2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
1986Astros

Post Posted: 11/29/16 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll be the first one to admit I have a "perpetual burr in my saddle" over the NE stitched on the authentics. I always will.

What do a New Era camouflage "Hello Kitty" hat and an Authentic on-field Game Worn New York Yankees cap have in common? Now, that ridiculous logo on the side.

I will never get used to watching that during games. Crisp clean White Sox caps, Tigers caps, Red Sox caps. Classics. Now, ruined in my eyes.

All that being said, having multiple Indians WS patch caps from 1995 and 1997, I wanted to get one from this season. So I did. The removal process was just as simple as it's ever been, so i dont know what I was worried about in that regard. I'll buy a lot less hats now, but if some new authentic comes around that's meaningful to me in some way. No qualms in ripping it off ASAP. Is it """authentic""" anymore? To me, it doesn't matter, it looks the way it should.

Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/29/16 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1986Astros wrote:
I'll be the first one to admit I have a "perpetual burr in my saddle" over the NE stitched on the authentics. I always will.

What do a New Era camouflage "Hello Kitty" hat and an Authentic on-field Game Worn New York Yankees cap have in common? Now, that ridiculous logo on the side.

I will never get used to watching that during games. Crisp clean White Sox caps, Tigers caps, Red Sox caps. Classics. Now, ruined in my eyes.

All that being said, having multiple Indians WS patch caps from 1995 and 1997, I wanted to get one from this season. So I did. The removal process was just as simple as it's ever been, so i dont know what I was worried about in that regard. I'll buy a lot less hats now, but if some new authentic comes around that's meaningful to me in some way. No qualms in ripping it off ASAP. Is it """authentic""" anymore? To me, it doesn't matter, it looks the way it should.

Nice work!
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/30/16 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm with you on all that. Is that just a seam ripper? I'll have to invest soon.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/30/16 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:

Beware that for this year's WS caps, some have the sewn NE flag, and some are glued-on patches. The ones that the teams actually wore in the playoffs appeared to have the glued-on patches. Seam ripper will be useless for those...
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/30/16 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jchcollins wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

Beware that for this year's WS caps, some have the sewn NE flag, and some are glued-on patches. The ones that the teams actually wore in the playoffs appeared to have the glued-on patches. Seam ripper will be useless for those...

From my hat adventures of late the MUSAWFM has sewn on flag and chino has glued on patch. And nice work with that seem ripper, can't tell it was ever on there. How long did it take you to get the flag off?
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/30/16 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:

From my hat adventures of late the MUSAWFM has sewn on flag and chino has glued on patch.

Agreed, this was exactly my experience with two low profile caps that arrived in the same box. Both have issues - but the MUSAWFM cap is not surprisingly superior on the whole. Much better visor construction and poly.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 11/30/16 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jchcollins wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

yeah but they rip right off, so it's actually easier.
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/30/16 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

From my hat adventures of late the MUSAWFM has sewn on flag and chino has glued on patch. And nice work with that seem ripper, can't tell it was ever on there. How long did it take you to get the flag off?

Dunno if the Postseason Hats were different but my Nats Road PS had a glued
On flag and is made in USA
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/30/16 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
demondecko wrote:

Dunno if the Postseason Hats were different but my Nats Road PS had a glued
On flag and is made in USA

I think it's totally random based on what NE had in stock at the time. They probably started with the glued flags, and then ran out and started sewing on some of the old stock to get orders out the door.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/30/16 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Royal Laegotti wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

Not in my experience. I have 4 Indians WS and 1 Postseason, all US made with imported bs. Only one has the stitched on flag, the other 4 are glued on.
Royal Laegotti
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/30/16 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
Royal Laegotti wrote:
jchcollins wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

Not in my experience. I have 4 Indians WS and 1 Postseason, all US made with imported bs. Only one has the stitched on flag, the other 4 are glued on.

That would e ideal for anyone wanting USA made so they can tear it right off. I haven't been lucky enough to encounter that combo yet. Hopefully some of next years MUSA AC's will be glued on.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 12/01/16 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a nationals post season hat at lids just because, and I wound up getting the WS Cubs USA made and a WS Champs hat but wanted to complete the set, so I took the postseason patch and flag off the Nationals hat and ironed them to a spare cubbies hat I had. Voila! Complete set! P. S. Poly don't like heat so put a towel over the hat and patch before ironing or you'll melt the fabric. Found this out the hard way. 😢
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 12/01/16 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaughingIndian wrote:
Poly don't like heat so put a towel over the hat and patch before ironing or you'll melt the fabric. Found this out the hard way. 😢

Yeah me too. I made a small section of the bill on an older poly Cubs hat translucent because of an iron and steam too close.
Page 19 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: