anyone like Lids MLB ultimate patch collection hats?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/12/17 10:10 pm    Post subject: anyone like Lids MLB ultimate patch collection hats? Reply with quote
anyone like these hats?

I see tons of these caps getting released at lids
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 09/12/17 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 09/13/17 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The caps are the worst quality Chinese material. With that, the front logos are wrong compared to on-field caps.

Also, patches look crappy with those thick outlined stitching on a flat design, doesn't look anything like the original patches they emulate.

Lastly, why does Lids feel the need to slap a 2012 patch on a 1998 design? Just an example, but they mix and matched eras in the worst way.
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/13/17 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Indians-New-Era-MLB-Ultimate-Patch-Collection-Game-59FIFTY-Hat-Cap-/352164904992?var=&hash=item51feaa0020:m:mAcBMSZxuCSEs9d3DZWxnZQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Indians-New-Era-MLB-Pintasic-59FIFTY-Hat-Cap-/352164904836?var=&hash=item51fea9ff84:m:mMp4mLMAgHUh0EXmelehJNw

LOL, this ebay seller is reselling these crappy patch hats for crazy prices!
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/18/17 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the idea, but as per usual in the broken Lids / New Era way of doing things, whatever that relationship is - it was very poorly implemented. Of all of the patches they could have chosen historical to Chicago for the Cubs, they picked some nondescript and boring design from the 1976 centennial of the club that is very simplistic, has a couple of lines on it, and a lot of blank, white space. It looks like my 5th grader drew it in art class one day. Ok...

That along with the aforementioned crappy Chinese quality just makes for a lackluster product, IMO. As simple as a Cubs "C" is to get right, you would think anyway - many of the ones coming out of China these days are disproportionate and a train wreck to look at. Clear to me that NE is extremely lax on the QC over there if indeed they have any at all. I have seen caps for sale over here on the rack that have logos so messed up I could tell they were wrong without my glasses on...and that's saying something.
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/18/17 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How bad are your eyes Shocked ?

jchcollins wrote:
I like the idea, but as per usual in the broken Lids / New Era way of doing things, whatever that relationship is - it was very poorly implemented. Of all of the patches they could have chosen historical to Chicago for the Cubs, they picked some nondescript and boring design from the 1976 centennial of the club that is very simplistic, has a couple of lines on it, and a lot of blank, white space. It looks like my 5th grader drew it in art class one day. Ok...

That along with the aforementioned crappy Chinese quality just makes for a lackluster product, IMO. As simple as a Cubs "C" is to get right, many of the ones coming out of China these days are disproportionate and a train wreck. Clear to me that NE is extremely lax on the QC over there if indeed they have any. I have seen caps for sale over here on the rack that have logos so messed up I could tell they were wrong without my glasses on...and that's saying something.
jchcollins
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/18/17 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonwin wrote:

LOL I'm probably about 20/400 without glasses. That would have been considered the "coke bottle" range of glasses before the advent of something called high index lenses, but anymore it's difficult to tell. It's a moot point in looking at crappy cap quality, because for me to go anywhere to see caps, I would have to have my glasses to find the car - let alone drive. Very Happy
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 09/18/17 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're a better person than most.

Lot of people out there driving like they are blind Sad

jchcollins wrote:
jonwin wrote:

LOL I'm probably about 20/400 without glasses. That would have been considered the "coke bottle" range of glasses before the advent of something called high index lenses, but anymore it's difficult to tell. It's a moot point in looking at crappy cap quality, because for me to go anywhere to see caps, I would have to have my glasses to find the car - let alone drive. Very Happy
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 09/21/17 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw a Vietnamese 2016 Mother's Day cap at Ross the other day that was wrong in every way possible. Logo crooked, huge bump in the crown, lopsided crown, bill not on straight. I truly don't believe QC exists for them. No wonder it hit deep clearance.
fah35
Beginner

Post Posted: 01/31/18 10:29 am    Post subject: How bad is the pirates pillbox ultimate patch Reply with quote
I saw the pirates pillbox on the lids site. Is worth buying or should I pass on it.
Tubby34
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 01/31/18 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: How bad is the pirates pillbox ultimate patch Reply with quote
fah35 wrote:
I saw the pirates pillbox on the lids site. Is worth buying or should I pass on it.

I'd pass unless you really want a pillbox. This line was a trainwreck.

The ones I wanted were never sent to market, or if they were--- were sent with incorrect logos and colors.

Double check the Pirates to make sure you'd be happy with it.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 01/31/18 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How bad is the pirates pillbox ultimate patch Reply with quote
Tubby34 wrote:
fah35 wrote:

I'd pass unless you really want a pillbox. This line was a trainwreck.

The ones I wanted were never sent to market, or if they were--- were sent with incorrect logos and colors.

Double check the Pirates to make sure you'd be happy with it.

Come now, we all know you bought 5 or 6 of those Marlins hats. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: