2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/16/16 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got blocked and removed from NE's FB. Didn't even say anything vulgar just don't want the logo and called them out for deleting comments.
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/16/16 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welp, I guess I'm going to load up on current on-fields now. Shame.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 09/16/16 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is so bush league! I heard the rumor, and I understand why to some extent, but c'mon man. We all know New Era is the official cap. They don't need the brand recognition, they're the most recognizable caps in the world! Quit this madness please, you're killing us!
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/16/16 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this mean no postseason DE caps? AL/NL logo on right, NE logo on left, patch on squatchee? 😜
gsk422

Post Posted: 09/16/16 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to keep coming back to this thread as a kind of "support group" fellas so I need y'all to keep the outrage coming because I don't know if I'll be able to resist if my Indians make a deep run into the postseason... Chief Wahoo World Series hat might break me lol
1986Astros

Post Posted: 09/17/16 5:32 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote
i have seam ripped so many New Era logos thanks to this site, my "end of the world" feeling isn't as debilitating...

I figure if there's a cap from now on that i really like, ill go ahead and buy it then
Remove the 'NE' from it as soon as i walk in the door to my home like before.

All in all though, of course it goes without saying this is a huge travesty... The only thing worse will be when they switch to DE's permanently
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/17/16 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
For on-field completists, myself included, ripping the NE flag out will now strip the cap of its "on-field" status. Ughhh! Also, I noticed the Angels wore their cap patches (50th anniversary) on the right side last night - practice for next year's NE flag positioning, no doubt.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/17/16 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
On fielder here, but I'll still gladly rip that logo out ASAP.
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/17/16 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
For on-field completists, myself included, ripping the NE flag out will now strip the cap of its "on-field" status. Ughhh! Also, I noticed the Angels wore their cap patches (50th anniversary) on the right side last night - practice for next year's NE flag positioning, no doubt.

I feel the same way. I only collect hats worn on-field. So removing the flag would make them customs since the players wore hats with flags. Sad day but I think we all have enough hats to last a few lifetimes.

My wife is super happy now !! Haha. Hopefully the tbtc hats will be without flags. Those are the best MLB releases every year anyway.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/17/16 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will be interesting if the hats issued to/worn by the Yankees next year have the New Era logo. They have avoided wearing the Majestic logo for many years now...
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/17/16 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
It will be interesting if the hats issued to/worn by the Yankees next year have the New Era logo. They have avoided wearing the Majestic logo for many years now...

This is where I was goin. The yanks always had a certain look to them. This is just insane. I'm totally an onfield collector. I hate it, but I mean I guess this is the way it is.
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/17/16 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kind of hoping this is just a postseason thing. Ps I'm with the Indians fan. If my Dodgers win the World Series, I'd be sure to get a hat...#sellout
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 09/17/16 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I actually prefer diamond era hats over the AC on fields. If you wear hats everyday not just for collector purposes the diamond era are much easier to clean and don't attract dust or lint. With AC polys I have to keep diligent with cleaning and storage all the time. For myself diamond eras are more comfortable and breathable probably because it's a thinner and lighter material used. If they could combine diamond era as with using the teams main high quality stitched logos not just alternate logos id buy those
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/18/16 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the DE's, too. Really hoping NE gets on it. They wouldn't pass up making a buck, right?
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 09/18/16 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd like DE's a lot more if they didn't always bunch up weirdly and make the sweatband really noticeable.
Page 3 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: