Missing cap from Lids.com orderView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/26/17 10:29 pm    Post subject: Missing cap from Lids.com order Reply with quote
So I ordered two of the Camden Yards patch caps from Lids.com and only one showed up. The receipt in the box clearly shows that I was billed for two. Anyone have experience dealing with this? I think it sold out in my size shortly after ordering and I just assume that they only had one left in stock to put in my box when filling the order due to some screw-up.

Would an in-person visit to a Lids work to get my money back? Seems impossible to prove that you didn't actually receive a cap so I'm hoping they don't make me jump through hoops.
LARangersFan
Rookie

Post Posted: 08/26/17 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing cap from Lids.com order Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
So I ordered two of the Camden Yards patch caps from Lids.com and only one showed up. The receipt in the box clearly shows that I was billed for two. Anyone have experience dealing with this? I think it sold out in my size shortly after ordering and I just assume that they only had one left in stock to put in my box when filling the order due to some screw-up.

Would an in-person visit to a Lids work to get my money back? Seems impossible to prove that you didn't actually receive a cap so I'm hoping they don't make me jump through hoops.

Had something similar happen a little over a year ago with a clearance shirt. I had ordered around four items and they shipped from three different stores. One store was supposed to send two items but I received only one item. I went on the chat and they set up a refund. There wasn't really any questions asked. It took a few days for the refund but I did receive my money back.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/27/17 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Missing cap from Lids.com order Reply with quote
LARangersFan wrote:
Had something similar happen a little over a year ago with a clearance shirt. I had ordered around four items and they shipped from three different stores. One store was supposed to send two items but I received only one item. I went on the chat and they set up a refund. There wasn't really any questions asked. It took a few days for the refund but I did receive my money back.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'd give the live chat a try right now but it's currently unavailable. Might try for an in-person refund if I'm near the mall tomorrow, otherwise will go the live chat route once it's available.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/27/17 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same thing happen once. They'll refund you, no problem. I used the chat feature.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/27/17 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guys. You were right, it was super easy once I got connected. Far easier than taking care of it in an actual store since the cash register guy thought it was fine to take five minutes flirting with a couple of women making a purchase while I stood there waiting like a schmuck. Really pissed me off and I ended up putting back the cap I was planning on buying along with the refund and just walked out.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 08/28/17 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Thanks guys. You were right, it was super easy once I got connected. Far easier than taking care of it in an actual store since the cash register guy thought it was fine to take five minutes flirting with a couple of women making a purchase while I stood there waiting like a schmuck. Really pissed me off and I ended up putting back the cap I was planning on buying along with the refund and just walked out.

I read this too fast and thought you were the one flirting with the girls. I thought, "Sounds like a successful trip to me!"
Page 1 of 1   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Prices/Legit Checks/EBAY Checks

Jump to: