Just when you thought Lids couldn't get any worseView previous topic :: View next topic  
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's happening to the old inventory? Fanatics has never had a better variety than lids. Are they working on combining the two together?
Still no social media posts.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They just say on Twitter they are working on it .
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh okay. I see now. Sort of new to Twitter. I was checking post posts only and not replies.

I don't even know my old account number or access pass #, how are they going to be able to cross reference anything?

I go to register an account and it says A user id already registered with my email. So I go to forget password and get the email link. And it's a broken link. Million dollar company and they don't want more of my.money?

Edit: apparently the broken link is missing a .com after lids. I was able to log in. But nothing is there or really known about me.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Ahh okay. I see now. Sort of new to Twitter. I was checking post posts only and not replies.

I don't even know my old account number or access pass #, how are they going to be able to cross reference anything?

I go to register an account and it says A user id already registered with my email. So I go to forget password and get the email link. And it's a broken link. Million dollar company and they don't want more of my.money?

Edit: apparently the broken link is missing a .com after lids. I was able to log in. But nothing is there or really known about me.

Yea...I was told everything would be fine,then was told by someone else I need to create a new account... but I said the same thing...how would they knew it's me if it's a different email? They didn't have an answer.
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This sucks donkey dong. Fanatics never clearances out stuff like Lids did. That was the only time it was worth buying Chinese trash.

I'm sick of this crap. Fanatics ruined MLB shop too.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This might explain why all of a sudden they started refusing to honor my $10 rewards on top of the usual 20% discount. Messaged them through the site about it and they never responded.

Their 'NEW LOOK' apparently features sh*tty Chino poly:

wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/20/19 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mid February I received an email about earning a $10 reward. I never was able to see the light to where I could apply it. It gave me a expiration or mid July too.

I just dropped a bit on some retro classics. I doubt those earn any points. Back to eBay I to.
DrBoston

Post Posted: 03/21/19 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wallyhopp wrote:
Do mlbshop and fanatics use the same username and account? I can log into fanatics but not use that at lids. It seems the same umbrella should have the same account bases.

What a sneaky mess. I had $10-$20 reward credit that went missing about a month back. I should've known something was up.

And social media is still posting stuff as if it's everry thing is normal.

Or it's a ghost town. Really bizarre stuff.

I had to create an account on both, but weirdly the fancash you earn on both (paltry as it is) seems to be linked... Question
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 03/21/19 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All of this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Fanatics wants to corner the whole authentic sports wear market as well as memorabilia.
If you ever go to American Needle you will notice there are no longer any old MLB team logo caps anymore except for negro league and defunct minor league teams
I bet Fanatics has their claw in that mix somewhere.

The good old days are gone. Say hello to Fanatics for any MLB hat purchase. I bet they buy out NE too. I hope Hatclub will still be around. Hopefully they can work out a deal with them if and when it happens.

Those nice Ross MLB hats that used to be cheap will be a very small stream until gone. That will also end too.

Johnny Macs in St. Louis is also closing its doors for good. They supplied a lot of local high schools with their football, baseball soccer unis. I bet Fanatics has had a hand in that as well.

Fanatics is an corporation controlled by the Arabs so they have lots and lots of money to get what they want.
wallyhopp
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 03/22/19 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Big cappi, tip is right. I didn't realize they had fanatics branded NBA jerseys. The NHL branded fanatics hats ready have a side flag eerily similar to the NE flag. Surprised they aren't getting sued unless they already know the inevitable. A waving F in the shape of a flag is too simar to the NE flag. So it's already seems they are working on a partnership.

I said it before but I'll double down and say within 5 years fanatics will have a major sports sponsorship, Including but not limited to buying or overtaking New era. They may make a couple hats and jerseys now. But I'm talking for the on field identity
go_gosox
Rookie

Post Posted: 03/22/19 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess if paid more attention to the financial page, the New Era plant closing and Lids going to Fanatics would have may way more sense. The timing is pretty well laid out here. Guess it's eBay, Hatclub and whatever "mom and pop" places can hang on like Mickey's and Grandstand Sox in Chicago.

https://www.retailtouchpoints.com/features/news-briefs/genesco-sells-lids-for-100-million-fanatics-takes-minority-stake-in-buyer
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/25/19 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aaaaaaaaand they just messaged me saying they've added another $10 reward to my account. No idea how to access (HA!) it of course...
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/26/19 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Site is a dumpster fire. Was considering buying a cap online and realized my discount wasn't applying. Help section told me this:

As a member you will receive an email with a coupon code at the beginning of each month. During checkout, simply enter the code to receive 20% off your items.

I have never received an email with any code. Called them and was told the person on the phone couldn't help me. They had to pass on my info to someone else who would supposedly contact me in 1-2 business days. Asked if I could have a direct email contact to bypass the middleman and was told I couldn't. Helluva way to run a website.

And will they ever offer Shoprunner like the other Fanatics sites do? What's the holdup if it's the same damned stock now?
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/30/19 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Site is a dumpster fire. Was considering buying a cap online and realized my discount wasn't applying. Help section told me this:

As a member you will receive an email with a coupon code at the beginning of each month. During checkout, simply enter the code to receive 20% off your items.

I have never received an email with any code. Called them and was told the person on the phone couldn't help me. They had to pass on my info to someone else who would supposedly contact me in 1-2 business days. Asked if I could have a direct email contact to bypass the middleman and was told I couldn't. Helluva way to run a website.

And will they ever offer Shoprunner like the other Fanatics sites do? What's the holdup if it's the same damned stock now?

I never got a code for May either. When my Access Pass expires in September, I won't be re-upping. It is worthless, now.
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> General Off Topic (New)

Jump to: