Help! Could someone please check these two caps?!View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmermaggots

Post Posted: 03/19/15 3:52 am    Post subject: Help! Could someone please check these two caps?! Reply with quote
Cincy Reds Cap looks legit. Just curious about the material since all the other ones I have seen online are wool with a flatter C than mine... Mine has a sort of nylon/poly feel to it. I am sure it is legit just making sure. The only odd thing I found were the holes being closed.

farmermaggots

Post Posted: 03/19/15 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now here's the one I have EXTREME doubts on... I bought it from an online store for 32.99. It claimed to be an authentic reseller. But the sewing dont match, the black sticker on the brim is slightly off, the feel is a bit weaker (although it is my only made from China cap), the inside band feels a bit weaker and not rough, the stitching is made of plastic and not wool, AND there is no New Era stamp on the button. Any thoughts? Are the made from China caps like this now?

farmermaggots

Post Posted: 03/19/15 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The padres cap was actually 35 dollars and from hatland.com which apparently is legit. Whats with the shitty flaws on my cap then?
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/19/15 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Caps are real.

Caps are all hand made, and you can't expect them to be atomically perfect.

The plastic stitching is something that New Era does now and then when they want to use a clear thread, they should use it more often with different colored panel caps but often they don't.

That brim doesn't look crooked, it is more likely that the sticker was applied crooked.
farmermaggots

Post Posted: 03/19/15 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Caps are real.

The plastic stitching is something that New Era does now and then when they want to use a clear thread, they should use it more often with different colored panel caps but often they don't.

That brim doesn't look crooked, it is more likely that the sticker was applied crooked.

Thank you very much my friend. Do you happen to know if there are AC fakes out there that try to emulate older New Era caps from 1994-1998 or from 1999-2006? I feel like I should only be skeptical with the post 2007 poly caps. Am I correct?
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/19/15 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
farmermaggots wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Caps are real.

Thank you very much my friend. Do you happen to know if there are AC fakes out there that try to emulate older New Era caps from 1994-1998 or from 1999-2006? I feel like I should only be skeptical with the post 2007 poly caps. Am I correct?

There really aren't, none with that old shape I don't think. It just isn't cost effective to make fakes of old units like that. Just like it isn't cost effective to make counterfeit pennies.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/19/15 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reds is legit. That's the last version of that cap, from after they went to the 3D logos (97-9Cool. Most did have a flatter logo and are much more common than the one you have. Nice score
farmermaggots

Post Posted: 03/22/15 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
Reds is legit. That's the last version of that cap, from after they went to the 3D logos (97-9Cool. Most did have a flatter logo and are much more common than the one you have. Nice score

Thanks man! Yeah I only see the flatter C logo and 100% wool version which made me skeptical of my version. Its like a poly feel
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: