2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnieb
Gold Member

Post Posted: 07/18/17 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
but i understand where everyone is coming from. im affraid to say i like them due to the backlash i would face haha. i just think the design is pretty cool,i like how the derby caps take something from the city its played in.

I agree totally with them taking something design-wise into hats from cities hosting all star / hrd.

Maybe just taking on their color ways (and use of patches like previous years) instead of the crummy materials!
Betters22
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/18/17 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shane618 wrote:
LEROY712 wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
I hate to insult anyone who likes them, but i'm shocked at the positive reception of the Home Run Derby caps. I honestly think they're the ugliest caps that have been introduced since I started collecting just a few years ago. They are offensive to the eyes and look like someone was joking around with the design and wanted to see if people would still lap them up.

Right??? Unfortunately New Era has done a mighty good job at weaving their way into the minds of basic fan boys. New Era could make a cap out of dog feces for "bark in the park" night and the same fan boys will be drooling over them with semi chubbies. The perfect example is that of the new "retro classic" line. Half the crap is trash and done incorrectly while the other half you can easily find originals of on eBay for $15. Yet all you see is "🔥" or "hit this outta the park! I can't wait" comments on social media. Like what you like, but sometimes people just need to snap out of it and wake up! Just because it's New Era it doesn't make it 🔥🔥🔥...

To this point, and I know we are straying horribly off topic here...BUT...I became unreasonably angered yesterday when I saw Lids/New Era putting this out (http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-Ultimate-Patch-Collection-Anniversary-59FIFTY-Cap/20931901). Now, I love the rare Orioles Road Alt Grays...LOVE THEM...BUT, it was only around for two years (95-96) and the Orioles 50th anniversary was 8 years later. The patch itself even displays the 2004 logo. Yet, somewhere, somehow, some idiot will buy this. If you were going to slap a patch on this chinese hat, at least do a 2131 one.

Wow that hat doesn't even make any sense, the patch has the wrong logo and that hat was barely ever worn. DUMB!
LEROY712
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/18/17 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
but i understand where everyone is coming from. im affraid to say i like them due to the backlash i would face haha. i just think the design is pretty cool,i like how the derby caps take something from the city its played in.

You should never be afraid to express your like or interest in anything. That's not the point. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff I like that people wouldn't like at all. What I have a problem with is the New Era "Gobblers" that will like a hairy turd just because it was made by New Era. That's what really irritates me. New Era does a good job at greasing these types up to keep the "Yes man" attitudes going.

Dont even get me started on the should have been abortion that is the "Ultimate Patch" collection...
jpoconnell
Rookie

Post Posted: 07/18/17 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I liked the HR derby caps, and the thing about them is that they were only used for the HR derby, and nothing else. I think New Era saw the Derby as a chance to try something more outside the box, and make a more unconventional cap. I wouldn't necessarily like it if these derby caps replaced the DE caps for spring training (I'm a DE fan), but for one event, it's ok
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 07/21/17 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LLWS MLB caps.
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
LLWS MLB caps.

Are they selling those? And what are they for?
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LEROY712 wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

You should never be afraid to express your like or interest in anything. That's not the point. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of stuff I like that people wouldn't like at all. What I have a problem with is the New Era "Gobblers" that will like a hairy turd just because it was made by New Era. That's what really irritates me. New Era does a good job at greasing these types up to keep the "Yes man" attitudes going.

Dont even get me started on the should have been abortion that is the "Ultimate Patch" collection...

Yea I know. You guys know me ha. I feel you man ,I see it all the time. I feel every time I look at the lids website there is some sort of lids exclusive patch hat....like once a week they have some new hat with a patch,and is usually some incorrect time period logo/color scheme. So many patches haha
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
soxkrazy wrote:
LLWS MLB caps.

Are you sure? We've seen the Pirates cap and they're using the 70s-era Pirate, not this one. Also, the star on the Nats cap looks completely out of place. Also.....these are all hideous.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are a few interesting color choices and logos there. I'm especially curious about the Marlins cap since it looks like the cap they should have been wearing ever since their rebrand. And is that baseball 'rise of man' thing an alternative batterman or a side patch? Would make a big difference in whether I'd give these a shot.

Of course, material and MUSA/Chino will be critical as well and the Pirates leak wasn't encouraging in that regard.

Last edited by Guy Gadbois on 07/21/17 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
soxkrazy wrote:
LLWS MLB caps.

Are you sure? We've seen the Pirates cap and they're using the 70s-era Pirate, not this one. Also, the star on the Nats cap looks completely out of place. Also.....these are all hideous.

That's not the final sheet.

Nats, Dbacks, Twins, Giants and I believe Rays are changed.

As well, the Pirates that was posted earlier is the correct version.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, Clubhouse hats in 2018 will come in 5950 not just the other lines as they previously did. (ie 3930, snap etc).
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Indians hat is SOOOOOO exciting (yawn).
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
The Indians hat is SOOOOOO exciting (yawn).

Swinging Wahoo would have seemed like an obvious choice. Speaking of swinging logos, I wonder if this is the O's cap that the Hat Club twitter was alluding to a couple months back.

And isn't the Angels one essentially identical to their everyday cap? Or is the off-centered logo not an error but rather a 'feature'? lol
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When I read some would be TBTC-styled, I really hoped NE would take a cue from HC's custom Braves 70s feather cap and do that. But no....gotta go with the ridiculous tomahawk BP look.

I can't tell y'all how much I've saved not buying a ton of caps this year. Grabbed a couple when I went to games, but that's it.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 07/21/17 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bucs007 wrote:
When I read some would be TBTC-styled, I really hoped NE would take a cue from HC's custom Braves 70s feather cap and do that. But no....gotta go with the ridiculous tomahawk BP look.

I can't tell y'all how much I've saved not buying a ton of caps this year. Grabbed a couple when I went to games, but that's it.

I actually like the tomahawk BP hat (not this red turd pictured). However, the feather hat would have been great.
Page 58 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: