2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
its weird,its on the milb hats...doesnt bother me,its on nfl..doesnt bother me either...but on field mlb caps gets to me. it looks out of place, almost looks like a custom. theres really nothing i can say that hasnt already been said. its a shame.
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
its weird,its on the milb hats...doesnt bother me,its on nfl..doesnt bother me either...but on field mlb caps gets to me. it looks out of place, almost looks like a custom. theres really nothing i can say that hasnt already been said. its a shame.

I'm with you here. I love my MiLB collection and definitely don't mind the logo on those because I've grown up seeing it on the field like that. But this in the MLB is just going to be weird. I mean, I'll probably still buy a Tigers one if they make the playoffs and definitely next year, but not gonna be gun-ho on as many MLB hats anymore. It's gonna be more MiLB stuff for me here-on-out.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I'm with you here. I love my MiLB collection and definitely don't mind the logo on those because I've grown up seeing it on the field like that. But this in the MLB is just going to be weird. I mean, I'll probably still buy a Tigers one if they make the playoffs and definitely next year, but not gonna be gun-ho on as many MLB hats anymore. It's gonna be more MiLB stuff for me here-on-out.

It was weird when they went on the MiLB ones, people got over it. Same thing will happen here.
aznkid25

Post Posted: 09/19/16 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/09/19/confirmed-mlb-caps-will-fly-the-new-era-flag/
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I guess all the on fields without the flag will go on sale?
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:

I doubt it
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I doubt it

Yeah. There's probably quite a bit of stock to go through, and hopefully there's a chance to get a few current on-fields for cheap. After the 2006 season, I was able to snag some wool on-fields for $10-$15 on clearance before the switch over to poly.
Stevie
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/19/16 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
Betters22 wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

I doubt it

Yeah. There's probably quite a bit of stock to go through, and hopefully there's a chance to get a few current on-fields for cheap. After the 2006 season, I was able to snag some wool on-fields for $10-$15 on clearance before the switch over to poly.

The stock issue is a very interesting aspect to this. I wouldn't be surprised if they just continue to sell them through at full price. You go to Lids and they typically have a whole wall dedicated to just the home team's cap. They could also recall them back to the factory and get the flag stitched on....
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

It was weird when they went on the MiLB ones, people got over it. Same thing will happen here.

Guru, any word from behind the scenes on whether they will go back to mainly US made then or will it be hit-or-miss depending on where you make your purchase?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Guru, any word from behind the scenes on whether they will go back to mainly US made then or will it be hit-or-miss depending on where you make your purchase?

Same as it is now.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, this is awful. I guess my collecting days are coming to a close. It's probably just as well, I can wear a different hat everyday of the year anyway.

I guess I'll be saving a ton of $ a year. Its been fun, guys.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/19/16 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Players who wear one cap per season - I'm thinking Porcello for the Sox - would have to get the NE flag stitched on the left for the postseason!
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/19/16 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stocking up on Wahoos and Teal Dbacks Alts
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/19/16 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My recollection of early 2007 is that Lids didn't discount ANYthing. I wasn't really following it that closely then, maybe it changed later, but I do remember looking for something in poly only to be offered wool at full price.
djudemiller
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/20/16 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see what the big deal is if you're a collector. I have over 300 New Era's, some are wool, some poly, some original from the 80's, some current throwbacks, some fauxbacks. I've got grey underbill, green underbill and black undwerbill.

I don't see what the big deal is for a collector. These models have always been changing so this isn't new. And it's far from having a chic-fil-a logo on the side.

My only gripe is that it should be color coordinated. That cubs New Era logo should be red, the Mets would be orange. That would look better.
Page 4 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: