Vintage D-Backs checkView previous topic :: View next topic  
titans1127

Post Posted: 07/23/16 10:11 am    Post subject: Vintage D-Backs check Reply with quote
Been looking for the 1998 Road hat for the Diamondbacks for a few days and came across what appears to be a pre-1998 version with the bigger A logo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Arizona-Diamondbacks-Fitted-hat-cap-size-7-1-8-MLB-NEW-ERA-90s-randy-johnson-/222174707623?hash=item33baa4ffa7:g:k~0AAOSwuzRXeDIF

Just wanted to confirm that its all good to buy and if its the large logo or the small one. The picture is close up enough that I can't really tell for sure.

Torn on getting it and buying a stretcher to make it my size(I'm a 7 1/4) or going with a Chinese remake of it from 4ucaps.com which would be in my size but would probably need to be shrunk and will likely look silly on me.
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/23/16 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's a 95 road.....it was in retail only, they didn't use these when they started playing.....and the color is more teal than green the picture must be bad.....
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/23/16 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage D-Backs check Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
Been looking for the 1998 Road hat for the Diamondbacks for a few days and came across what appears to be a pre-1998 version with the bigger A logo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Arizona-Diamondbacks-Fitted-hat-cap-size-7-1-8-MLB-NEW-ERA-90s-randy-johnson-/222174707623?hash=item33baa4ffa7:g:k~0AAOSwuzRXeDIF

Just wanted to confirm that its all good to buy and if its the large logo or the small one. The picture is close up enough that I can't really tell for sure.

Torn on getting it and buying a stretcher to make it my size(I'm a 7 1/4) or going with a Chinese remake of it from 4ucaps.com which would be in my size but would probably need to be shrunk and will likely look silly on me.

Its legit if you go for a remake go a size down and stretch it out since the new repros dont really shrink right in my opinion
titans1127

Post Posted: 07/23/16 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys. Pretty much torn on which to get at this point. The original is tempting due to the cheaper price and it would have the accurate teal/green but I really like how the remake looks as well. The remake would turn it into a $55 purchase with the cost of the stretcher added in.
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/23/16 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
titans1127 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. Pretty much torn on which to get at this point. The original is tempting due to the cheaper price and it would have the accurate teal/green but I really like how the remake looks as well. The remake would turn it into a $55 purchase with the cost of the stretcher added in.

Honestly the shapes on the old ones are REALLY boxy. I have all the originals except the teal and purple 2 tone and would never wear them based on how they look. No need to buy a stretcher just do the knee pop trick and you should be set. Definitely give Ashley at Hatclub a call to see if they can track you down the ones they had online a couples months back. That's the one i purchased a size down and it was perfect!
titans1127

Post Posted: 07/23/16 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
titans1127 wrote:

Honestly the shapes on the old ones are REALLY boxy. I have all the originals except the teal and purple 2 tone and would never wear them based on how they look. No need to buy a stretcher just do the knee pop trick and you should be set. Definitely give Ashley at Hatclub a call to see if they can track you down the ones they had online a couples months back. That's the one i purchased a size down and it was perfect!
Just dropped her an email! Hopefully there's good news.

Never thought of getting the hat before but after seeing the few that have popped up on eBay had me search to see what hat they were wearing at a particular game. I was at the first ever Diamondbacks game at Shea Stadium and was a big fan of the team in the early years so the hat does have some sentimental value to me.

Hopefully Ashley can find one and the other request I made for the black snake logo road cap used from 99-06 and I'll be very very happy.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: