2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
Segal27
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/23/16 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just at a store in Chicago to pick up the Cubs version of the World Series hat and in every size they were made in China. I would kill for a MUSA version of the cap.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/23/16 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Segal27 wrote:
I was just at a store in Chicago to pick up the Cubs version of the World Series hat and in every size they were made in China. I would kill for a MUSA version of the cap.

Buy a MUSA vanilla and a cheapo discount patch cap online, then do some surgery. You can get rid of the flag as well if you go that route.

Or see if Hat Club has any MUSA's once they're in stock.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/23/16 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They went on sale here as soon as the game was over. Literally within hours.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/23/16 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone see any made in USA dodger postseason caps?
Gadm

Post Posted: 10/23/16 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw this at New Era Store in Mexico, Indians light blue from last year with postseason patch. Abomination. This Store or any in Mexico has never had a USA made cap whatsoever and they have no shame on doing this.

Personally I have to buy my caps online or with help from members of this board, but reading you gays makes me think that this is the future of New Era around the world.
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/23/16 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gadm wrote:
Saw this at New Era Store in Mexico, Indians light blue from last year with postseason patch. Abomination. This Store or any in Mexico has never had a USA made cap whatsoever and they have no shame on doing this.

Personally I have to buy my caps online or with help from members of this board, but reading you gays makes me think that this is the future of New Era around the world.

I would have bought that because it's a mistake
Gadm

Post Posted: 10/23/16 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Betters22 wrote:

I would have bought that because it's a mistake

There were a few, they patch on everything they can. Last year they had light baby blue Royals with World Series patch
moongooseryan

Post Posted: 10/24/16 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Fudopi wrote:
i'm really tempted to order a cubs ws cap but i've seen so many complaints about the quality idk if i want to order one online.

Hat Club already has the Indians WS caps, I'm sure they'll have the Cubs soon as well. They're good about confirming whether they have MUSA before shipping so they might be worth a try.

I'll definitely check with Hat Club first to see if they have any mUSA's in stock in 7 1/4. If not, I'll chance one from Fanatics even though it says it's imported. Maybe I'd get lucky and it's be mUSA with imported mats.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/24/16 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Johnny Fedora wrote:
Is it confirmed (or at least probable) that the post season caps are a look ahead to opening day? The reason I ask is I just received my Orioles Postseason "Home" Low Crown 5950 and noticed a minor, but significant change to the front of the cap. Anybody know if this is a change to the Orioles Home cap for next year, or just a mistake on New Era's part?

I purchased the same low crown hat from lids and it fits pretty good.

The hat feels more comfortable than the chino high crowns.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/16 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Club now has the Cubs WS patch cap on the site.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/25/16 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Hat Club now has the Cubs WS patch cap on the site.

Emailed hat club and size 7 1/8 are all made in China!
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/16 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got my Nats Road Postseason today from Lids online. Surprised to find it was made in USA
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 10/25/16 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Picked up my Cubs WS hat today, made in USA! Got it from lids on my way home from work. They literally just came in 15 minutes before I got there. The salesman had them in the back, he said lids sent out an email saying they couldn't sell them until tomorrow but he knows me and he said it was stupid that lids expected their stores not to sell them until tomorrow. So he went around back and brought out the box and me and him went through them all which surprisingly the vast majority was USA made. We found 3 -7 3/8, only one was China which had the NE flag embroidered. The other 2 were USA and I bought the best one. The other had a crooked brim. I guess they're churning them out so fast NE is overlooking some QC.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/25/16 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaughingIndian wrote:
Picked up my Cubs WS hat today, made in USA! Got it from lids on my way home from work. They literally just came in 15 minutes before I got there. The salesman had them in the back, he said lids sent out an email saying they couldn't sell them until tomorrow but he knows me and he said it was stupid that lids expected their stores not to sell them until tomorrow. So he went around back and brought out the box and me and him went through them all which surprisingly the vast majority was USA made. We found 3 -7 3/8, only one was China which had the NE flag embroidered. The other 2 were USA and I bought the best one. The other had a crooked brim. I guess they're churning them out so fast NE is overlooking some QC.

did u see any 7 1/8 usa ones?
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/25/16 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
During Bryant's at bat in the first inning tonight they had the camera directly on Kluber's face but from the right side and on his cap you could see the outline from the postseason patch behind the World Series patch, which would lead me to believe he wanted to keep the same cap so he made them switch the patches.

Edit: I was able to snag a pic, you can see the outline a little bit.

Page 14 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: