replica 47 brandView previous topic :: View next topic  
stephmila
Rookie

Post Posted: 06/02/12 3:41 pm    Post subject: replica 47 brand Reply with quote
who has alteady bought a 47 brand replica.?
what do you think about this cap?

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4023152&cp=1452360.1452526.1454579
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/02/12 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only own one 47 brand cap, and they're great quality from what I've seen. The brim isn't as stiff as a New Era though.
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/02/12 4:01 pm    Post subject: 47 Brand Reply with quote
Their emboroidery is good! Many moons ago they actually made on the field caps for the Red Sox under the name Devon.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: 47 Brand Reply with quote
longtimemlbcapcollector wrote:
Their emboroidery is good! Many moons ago they actually made on the field caps for the Red Sox under the name Devon.

Devon was founded by a man named Harold Aronson who bought cap-making equipment from KM Pro when they went bankrupt. They were bought out in the mid-80s by Twins Enterprise which then became '47 Brand a few years ago. I personally think '47 Brand is trying to squeeze their way into making on field caps, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: 47 Brand Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

Devon was founded by a man named Harold Aronson who bought cap-making equipment from KM Pro when they went bankrupt. They were bought out in the mid-80s by Twins Enterprise which then became '47 Brand a few years ago. I personally think '47 Brand is trying to squeeze their way into making on field caps, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

I would think it start small like the MiLB contract, something NE may devalue given that they have the NFL contract.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard New Era's MiLB license was expiring soon. Maybe that will happen...
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

And I am hearing the natives are restless, the plea from the teams is becoming 'anyone but NE'. For it to have come to this is sad and a little disheartening but also hopefully a lesson.

Then again, if NE offers $1 dollar more on the deal...
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 06/04/12 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

And I am hearing the natives are restless, the plea from the teams is becoming 'anyone but NE'. For it to have come to this is sad and a little disheartening but also hopefully a lesson.

Why do the teams so desperately want to be free of NE? Is it the same complaints we have (mostly bad QC)?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
baby dhibs wrote:
Hat Guru wrote:
Insomniac186 wrote:

Why do the teams so desperately want to be free of NE? Is it the same complaints we have (mostly bad QC)?

It's the customer service issues such as reorders are a pain, they don't show up on time and when they do the quality sucks. It's being told one thing one minute and then another the next. It's simple things like NE not returning phone calls and leaving teams to chase them. And for more and more it's having to get stuck with higher base cost items that no one wants to buy because the quality is terrible (i.e. Chinese made hats)
longtimemlbcapcollector
Gold Member

Post Posted: 06/04/12 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 47 Brand Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

Thanks for the additional info Paul and I agree with you that they would like to get back to making an on-field version. I actually bought a BoSox Devon (small) 7 5/8 cap directly from Devon in the 80's because I could tell the BoSox wearn't wearing a New Era.
Insomniac186
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 06/04/12 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 47 Brand Reply with quote
Insomniac186 wrote:

Thanks for the additional info Paul and I agree with you that they would like to get back to making an on-field version. I actually bought a BoSox Devon (small) 7 5/8 cap directly from Devon in the 80's because I could tell the BoSox wearn't wearing a New Era.

I have one as well but it's in rough shape. I also have a Devon cap that looks like a mid 60s Senators but without the red piping. It might be a minor league cap, I dunno. Devon also made spring training caps for the Dodgers at least once in the early 80s.
'74 Twins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/01/12 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: replica 47 brand Reply with quote
stephmila wrote:
who has alteady bought a 47 brand replica.?
what do you think about this cap?

I used to wear the '47 Brand exclusively. They are some nice caps. They are comfortable and look good. They do get nasty, though, like a pair of socks that are never washed. And the super-curved bill can look pretty ridiculous. But they are only $20 a pop.

May I point you towards the '47 "Brooksby" fitted caps. They claim to be Cooperstown, but the color schemes are all to s**t. However, they are 100% wool, and are probably the closest thing to a replica of the hats worn in the 1920s-30s out there. I contacted them about starting a line of 1920s-30s caps, but of course they didn't get it. So far, the best (of a bad lot) are the White Sox, Cardinals, and Twins. At least the color schemes are right.
cheesehead414
Rookie

Post Posted: 08/20/12 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a few 47 Brand caps, and I like them a lot. Great quality, and really love the logos on them. I also like the faded look of their designs.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: