Best way to bend my 59Fifty Blue Jays 2016 postseason capView previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueJaysFan4Ever
Beginner

Post Posted: 12/01/16 2:08 pm    Post subject: Best way to bend my 59Fifty Blue Jays 2016 postseason cap Reply with quote
For those who like to bend the brims of their 59Fifty caps what is the best way for me to bend the brim of my Blue Jays 2016 postseason cap? After I purchased it I bent it a little, however not sure if I should bend it some more and I don't want to over do it. I have seen some videos on YouTube of others doing that which might work, so does anyone else have any thoughts?
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 12/01/16 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This will sound silly but roll it up like a newspaper. Start on one side and roll it over. Do the same thing to the other side. It'll look extreme at first but it'll flatten back out some and voila! The perfect curve. It'll stay curved forever and you won't have to constantly keep bending it. I do all my caps this way, have since high school 20 years ago lol!
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/01/16 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
im not sure how much of a bend you want. but I like a little bend. one that pretty much bends the bill to the shape of my head, so that there's no "open holes", for lack of a better phrase, between the hat and the side of my head, where the brim ends and just in front of my ears.

anyway to get that I usually throw the hat in the dryer on delicate until its warm and then let it cool on my head. when its warm its really malleable. I find sometimes it cools and straightens a little so I just do it again.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/01/16 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My old technique (and one I still use on tighter caps): use a hair dryer on the buckram and sweatband, then put the cap on your head and lightly start bending the brim. Repeat a few time until the cap starts to become more pliable. After about 3 or so repeats, I put a strong rubber band around the brim and continue the process. I keep doing this off and on for a few days (all while wearing the cap complete with rubber band; don't forget to remove it when you go out in public Laughing) and eventually the crown stays well shaped and the brim keeps a decent curve. It's tedious but the upside is that it's very low risk if you're gentle with your hands. I've come to find it rather relaxing for some reason.

My new and much quicker technique: place the cap over a steaming pot and leave it there for several minutes. Once the brim is damp (but not soaked) and warm it becomes quite pliable. I use the same technique as above but it's basically a one and done. The steaming will shrink the cap slightly so don't do this on a tight cap.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 12/01/16 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bend the brims on my hat by dampening the brim with water and then placing it in The Perfect Curve. Path of least resistance for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/Charter-Perfect-Curve-Cap-Curver/dp/B000209Z0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480642302&sr=8-1&keywords=the+perfect+curve
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: