Lids/New Era Club CardView previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/16/16 8:47 am    Post subject: Lids/New Era Club Card Reply with quote
So, I have the New Era Club Card, which is the exact same thing as the Lids Club Card and can be used at/on the New Era Site, New Era Flagship Stores, Lids Stores, and the Lids site. I don't use it to buy caps really, but I always go to the Flagship store here in Buffalo to get my hats blocked (Steamed/Stretched) and if you have the card it's free, if you don't it's $5 a hat.

So yesterday I was in there and I got some hats blocked and when putting it through the computer system the cashier asked me if I had heard about what's going to happen with the cards and I said no. He told me that they are only good and will only be accepted until their expiration date, once they expire they will no longer be accepted and they also won't allow you to renew them, they're ending the program.

The Flagship store was always run by New Era, but within the last year or maybe longer it was taken over by Lids and that's when they started the club card. I heard him mention in my time there that New Era was going to be taking the store back over and Lids was no longer going to be running it.

Just a little tidbit of info for you guys. I know it probably doesn't impact anyone much because Lids puts so many restrictions on what you can actually use the card for, and I think you may still be able to use the card in the Lids Stores/Site just not the New Era Stores/Site, but I figured I would just pass it along.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 04/18/16 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. I actually chopped my card to bits a few months ago because I was sick of all of the exclusions that made the card worthless. It didn't do me any good to keep it in my wallet because I never buy from Lids or New Era online or in store anymore. The only time i've bought anything from Lids in the last 8-12 months was if it was clearance and I can't use the card for those anyway.
purpnowitzki
Rookie

Post Posted: 12/19/16 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've never had any exclusions for stuff, i think the card is great. it's just 25% off how can you complain
MrRedLegs

Post Posted: 11/11/17 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I actually chopped my card to bits a few months ago because I was sick of all of the exclusions that made the card worthless. It didn't do me any good to keep it in my wallet because I never buy from Lids or New Era online or in store anymore. The only time i've bought anything from Lids in the last 8-12 months was if it was clearance and I can't use the card for those anyway.

Some days I love Lids, other days I hate them with a passion, because the company exemplifies all that's wrong in modern American capitalism. It's running more toward hate lately. Sent Lids this email today...

Dear Lids management,

Veterans Day Strong25. Ha!

Yet another "sale" in which it seems that 95% of your merchandise is excluded. As a loyal Lids customer, this is becoming increasingly frustrating. Your list of exclusions is laughable. Why not just give a us a list of what IS on sale? Or, better yet, why not stop filling my inbox with emails about sales that lead your main customers to believe that it's 25% of all regular priced merchandise?

I had a couple of items in my cart that I was going to purchase, thinking I'd get another 5% off from my 20% Access Pass, but of course the sale didn't apply to them. You know what -- I'm going to dump them out of my cart. You lost my purchase.

Your business can provide some terrific merchandise at terrific prices. Sadly, though, you run your business dishonestly -- with these come-on sales that are not sales at all, but simply a ruse to draw people onto your website. Please run your business in a more upright and honest fashion. You owe it to your loyal customers to do so.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/11/17 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about my card isnít set to expire for another week, but they converted it themselves to an access pass and wouldnít honor the 25% off membership discount.... only to have a 25% off discount go live an hour after Iíve tried contacting them for 3 hours by phone.

Then the sarcastic ďNow your points count for something, isnít hat great!Ē No, no itís not. Iíd rather save 3-4 dollars every purchase then wait for $10 down the line.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/12/17 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Completely agree that the Lids 'sale' emails are essentially spam. And I've also had items in my cart during a sale only to remove them when I saw that the sale of course didn't apply to what I wanted. I'll still try to apply the codes but I'm really just going through the motions at this point.
djtdawg

Post Posted: 11/12/17 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My old card expired in September but I'm still getting 25% online. Since I do 99% of my Lids business online, I'm gonna ride it out til they "fix the glitch".

Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Co. Information

Jump to: