2017 Postseason HatsView previous topic :: View next topic  
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/18/17 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:
Has anyone purchased one of the 2017 postseason hats yet? Any made in USA found?

Every single one I found at Nats Park were VERY Chinese. Only one team and only one store, but I didn't even both trying one on. Also, $45. Lol, Nats Park. If I want one, I'll get one on clearance.

THIS! This is so totally accurate - the huge team store in center and the New Era store along the first base line are both filled to the brim with the WORST chinese caps. I don't know the last time i saw an AC at Nats Park that was MUSA. Maybe have been the 10 year patch hats a couple of years back.

I know a post later stated that they got a Nats Postseason hat that was MUSA with Imported, but I would be shocked if that came from the park.

Sadly, 45 is pretty standard for Nats Park and Camden Yards - I agree that if you're gonna do it, the way to do is to wait for clearance...then 30 or 40 percent off that clearance.
rhinogonzo08
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/19/17 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:
Has anyone purchased one of the 2017 postseason hats yet? Any made in USA found?

Every single one I found at Nats Park were VERY Chinese. Only one team and only one store, but I didn't even both trying one on. Also, $45. Lol, Nats Park. If I want one, I'll get one on clearance.

Bought the Astros Sunday Alt postseason patch hat tonight from Fanatics and hope it's a USA made hat. From what i've seen they made a run of these hats without the patch at the beginning of the season in Bangladesh. These hats were far worse than Chino made ones and that's saying something. My luck they just slapped a patch on one of those hats.

I went to the Lids in Katy and they had good amount. They were all Made in USA with imported materials, so I figured it'd be the best I'd find and snagged one. Later on, I went to Dick's here in Katy and they had a huge stock of these hats but MUSA with the good poly! Every single one I saw was MUSA with the good poly, and they had about 5-6 in each size. I definitely snagged one of the good poly. Maybe I'll use the ones from Lids to workout in or something. So if you're in Houston and want an Astros Postseason hat, I suggest going to Dick's first. They have the good poly whereas Lids had imported poly (although USA) and Academy had absolutely none. I think MMP will get their stock right in time for October, but who knows what poly they'll have.

Oh, and it's the all navy blue hats everywhere. I haven't seen the road or alternate hats anywhere. I'm sure MMP will have those though eventually.
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/20/17 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
rhinogonzo08 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:

Bought the Astros Sunday Alt postseason patch hat tonight from Fanatics and hope it's a USA made hat. From what i've seen they made a run of these hats without the patch at the beginning of the season in Bangladesh. These hats were far worse than Chino made ones and that's saying something. My luck they just slapped a patch on one of those hats.

I went to the Lids in Katy and they had good amount. They were all Made in USA with imported materials, so I figured it'd be the best I'd find and snagged one. Later on, I went to Dick's here in Katy and they had a huge stock of these hats but MUSA with the good poly! Every single one I saw was MUSA with the good poly, and they had about 5-6 in each size. I definitely snagged one of the good poly. Maybe I'll use the ones from Lids to workout in or something. So if you're in Houston and want an Astros Postseason hat, I suggest going to Dick's first. They have the good poly whereas Lids had imported poly (although USA) and Academy had absolutely none. I think MMP will get their stock right in time for October, but who knows what poly they'll have.

Oh, and it's the all navy blue hats everywhere. I haven't seen the road or alternate hats anywhere. I'm sure MMP will have those though eventually.

I actually bought my Astros postseason hat at the Katy Lids this evening. I'll have to check out Dicks tomorrow to see the quality difference and see if I need to return my Lids hat and get the Dicks one.

BTW I purchased the alt postseason hat from Fanatics and it should be here tomorrow. Didn't want to chance it by trying to see if they would sell it anywhere in Houston. Club might get some at MMP but I don't think any store in Houston will.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 09/20/17 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:

I've encountered those Bangladesh hats before, hands down worst quality of all time. Embarrassing New Era would even put their name on something that bad.
rhinogonzo08
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/20/17 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
rhinogonzo08 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:

I actually bought my Astros postseason hat at the Katy Lids this evening. I'll have to check out Dicks tomorrow to see the quality difference and see if I need to return my Lids hat and get the Dicks one.

BTW I purchased the alt postseason hat from Fanatics and it should be here tomorrow. Didn't want to chance it by trying to see if they would sell it anywhere in Houston. Club might get some at MMP but I don't think any store in Houston will.

I ordered my alternate off fanatics too and it'll get here early next week. I know the team store will get the road patch hat as it's a big seller in general (most popular hat for the club) but I doubt they'll get the alternates. In 2015 they got the home and road, but no alternate. I expect that to be the same. Luckily I ordered that one off MLB Shop so I have the all orange 2015 Postseason hat.

How is the quality of the alternate hat you got in? I'm hoping good poly...
Ajenks3378

Post Posted: 09/20/17 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:

All the tribe Wahoo hats at lids and team shop in CLE are usa made of imported materials...
I don't even look at block C since they won't wear it during playoffs
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/20/17 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
rhinogonzo08 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
rhinogonzo08 wrote:
bamahater wrote:
Bucs007 wrote:
jfi wrote:

I ordered my alternate off fanatics too and it'll get here early next week. I know the team store will get the road patch hat as it's a big seller in general (most popular hat for the club) but I doubt they'll get the alternates. In 2015 they got the home and road, but no alternate. I expect that to be the same. Luckily I ordered that one off MLB Shop so I have the all orange 2015 Postseason hat.

How is the quality of the alternate hat you got in? I'm hoping good poly...

Got my Alt hat in today and it's a newer tagged hat but with the real good USA poly with a soft crown, not the semi hard crown on this years USA imported material caps. The New Era logo is the glued on patched variety. Glad I bought it when I did because they are all but sold out on Fanatics and Lids is out of my size.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 09/21/17 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guru, will they still be making DE hats or are they getting rid of them altogether?
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/21/17 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I stopped by my Lids yesterday and picked up the Indians home Postseason. USMWI. It seems identical the USMWI World Series hats from last year. I wish it were the good poly, but I really do like this hat.

Interestingly, the guy working there (who is always there when I go and seems to have some knowledge) said that they are only getting in the home hats. He said the all blue Wahoo road hats were only online. I ordered one when I got home (hopefully, it is not a Chinese turd). I guess that explains why I didn't find an all blue Wahoo Postseason there last year.

[img]2017 Cleveland Indians Postseason home by Craig Smith, on Flickr[/img]
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/25/17 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I was looking at a local store at the Astros home postseason hats and I saw one hat made in China with the postseason patch. There was one that was an older stock onfield with the full authentic brim sticker with the good poly and the New Era logo as a glued on patch. Rest were the new stock USA with imported materials. Looks like they are just sticking patches on whatever stock they had laying around. I know my alt postseason hat was an new imported materials hat that did not have the New Era logo on it so they glued the logo patch on.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/26/17 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My road Postseason hat came in. It is Chinese made, however, it seems almost identical to the US made one I have. Shockingly, it doesn't give me the "V" headache most my recent purchases have. The crown is a little high, comparable to the batting Wahoo HC hat I just got. So, I am not sure what these means as far as the quality of the current "US" made hats.

When I opened the box, I was pretty pissed, it was Chinese and I was going to return. However, I am not confident I can find a US made one that will be any better than this anyway. It does piss me off to pay $32 for Chinese made hat, but what can you do?

[img]2017 Cleveland Indians Postseason Rd by Craig Smith, on Flickr[/img]
bamahater
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/28/17 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Astros road postseason hat came in today from Fanatics and my worst fear came true. Opened the box and there was the hat in all is Bangladeshi glory. Utter trash. Way worse than Chino made hats and that says something. Well at least I get free return shipping from my shoprunner account.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/28/17 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOUNDDOG wrote:
Guru, will they still be making DE hats or are they getting rid of them altogether?

DE's done as far as ST/BP whether it's ever used for a SE again or customs depends on how much of it NE has.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/29/17 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bamahater wrote:
Astros road postseason hat came in today from Fanatics and my worst fear came true. Opened the box and there was the hat in all is Bangladeshi glory. Utter trash. Way worse than Chino made hats and that says something. Well at least I get free return shipping from my shoprunner account.

If you have a Lids even remotely close to you that may have that cap, go pick up the US made version, and return the Chino/Bango/Vietno trash cap. I've done this more than once.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/29/17 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
HOUNDDOG wrote:

DE's done as far as ST/BP whether it's ever used for a SE again or customs depends on how much of it NE has.

Will they still do St. Paddy's day promotion? If so...does your SE comment mean that could once again be DE (although, really, how many ways can they make an across-the-board style for that? I miss the old perf. poly ways, when teams would choose to participate and choose to have unique styles).

Also, I've seen you mention the DE going away multiple times now - but no mention of the replacement. Will there be a replacement? Or are ACs going to be the BP move? return of the 39thirty? Either way, will there be a new line? MUSA?
Page 3 of 12   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: