Is this Jays '08-'10 alt legit?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 777
Location: Utah

Post Posted: 05/10/16 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Did you leave negative feedback already?

Edit: It looks like you already did. Good job.


I gave him plenty of opportunity to avoid the negative feedback too. He's either ignorant enough to actually believe that he's selling an authentic 5950 or he simply doesn't care about his feedback for whatever reason. I suspect it's not the latter because he tried to force me into removing the negative feedback in order to accept a return with no tags.


Even if he did accept the complaint and refund you 100% and tell you to keep the item, he's still selling counterfeit crap and needs to have the feedback so others know. That's why I was hoping you'd left it, so that it would help others to avoid the mess later on.

I noticed he responded to your negative feedback as well. What a tool. I love how they can sell fake garbage and if you complain about it, they give you negative feedback as well.
_________________
Twitter: @LegalAmerican4
Instagram: LegalAmerican2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 05/10/16 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Even if he did accept the complaint and refund you 100% and tell you to keep the item, he's still selling counterfeit crap and needs to have the feedback so others know. That's why I was hoping you'd left it, so that it would help others to avoid the mess later on.

I noticed he responded to your negative feedback as well. What a tool. I love how they can sell fake garbage and if you complain about it, they give you negative feedback as well.


Yeah, I told him that I shouldn't have offered to handle it discreetly in the first place. I just have an aversion to working with bureaucracies when dealing with things like this. I was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt initially but it very quickly became clear that he's a scumbag.

I also haven't gone through eBay to resolve this kind of thing before so I wasn't sure about the likelihood of them getting me my money back. They still haven't responded to formal complaint. They don't even have an automated form message that says they've received it and will be responding in a few days or something. I'll be calling them today if I still hear nothing back from them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 05/10/16 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
Even if he did accept the complaint and refund you 100% and tell you to keep the item, he's still selling counterfeit crap and needs to have the feedback so others know. That's why I was hoping you'd left it, so that it would help others to avoid the mess later on.

I noticed he responded to your negative feedback as well. What a tool. I love how they can sell fake garbage and if you complain about it, they give you negative feedback as well.


Yeah, I told him that I shouldn't have offered to handle it discreetly in the first place. I just have an aversion to working with bureaucracies when dealing with things like this. I was also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt initially but it very quickly became clear that he's a scumbag.

I also haven't gone through eBay to resolve this kind of thing before so I wasn't sure about the likelihood of them getting me my money back. They still haven't responded to formal complaint. They don't even have an automated form message that says they've received it and will be responding in a few days or something. I'll be calling them today if I still hear nothing back from them.

give them time ebay tries to work with the seller first and then you'll have a choice to either accept the sellers solution or not. I usually don't accept and ebay then goes to make a decision (like judge) to refund your money. This is why it was important in your complaint to mention that you're a cap collector also ebay sees your past purchases and they'll see that you have been buying caps and don't do this type of complaints on every purchase. So far I had to this 3 times -1 cap, 2 jerseys and I didn't return any of the crap they sent even if the seller asked for them.
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 05/10/16 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
el_gmac wrote:
give them time ebay tries to work with the seller first and then you'll have a choice to either accept the sellers solution or not. I usually don't accept and ebay then goes to make a decision (like judge) to refund your money. This is why it was important in your complaint to mention that you're a cap collector also ebay sees your past purchases and they'll see that you have been buying caps and don't do this type of complaints on every purchase. So far I had to this 3 times -1 cap, 2 jerseys and I didn't return any of the crap they sent even if the seller asked for them.


Thanks for the head up, gmac. The complaint box only allowed one sentence or so and there wasn't really room to emphasize that I'm a collector. Hopefully they take a look at my purchase history/100% positive feedback and compare it to his zero feedback and draw the appropriate conclusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 05/13/16 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally called Ebay and I'm glad I did. I had filed a complaint about the listing a few days ago but apparently that's different from starting a formal refund process. There was a lot more room in the correct form so I made sure to mention that I'm a collector, gmac (you guys were also used as expert witnesses btw! Laughing). Gave 'em lots of photos too. Hopefully Ebay does the right thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 05/18/16 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully a final update on this: I'll be getting a full refund, including shipping, and the jerk counterfeiter (I'd use stronger language but this is a family site, right? Laughing) will get his POS cap back so he can scam someone else into buying it. Not terribly thrilled that eBay thinks this guy deserves to get his fake merchandise back but at least I was able to warn others with negative feedback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 05/18/16 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
awesome update guy. but f ebay if they want me to send a fake merchandise back
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 777
Location: Utah

Post Posted: 05/18/16 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd be pretty tempted to send back a paper origami hat and tell him it's still a better fake than what he sent you. Even if eBay then voided your refund, the point would be a fun one to make.
_________________
Twitter: @LegalAmerican4
Instagram: LegalAmerican2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 06/03/16 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really do think that the universe doesn't want me to get this cap. My latest attempt:





Cap was listed as new and I had it confirmed that it would be shipped in a box. Unfortunately, the seller crammed it into a 1-2 inch wide box and thus crushed the crown quite thoroughly.

The crown would probably be fixable with Nu-Cap (though I don't have it yet and it would require another $50) but the cap also REEKS. My first thought was some kind of Chinese/Indian perfume (I've already had checked bags ruined by that smell) but someone else suggested cigarette smoke as the culprit. Either way, the thing is untouchable, let alone wearable, without significant cleaning and I've never gotten back the 'new poly feel' after soaking a poly.

Lesson: I'll always be asking if the household is cigarette smoke free from here on out. I'm also gonna have to figure out a succinct way to request that the cap be sent in a box that won't crush the crown.

The seller was quite understanding this time though and refunded immediately. I offered to send it back so he could wash and relist it but I don't think he wants to waste the money on shipping.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 06/03/16 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
damn guy that sucks all the way. I had that experience and a few other members too where they send you the cap in a box for books (no common sense at all). Also recently I got 5 DC caps where the smell of smoke was very deep into the caps, put them into the freezer and the smell got away just a bit, I need to put them in a ziploc bag with some dry sheet as suggested by Seawolf and see if that does the trick. Yeah you are going to need a nu-cap system to restore the crown
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 3373

Post Posted: 06/03/16 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
I really do think that the universe doesn't want me to get this cap. My latest attempt:





Cap was listed as new and I had it confirmed that it would be shipped in a box. Unfortunately, the seller crammed it into a 1-2 inch wide box and thus crushed the crown quite thoroughly.

The crown would probably be fixable with Nu-Cap (though I don't have it yet and it would require another $50) but the cap also REEKS. My first thought was some kind of Chinese/Indian perfume (I've already had checked bags ruined by that smell) but someone else suggested cigarette smoke as the culprit. Either way, the thing is untouchable, let alone wearable, without significant cleaning and I've never gotten back the 'new poly feel' after soaking a poly.

Lesson: I'll always be asking if the household is cigarette smoke free from here on out. I'm also gonna have to figure out a succinct way to request that the cap be sent in a box that won't crush the crown.

The seller was quite understanding this time though and refunded immediately. I offered to send it back so he could wash and relist it but I don't think he wants to waste the money on shipping.


Don't soak the hat; 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water in a spray bottle will solve the issue.
_________________
It's always a better day when you're in a hat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott8030
Legend/Addict


Joined: 23 Mar 2015
Posts: 1419

Post Posted: 06/04/16 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
I really do think that the universe doesn't want me to get this cap. My latest attempt:

Cap was listed as new and I had it confirmed that it would be shipped in a box. Unfortunately, the seller crammed it into a 1-2 inch wide box and thus crushed the crown quite thoroughly.

The crown would probably be fixable with Nu-Cap (though I don't have it yet and it would require another $50) but the cap also REEKS. My first thought was some kind of Chinese/Indian perfume (I've already had checked bags ruined by that smell) but someone else suggested cigarette smoke as the culprit. Either way, the thing is untouchable, let alone wearable, without significant cleaning and I've never gotten back the 'new poly feel' after soaking a poly.

Lesson: I'll always be asking if the household is cigarette smoke free from here on out. I'm also gonna have to figure out a succinct way to request that the cap be sent in a box that won't crush the crown.

The seller was quite understanding this time though and refunded immediately. I offered to send it back so he could wash and relist it but I don't think he wants to waste the money on shipping.


Oh no! That sucks! But now might be the time to spring for nu cap, despite the price. You will use it for more than just this hat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
el_gmac
Legend/Addict


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 2030
Location: In the South of FLA

Post Posted: 06/04/16 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guru would that work for Wool Caps?
_________________
Buy AmericaN!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140315266@N05/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 1803
Location: Gstaad

Post Posted: 06/06/16 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, gmac and Guru. I tried the easiest and most risk-free method first (dryer sheets in zip-lock bag) and it's definitely made a big difference. I changed them out after one night and added even more the next day and it smells even better now. Hopefully the scent isn't just being masked. I'll be using the vinegar/water spray method next if the smell returns.

Scott8030 wrote:
Oh no! That sucks! But now might be the time to spring for nu cap, despite the price. You will use it for more than just this hat.


Yeah, I think it's about time to bite the bullet and get one. They're now up to $55 but I guess I could consider it to be more like $35 since I ended up getting this Jays cap free.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seawolf
Legend/Addict


Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 1932
Location: Nu Yawk

Post Posted: 06/06/16 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you could try activated charcoal or baking soda.....that should absorb any smells.....
_________________
My Stuff - https://www.flickr.com/photos/138833604@N04/albums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum