2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure he was talking about HC but I'm sure you're right about all that anyway. Just had to say I 1000% agree with you on the player shirts. I miss the classic flat ones. The worst is you look online and the picture still looks like the old style then you get it and it's all textured.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/14/17 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What do people think about the Mothers Days caps? Has anyone bought one for their team this year?
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm ashamed to say the guy at Lids had one last night and seeing it in person I kind of want one. You can see on the players they're Chino AF though and have all the pops and bulges around the band and crown.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
I'm ashamed to say the guy at Lids had one last night and seeing it in person I kind of want one. You can see on the players they're Chino AF though and have all the pops and bulges around the band and crown.

Players will have USA Made ones. Same s material but usa construction. Some of the jeter/mothers day were usa made as well too.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's so weak they do that now but retail is entirely Chinese. Maybe it's just cause they're brand new then.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NEs logic is why make them all in USA, and pay that labor cost. When you can make all of the retail in 'Nam and only make team issued orders in Derby. Less Money spent making= More money to be made in profits. Sad reality of NE and all other businesses today. Same goes for The memorial day cap except in Those are China made. Even last years Fathers/Mothers and S&S caps were usa made for players. Exactly why i refuse to pay $36 or $40 for this years SE caps.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/14/17 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:
What do people think about the Mothers Days caps? Has anyone bought one for their team this year?

I caved and bought one this year. The coed softball team my wife and I play on decided on bright pink and grey this season (totally NOT my choice), so I figured I'd grab a Giants one to match.

I actually really like it. It's got a bit of a strange fit (made in Vietnam), but I absolutely LOVE the material. It's very soft and breathable and about a trillion times nicer than the DE BP cap material. I have it on the re-cap right now to get rid of some of that odd shape.

Honestly? I kinda love all of the SE caps this year. I can't wait to pick up one of those funky looking HRD caps.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/14/17 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The "hot" pink is the tough part for me. If it were more of a baby pink then I would not mind seeing all the players covered in the color...
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone watching the game tonight? Is Charlie Morton wearing a low crown or just a really well bent standard?
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/14/17 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jfi wrote:

LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/15/17 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're ridiculous in their design, I'm sick of the stupid heathered material on everything, they're more expensive this year, and they're all made in China. It's like New Era is repeatedly kneeing us in the groin and we hand them $40 and ask for more. No thanks.
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/15/17 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Next year I would really like them to have their regular caps with either Pink and Blue logos or their regular caps with the ribbon side-patches. Those would be much, MUCH classier!
XclickX
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/16/17 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan wrote:
Next year I would really like them to have their regular caps with either Pink and Blue logos or their regular caps with the ribbon side-patches. Those would be much, MUCH classier!

FTW!
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/16/17 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan wrote:

That would be a huge improvement! I just can't imagine there is a high demand (for game used or retail) for the Mother's Day hats the last two years...
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/18/17 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pirates are wearing their 'Military Appreciation' or whatever caps today. Man, those are rough. I mean, they're ugly on their own but they also don't fit with the tops they're paired with either. What the hell were the Pirates thinking?
Page 48 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: