how you looked at them. They were the only prominent purple part of their unis too.

Fiddy Sicks wrote:
New Royals alts. I absolutely LOVE them. This one is so much better than their championship cap that had the totally unnecessary white outline around the KC. I love the unis, too. Personally, I would've swapped the colors on the numbers, but adding gold to their set is just what they needed to set themselves apart from the Dodgers a bit more.

Love those unis, especially the gold numbers. I think I might prefer the caps with a white outline around the logo but I'll wait until I see in a game to be sure.

Agreed about this being a good change to give them a unique identity from the Dodgers. Hard to get rid of the jersey you just won a WS in however. I wonder if these will ever become their primaries?
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/17/16 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At some point it starts to feel like the Padres ownership exists specifically to troll their fanbase.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 11/20/16 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
KC's new cap is on mlb shop.
Page 4 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: