Buying a Nu-Cap?View previous topic :: View next topic  
OzYankee

Post Posted: 03/09/18 10:08 pm    Post subject: Buying a Nu-Cap? Reply with quote
Hi, where can I buy a Nu-Cap shaper from? I canít find one for sale anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 03/11/18 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
They've been defunct for the better part of a decade in my memory is correct. They pop up occasionally on Amazon and eBay in the past, but for ridiculously high prices.

My suggestions is to buy yourself a rubber ball for kids at a place like Walmart and a can of sprayable starch and create your own nu-cap system.
OzYankee

Post Posted: 03/11/18 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dinsmore16 wrote:
They've been defunct for the better part of a decade in my memory is correct. They pop up occasionally on Amazon and eBay in the past, but for ridiculously high prices.

My suggestions is to buy yourself a rubber ball for kids at a place like Walmart and a can of sprayable starch and create your own nu-cap system.

Thanks for that. I will give this a try.
OzYankee

Post Posted: 03/11/18 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OzYankee wrote:
Dinsmore16 wrote:

Thanks for that. I will give this a try.

I gave this a try and it actually works pretty good. Thanks again Dinsmore16.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 03/12/18 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you spray outside or inside of the hat?
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/12/18 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm hoping Hat Club brings them back if that's even possible. Got my horsehair brush from them and I see they just started offering the Hat Jack as well (got mine off Amazon). Sell Nu-cap and they'd have the cap maintenance essentials covered for us collectors.
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 03/12/18 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
I'm hoping Hat Club brings them back if that's even possible. Got my horsehair brush from them and I see they just started offering the Hat Jack as well (got mine off Amazon). Sell Nu-cap and they'd have the cap maintenance essentials covered for us collectors.

Guy,

How is that horsehair brush compared with the wiry/foam-like brushes sold by Lids and New Era?

I can't say enough about the HatJack. I've even been able to buy hats two sizes down and jack them up for wear. One of the best purchases I've made.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/12/18 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy,

How is that horsehair brush compared with the wiry/foam-like brushes sold by Lids and New Era?

I can't say enough about the HatJack. I've even been able to buy hats two sizes down and jack them up for wear. One of the best purchases I've made.

Not a fair fight at all. Horsehair works miracles removing dust and is very gentle. A wiry brush, which I used for far too long, requires you to repeatedly & aggressively brush with limited results. I think it also takes some of the cap's fuzz off. I'll never use one again.

Hat Jack has helped me a lot. I think I have the medium and want to try the large that Hat Club is selling. I've got a big damned head and I think the smaller Jacks are designed for people with heads that taper. Will be interesting to see if the larger one gives me more space around my temples, something that's always been an issue for me when I Jack a cap.
OzYankee

Post Posted: 03/12/18 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:

A little on both.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 03/12/18 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrRedLegs wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Guy,

I use a Kiwi boot brush, works great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KIWI-Horsehair-Shine-Brush-1-count/21921510
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 03/14/18 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
OzYankee wrote:
jy2k2 wrote:

A little on both.

Same here, I try not to use too much on the outside or it can leave stains. It washes out with a wet rag though, no worries.
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Care

Jump to: