2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/17/16 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Johnny Fedora wrote:
Chino, but I've seen and had other Chino Orioles Home caps with the black stitching. Seems odd that they would suddenly screw that up now. Shrug. God, I hate New Era...

John

hows the fit on this O's low crown?

I ordered 2 postseason high crown chino O's caps and they fit like crap.
Johnny Fedora
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/17/16 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Better than I hoped. I had to reshape the bill (I was going to anyway), but I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised with the fit. I've had other Chinos that were too tight, but this was perfect after two cycles in the oven and one wide mouth coffee cup.

Side note (literally) : the oven trick also allowed me to lose the otherwise permanent crease in the Postseason patch, so if there's anyone out there who wants to get rid of that crease the oven is the way to go. Wink

John
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/16 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In my experience, made in China home Orioles caps have the white stitching. Made in the USA has the black stitching. I have some USA made Cooperstown Collection home caps with clear stitching.
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/18/16 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a kid, I always loved hats. I don't know why, but I just did. Even before I fell in love with baseball. It was embarrassing as a kid to put on any regular sized cap because I had such a big head. They would never fit on me. I'm a 7 3/4 and I will always love New Era because they make caps in my size. I don't like the logo on the side either, but to me, I'll always be loyal to them.

Just my two cents.
Johnny Fedora
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/18/16 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Scott, is this a new development? For instance this is a Chino 5950 Low Crown that's about a year and a half old, and it sports the correct black stitching. Is it something China now purposely omits, or a bit or miss thing?

Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/16 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Johnny Fedora wrote:
Hey Scott, is this a new development? For instance this is a Chino 5950 Low Crown that's about a year and a half old, and it sports the correct black stitching. Is it something China now purposely omits, or a bit or miss thing?

I'm not sure when it started happening, but I don't think it was something as recent as a few months ago. I do see the black stitching on the home hats that are still primarily made in the USA with a few made in China sprinkled in. For example, if you track down an on-field home Orioles hat that is made in China, I'm guessing it would still have black stitching on it. Same with the low crown hats. I have a made in China home low crown, like the one in your picture. It also has black stitching.

Home hats that are solely or mostly made in China lack the black stitching. For example, my son has an infant home Orioles hat. It has white stitching. Made in China, where all the size 6 hats are made. The 2016 postseason hats mostly (all?) seem to have been made in China and lack the black stitching.

I could be way off, but those are my observations.

I have not seen any 2016 postseason Orioles hats in stores. I'm guessing they did not make it to retail - the team was eliminated too quickly. Based on the Nationals postseason hats I've seen, it does not really matter, because they would all be made in China anyway.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/18/16 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
Johnny Fedora wrote:

I'm not sure when it started happening, but I don't think it was something as recent as a few months ago. I do see the black stitching on the home hats that are still primarily made in the USA with a few made in China sprinkled in. For example, if you track down an on-field home Orioles hat that is made in China, I'm guessing it would still have black stitching on it. Same with the low crown hats. I have a made in China home low crown, like the one in your picture. It also has black stitching.

Home hats that are solely or mostly made in China lack the black stitching. For example, my son has an infant home Orioles hat. It has white stitching. Made in China, where all the size 6 hats are made. The 2016 postseason hats mostly (all?) seem to have been made in China and lack the black stitching.

I have not seen any 2016 postseason Orioles hats in stores. I'm guessing they did not make it to retail - the team was eliminated too quickly. Based on the Nationals postseason hats I've seen, it does not really matter, because they would all be made in China anyway.

I ordered the alternate O's logo postseason and the away orioles postseason regular crown hats from lids and they are both made in china. Scott, the nationals postseason hats, are they all made in china the ones u have seen? I ordered the away nationals postseason hat, I hope it is made in usa.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/18/16 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
Johnny Fedora wrote:

I ordered the alternate O's logo postseason and the away orioles postseason regular crown hats from lids and they are both made in china. Scott, the nationals postseason hats, are they all made in china the ones u have seen? I ordered the away nationals postseason hat, I hope it is made in usa.

I looked at about four dozen Nationals postseason hats - both home and away. 100% made in China, with giant, rock hard crowns to match.

If memory serves, some people on the forum did manage to find made in the USA postseason hats for some other teams. I'm thinking maybe Red Sox? If that's true, maybe they can chime in and say where they picked up their hat.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/18/16 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
Johnny Fedora wrote:

I looked at about four dozen Nationals postseason hats - both home and away. 100% made in China, with giant, rock hard crowns to match.

If memory serves, some people on the forum did manage to find made in the USA postseason hats for some other teams. I'm thinking maybe Red Sox? If that's true, maybe they can chime in and say where they picked up their hat.

It was me. At Lids in Downtown Boston, there were at least 50 postseason caps - multiples of each size and not one was MUSA. Fewer available next door in Cambridge, but none of them were MUSA. Lids in the Natick mall had 2/3 of each size. The only MUSA was my size. So - in summary - I've seen about 100 Sox postseason caps in and around Boston and only 1 was MUSA. Good luck!

Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/16 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:
Scott8030 wrote:
Johnny Fedora wrote:

It was me. At Lids in Downtown Boston, there were at least 50 postseason caps - multiples of each size and not one was MUSA. Fewer available next door in Cambridge, but none of them were MUSA. Lids in the Natick mall had 2/3 of each size. The only MUSA was my size. So - in summary - I've seen about 100 Sox postseason caps in and around Boston and only 1 was MUSA. Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/19/16 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone see Andrew miller wearing the dark navy blue C World Series patch cap after the game?
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/16 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
Anyone see Andrew miller wearing the dark navy blue C World Series patch cap after the game?

Yeah, that ws patch looks humongous to me
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/16 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish the Orioles still had Andrew Miller. That way he and Zach Britton could have sat on the bench together while watching Ubaldo blow the game.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 10/19/16 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:
I wish the Orioles still had Andrew Miller. That way he and Zach Britton could have sat on the bench together while watching Ubaldo blow the game.

Too funny!

Btw, grabbed from Lids clearance that same BoSox Postseason hat shown above. Made in China, a full size too big, and bubbled stiff frontal crown. Looked like a sombrero on my head. It's on its way back to Lids.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/19/16 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scott8030 wrote:

Laughing Sad

Was really looking forward to scoring tickets to an O's postseason game. There's always next year.

And Miller was incredible in this series. Fully deserving of MVP.
Page 12 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: