LEGIT CHECKView previous topic :: View next topic  
D LOCK
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/08/16 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-England-Patriots-59Fifty-fitted-hat-7-1-8/201555183062?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35375%26meid%3Dea65a4f95ded4355b4a5720eb8db37f1%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201555183062

is this hat legit? it looks like it but the sticker on the bill is throwing me off...

Hey I'm kinda mad at myself for just now having seen this because that Patriots hat is 100% percent fake based on those pictures. The biggest thing that sticks out to me are the fact that it has an on field sticker on it whereas all draft hats only have the gold circle on the bill. Also, the NFL logo on the back is too high up. The last thing is that the New England under the bill doesn't have the stitching through the letters. If I were you, I would get ahold of ebay and let them know that you found out after buying it that it was fake and that you want to report the seller for selling fake products.
SEEKER
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/09/16 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
steadymobbin wrote:
awesome thanks for checking it out.

i wasnt really into hats when these were released so im trying to make up ground on my collection!
What year was it from? It kinda even looks US made

I think i have this same hat Seawolf.. it's a 2012 Patriots Draft hat.
it's on my Patriots Post.
Neweracapguyer
Rookie

Post Posted: 04/10/16 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Saw this lot of vintage hats and was wondering if the Phillies star hat was real?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-VINTAGE-1990s-RETRO-UN-USED-GAME-MODEL-PRO-NEW-ERA-HATS-7-1-4-As-GIANTS-/201557327533?hash=item2eedc0bead:g:HiYAAOSwjMJXBsm0#viTabs_0

If so, I did see a few people who were interested in acquiring one, but also know it's a harder to find hat so just checking its authenticity.
D LOCK
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/10/16 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neweracapguyer wrote:
Saw this lot of vintage hats and was wondering if the Phillies star hat was real?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-VINTAGE-1990s-RETRO-UN-USED-GAME-MODEL-PRO-NEW-ERA-HATS-7-1-4-As-GIANTS-/201557327533?hash=item2eedc0bead:g:HiYAAOSwjMJXBsm0#viTabs_0

If so, I did see a few people who were interested in acquiring one, but also know it's a harder to find hat so just checking its authenticity.

I was looking at this earlier and from what I can tell everything looks to be legit but anyone else with info would be greatly appreciated.
Neweracapguyer
Rookie

Post Posted: 04/10/16 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
D LOCK wrote:
Neweracapguyer wrote:

I was looking at this earlier and from what I can tell everything looks to be legit but anyone else with info would be greatly appreciated.

I also thought they checked out, but seeing the price for 5 hats with one being a rarer hat I was a bit skeptical.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/16 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so the patriots hat came in today... i think it is fake as well... wither that or i have it in my head that its fake. its kind of heavy...

it also feels a lot smaller than a 7 1/8.

thoughts?

these are some pics i took

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neweracapguyer wrote:
D LOCK wrote:
Neweracapguyer wrote:

I also thought they checked out, but seeing the price for 5 hats with one being a rarer hat I was a bit skeptical.

they are real, but the Phils is damaged if you read the description.
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:
so the patriots hat came in today... i think it is fake as well... wither that or i have it in my head that its fake. its kind of heavy...

thoughts?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

still looks legit to me, it's just chino......
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
steadymobbin wrote:

thoughts?

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

still looks legit to me, it's just chino......

What year is this from? The size tag is pre2012.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the replies, i really do appreciate them!

its a 2013 draft hat.

its tough to explain. it just feels heavier overall. i tried to post pics of the sweat band cuz it looked different than normal. it could be real and just all in my head from the post above. after he said that the stitching on the bottom of the bill was missing.

http://www.hatland.com/prodimg/m4/patriots-nfl-2013-draft-navy-59fifty-fitted-new-era-4-21691.jpg

the sticker on the bill where the nfl logo is printed looks a little "bleed-y" (for lack of a better word), does the font on the inside of the cap look legit?
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:

its a 2013 draft hat.

its tough to explain. it just feels heavier overall. i tried to post pics of the sweat band cuz it looked different than normal. it could be real and just all in my head from the post above. after he said that the stitching on the bottom of the bill was missing.

http://www.hatland.com/prodimg/m4/patriots-nfl-2013-draft-navy-59fifty-fitted-new-era-4-21691.jpg

the sticker on the bill where the nfl logo is printed looks a little "bleed-y" (for lack of a better word), does the font on the inside of the cap look legit?

Oh if it is suppose to be 2013 this is 100% fake. Those sizing tags weren't around in 2013. Just ask another member to check their sizing tag on this hat. Any team .
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:

its a 2013 draft hat.

yeah.....Now I see what you're saying about the stitching.....i'd message the seller first and tell him your concerns, most just refund your money and won't even ask for the merch back rather than get bad feedback.....
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/16 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so if its fake how do i call out the seller on ebay?

i got a little worried when i was opening the box it was shipped in and they still had the shipping label on the box, underneath the one they used to ship it to me, and the date on it was april 1st and i bought this thing like on the 7th or something like that.
D LOCK
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/16 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
steadymobbin wrote:
so if its fake how do i call out the seller on ebay?

i got a little worried when i was opening the box it was shipped in and they still had the shipping label on the box, underneath the one they used to ship it to me, and the date on it was april 1st and i bought this thing like on the 7th or something like that.

I have this hat at home and yes it is 100% fake.
steadymobbin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 04/12/16 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seawolf wrote:
steadymobbin wrote:

its a 2013 draft hat.

yeah.....Now I see what you're saying about the stitching.....i'd message the seller first and tell him your concerns, most just refund your money and won't even ask for the merch back rather than get bad feedback.....

awesome thank you for the help! and fast responses!
Page 39 of 40   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: